Rise of the Far Right in Europe - What do you think?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheU2

Refugee
Onion.com
wink.gif

This question was posted to a few people in London:

"From France to Austria to the Netherlands, ultra-nationalist, far-right political parties hostile to immigration are making gains throughout Europe. What do you think?"

Here are the answers:
From Chris Winfeld, Plumber

"Who cares if a bunch of fjord-niggers wanna go all fascist? We can take 'em."

From Dan Eichelberger, Systems Analyst

"If everyone has food on the table and the trains run on time, maybe it's worth the occasional mile-deep pit of innocent civilians."

From Eileen Tenace, Buyer

"Darling, I just returned from Fascism Week in Milan, and I dare say floral prints are back with a cold, steel vengeance this year."

From Laurie Almon, Architect

"Imagine how awful it would be if there were a resurgence of anti-Semitism in Europe. It'd be just like the last 2,000 years all over again."

Paul Bevacqua, Cab Driver

"I thought France already was fascist. The French guy at the coffee shop sure is."

Raymond Fingers, Civil Engineer

"Just keep your eye on them shifty-looking Luxembourgers. They're just waiting for the rest of the world to blink."

What do you think?

CK

[This message has been edited by TheU2 (edited 05-14-2002).]

Originally posted by Lilly:

A satire fan?

If you haven't noticed, this forum gets very heated. I think its good to "lighten" things up once in awhile. Visit Onion.com. This thread was born from that site.

satirewire.com is great as well. It was reconmended to me by a fellow interferencer.

CK

[This message has been edited by TheU2 (edited 05-14-2002).]

I love satire CK. Really, and I'm not criticising you or the Onion here. Racism or xenophobia just isnt funny in any way really. Unless of course you are making fun of those dim witted people who do hate others simply because of where they came from. Thats funny. They deserve it. There's a story going round that when racists etc get to heaven they turn into footballs so we can kick them around. Fun eh?
We can call it what we like and say its tongue in cheek etc etc etc. I dunno...
My prefered brand of satire is found at www.chaser.com.au
Its particularly Aussie, so you may not get the full advantage of it, in case you do look here though, the NAB is a bank in Aus.

Thanks to K for that one.
biggrin.gif

Back
Top Bottom