RIght Wing News Site Satires Bono

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dreadsox

ONE love, blood, life
There are some pretty unfunny parts to the "interview".

Here is an excerpt:

Bono: You're right but one problem. I didn't know anything about poverty at the time, heck I still don't. So I had no idea what to talk about. But Edge came to the rescue. He just copied a lot of terms out of an old economics textbook and told me to mix it in with our song lyrics and no one would know the difference. He was right too. I think it's because most of the people at the UN don't speak English?.

John Hawkins: How could you possibly pull something like that off?

Bono: I wondered that at first but it's rather easy once you start doing it a few times. Here let me give you an example "So in order to help Africa help itself, we must look to economic indicators, reduce the debt compilation, and work to make socio-economic factors favor the poor instead of hurting them. When that happens, the streets will truly have no names."

John Hawkins: I have no idea what you just said.

Bono: Oh no one does. But no diplomat wants to look stupid compared to a rock star. So they all just nod knowingly like they understood what I said, tell me they really appreciate my work for the poor, and then have their pictures taken with me so they can try to convince the people where they live they're not really stuffy old farts. I've been all over the world and it works the same everywhere.

http://www.rightwingnews.com/humor/bono.php

Warning..if you click it be prepared to get pissed.

Last edited:
I don't get why they wrote that article. Why make fun of someone for helping people? I just don't get the point.

Here's the e-mail I sent to this ignorant :censored:--

Dear sir:

While you certainly have the right to post whatever you like on your website, I suggest that you get your facts straight before you make such outrageous and callous statements against Bono. Bono has been deeply involved with aiding the plight of the some of the world's most unfortunate people for nearly twenty years. Due to his tireless efforts, awareness of the AIDS crisis in Africa as well as the pressing issue of Third World debt relief have been raised among law and policy makers as well as among the public. Bono has donated large sums of both money and time to help the world's poor, and has encouraged many of his fans (and maybe some people who aren't even fans) to do the same. He doesn't do so blindly, either--he has studied with world-renowned economist Jeffrey Sachs and has worked with lawmakers of all stripes, from former Treasury Secretary Paul O'Neill to Sen. Orrin Hatch. He also had the not insignificant honor to have been invited to meet with Pope John Paul II, and was nominated for a little award you may have heard of called the Nobel Peace Prize.

In spite of all this, you still have the right to criticize the man if you like. But the next time you think about taking a swing at a man as passionate and intelligent about what he is doing as Bono is, perhaps you ought to look in the mirror and ask yourself what *you've* done lately to help the "least of your brothers."

paxetaurora said:
Here's the e-mail I sent to this ignorant :censored:--

Dear sir:

While you certainly have the right to post whatever you like on your website, I suggest that you get your facts straight before you make such outrageous and callous statements against Bono. Bono has been deeply involved with aiding the plight of the some of the world's most unfortunate people for nearly twenty years. Due to his tireless efforts, awareness of the AIDS crisis in Africa as well as the pressing issue of Third World debt relief have been raised among law and policy makers as well as among the public. Bono has donated large sums of both money and time to help the world's poor, and has encouraged many of his fans (and maybe some people who aren't even fans) to do the same. He doesn't do so blindly, either--he has studied with world-renowned economist Jeffrey Sachs and has worked with lawmakers of all stripes, from former Treasury Secretary Paul O'Neill to Sen. Orrin Hatch. He also had the not insignificant honor to have been invited to meet with Pope John Paul II, and was nominated for a little award you may have heard of called the Nobel Peace Prize.

In spite of all this, you still have the right to criticize the man if you like. But the next time you think about taking a swing at a man as passionate and intelligent about what he is doing as Bono is, perhaps you ought to look in the mirror and ask yourself what *you've* done lately to help the "least of your brothers."

:up:.

Well said.

I especially like this part:

"But the next time you think about taking a swing at a man as passionate and intelligent about what he is doing as Bono is, perhaps you ought to look in the mirror and ask yourself what *you've* done lately to help the "least of your brothers."

Exactly.

That site is proof that some people just have way too much time on their hands.

Angela

80sU2isBest said:
I don't get why they wrote that article. Why make fun of someone for helping people? I just don't get the point.

It is kind of why I was shaking my head as well. Pax has inspired me. WHen I return from my little sister's High School Graduation party, I think I might send something off.

Peace

Wow. That was one of the most offensive things someone has written about him - that went beyond satire (I read the whole thing)

:down: X 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

:mad:

bonosloveslave said:
Wow. That was one of the most offensive things someone has written about him - that went beyond satire (I read the whole thing)

I just showed my wife what it said. She turned a lovely shade of RED and promptly switched to her account to email the owner of the site.

Eh...it's a site written by a very small minority. It's not even designed that professionally. I guess it shows that the internet is blind to popularity.

Melon

If you let them rent space in your head, you're only flattering their hit counter.

Hey you all the far right has been taking shots at Bono for years!They do not like the fact that what he says makes sense (except to them)they are ignorant people period it makes me angry that there are people like this in the world but there are and there is little we can do to change their minds (I doubt Bono could either)they are warped period!

u2sangel, I really don't think the problem is that the writer is a conservative. He's an idiot, and that's certainly not the same thing. There are smart thoughtful conservatives, like the ones who post here in FYM, as well as famous ones like Senator Frist, and then there are :censored: idiots who write junk like this. Perhaps it *is* a case of extremists being idiots. I do believe extremist anybodies are idiots.

Last edited:
paxetaurora said:

More proof that there is not in fact a vast left-wing conspiracy against the FYM conservatives. ;)

Are there any left in here ?????

My observation:
Unthoughtful, disrespectful members from the right and left are warned
and if need be, then dealt with.

deep said:
My observation:
Unthoughtful, disrespectful members from the right and left are warned
and if need be, then dealt with.

Absolutely. There are :censored: dunderheads on both the left and the right and they get what they deserve.

verte76 said:
u2sangel, I really don't think the problem is that the writer is a conservative. He's an idiot, and that's certainly not the same thing. There are smart thoughtful conservatives, like the ones who post here in FYM, as well as famous ones like Senator Frist, and then there are :censored: idiots who write junk like this. Perhaps it *is* a case of extremists being idiots. I do believe extremist anybodies are idiots.

Exactly.

Angela

its just satire

there is no reason to get in a big kerfuffle.

i will admit i did laugh at the part regarding kofi annan and the u.n.

u2sangel said:
verte 76 you are right extremists are idiots!The point I was trying to make is whenever there is someone who has the courage of their convictions and speaks out there are always going to be people who disagree!

That's very true.

Back
Top Bottom