Ronald Reagan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Like him or hate him.....

He made his mark on the world. Some of it good and some of it bad.

Rest in peace RR.

He 'slipped the surly bonds of earth' (said in his speech after the Challenger disaster). Whether he wrote the line or not, it's a great one.

Well, we know he came up with the "Honey, I forgot to duck" line on his own. Agree with his politics or not (which I didn't) you have to admire someone who can joke like that after a brush with death.

My grandmother died after a long bout with Alzheimers. It truly is a horrible way to lose a loved one. My heart goes out to his family. :sad:

God Bless Ronald Reagan and everything he did over his lifetime for the USA and the World!

what he actually accomplished while in office can be debated to the wit's end... but what can't be debated is his iconic status as president. he inspired a generation of americans who grew up with the fear of the cold war. for that he will be forever remembered and revered. may he rest in peace.

My thoughts go out to his family - Alzheimer's is a terrible way to die, but moreso, a terrible way to live. It sucks the humanity out of you until nothing is left and I hope he and they can now find some peace.

Ronald_Reagan.jpg

"When the Lord calls me home ... I will leave with the greatest love for this country of ours and eternal optimism for its future," he wrote on Nov. 5, 1994. "I know that for America there will always be a bright dawn ahead."

Always the optimist....

Last edited:
RIP President Reagan. May God bless his family with comfort at this time.

May God also bless those that are filled with hatred for this man, that they may find some way to forgive and one day also be prepared to meet their maker.

President Reagan was a dignified statesman and a true leader. His policies may have been controversial (i.e. Star Wars and Reagonomics) but, at the end of the day, he made Americans proud and he helped bring an end to the cold war.

He knew 10 years ago that he would gradually fade away until his death, and he faced his disease with the same dignity with which he faced his opponents.

Rest in peace Ronnie.......you will be sorely missed.

Dreadsox said:
Like him or hate him.....

He made his mark on the world. Some of it good and some of it bad.

Rest in peace RR.

agree

i personally do think he paved the way for future 'Prezs' like George HW Bush and George W Bush to run america like a Cowboy's court

Back
Top Bottom