Report - More Than 100,000 Abused/Neglected Kids Await Adoption

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrsSpringsteen

Blue Crack Addict
http://www.cnn.com/2004/HEALTH/parenting/11/17/adoption.ap/index.html

The report uses data from the Child and Family Service Reviews -- detailed and rigorous examinations of each state's child welfare system used to evaluate each state's system for protecting children from abuse and neglect.

Overall, not one state has passed the new tests. Seven states were in compliance with two of seven main standards, and 20 states plus the District of Columbia were in compliance with one of them. Twenty-three states failed all seven.

Wednesday's report focuses on the data surrounding adoption. In this case, just six states have met standards -- making sufficient effort to finalize adoptions and moving kids quickly into new homes.

I'm glad I voted for my local issue to support foster care, regardless of it being a taxed issue.

I'm sad to say this, but this goes to show that even though abortions are legal, we can't make every child a wanted child.

I wish there was more of a push to get loving people to adopt older children. Instead, the media makes heroes out of women who do fertility drugs and give birth to septuplets.

This is bad news, and oddly enough, it can support both parties and their stances on different issues.

martha said:
I just thank God that these kids aren't being placed with gay parents who would love them and help them heal from their abuse. It's so much better to leave them in group homes and foster care.

Amen to that sister.

/sarcasm

Anyways, political differences aside, I vote for foster care issues, even if it's a tax increase. These kids deserve better.

Back
Top Bottom