Republican tribute for Johnny Cash

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I agree - I really don't think that Johnny Cash would have chosen to get involved in the sort of partisan politics that is currently taken place in the U.S. Presidential election. :ohmy:

Cash was a man of the People - of poor and working people, of people who feel disenfranchised from the political, economic and social structures they live in, so how much his viewpoints would have fittef in to the current Republican agenda is VERY DEBATABLE.

I only wonder if there was permission given for this "tribute" from the Cash family and who would have given it. Anyway, this "tribute" doesn't seem to fit the image of "The Man in Black"!:scratch:

Unfortunately, I would have to say that this seemed to be an obvious pandering to the STEREOTYPE that those who appreciate Country Music are sympathetic to the current policies of the Republican Party - which I feel would be a gross simplification of reality.:tsk:

Country Music, like Rock Music, HipHop or any other form of music, has NO discernable political ideology and it is WRONG of others to twist things around to make it appear that does.

Anyway, there is a concept called Karma which Johnny Cash knew much about and I imagine that he is already ensuring that Karma will appropriately have its day in this regard. :wink:

Thanks, katey, for bringing this to our attention.

LONG LIVE THE MAN IN BLACK....:up: :angel: :hug:

Back
Top Bottom