Rock Against Bush?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i know this whole thing is a great drain on the US economy.
I see your point when you hate Bush for screwing the Economy and not seeming to care much for the US.
Don't believe everything the opposition says about Bush..
There are a lot of lies being spun.

But Someone had to save the world again.. no suprise who turned up yet again.
Bush is to be commended for standing up and making the tough descision...he knew it would'nt be a popular one.
A lesser man would have not given a damn about it and the world would be getting right royally screwed about now.
Remember Extremists don't respond to politics and negotiations, they only way to stop them is by fighting them at their own game. It's harsh i know but it's the only way.

I hope you can see the light at the end of the tunnel

Sting, I hope you can snuggle up to your statistics and sleep well at night. I for one have a hard time ignoring the deafening roar that is building up in this country and around the world that this is realizing the Iraq decision was wrong. The once vocal minority before the war has just become the majority as Bush's approval of the Iraq situation has dropped below 50%. I understand your side of it, I think you understand mine. So I won't be responding anymore in the War forum or in Free Your mind if the discussion turns to the war. It's been beaten to death.

You can quit going on about Afghanastan too, because I agreed with the decision to go in there. Our country was struck and we had the appropriate information of who did it, and we took the proper action.

stagman said:
What Sting2 said!!

When I say stupid people i mean those that try ignore the fact that Islamic militants have only 1 goal ands that is to kill as many westerners as possible. The same goes for Saddam supporters if there are still any. These groups have to be eradicated or stopped at least. Saddam tortured his own people. He lived in absolute luxury while not giving a damn about his people who lived in terrible conditions..... How can the world let that kind of thing go by. Saddam and his government simply did not have the right to rule any more.
Sadly the EU was too gutless and lazy to do anything.
Those European nations should still be thanking the US for saving them during WWII.. since 1946 Europe has gradually turned anti-US. It just does'nt make sense... oh and the French don't make any sense either. Chirac may as well be a member of Al Quedia!!:mad:

Before you start labeling people as stupid you might want to try and come up with an educated response. With the exception of Saddam being a horrible person, which I dare say everyone here agrees with, none of what you said here makes sense or can be backed up.

What does Islamic militants have to do with the war in Iraq?

"Chirac may as well be a member of Al Quidia"? What the hell kind of statement is this.

So tell me what The EU would have done if the US did'nt step in??
I really could'nt have seen anything better coming from them in regards to combating terrorism and Saddam's regime.

stagman said:
So tell me what The EU would have done if the US did'nt step in??
I really could'nt have seen anything better coming from them in regards to combating terrorism and Saddam's regime.

I don't know I can't speak in hypotheticals. But the anti-EU attitude that lives in the people that supported this war is nothing but people falling for the "if you're not with us you're with the enemy" bullshit. There's a lot of gray there that many don't see.

But what I find interesting is that you allude to Islamic Militants and Al-Queda when talking about the war in Iraq. Maybe you should read up a little more before rushing to judge.

They are both on the same side really.
Also Saddam had previously been paying Palistinian families great sums of money for any sons that perform suicide bombing's against Isreal. He was a gross supporter of Terrorism. That cannot be denied! Links were found between Al Queda and Saddam. Saddam did have plans to go to war at some stage, many chemical weapons were found and the UN inspectors did find documents suggesting Weapons of mass Destruction existed.
Strong Rumours have been around for quite a while that Saddam's government had secret ties with Syria. So don't for one moment suggest that there never were WOMD. Israeli intelligence has strong beliefs that the Syrians are hiding something.

Anyway Al-Queda, Jamah Islamihya and Saddam's Regime were evil organisations that had to or have to be stopped.

There is very, very strong feeling against Jamah Islamiyha here in Australia. The Indonesion based terror group has been trying hide behind religious refuge. The Indonesion Government can't do much about them while most of thier own citizens (Muslims) have nothing against the terror group.

Anti EU opinions may exist because some of those countries are involved in laeding the spineless internation group called the UN.
Every operation they have undertaken in recent years has led to embarressment. They are too slow to react and too beaurocratic!
The UN Needs a major shakeup!

Back
Top Bottom