religion 6.0.1.54

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AcrobatMan

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Song of the week "sentimental" by Porcupine Tree
1) okay so my religion is the best and i am the best - you all are no good. do you understand ?

2) and the ones who dont believe will die and go to hell. in hell there are coachroaches, spiders and snakes...and you wont like it there

3) the ones written in my book is correct.

4) those who dont believe in that book gonna either convert and you are all gonna die . first i will try it gently and still if you are not ready, i have the ultimate permission ...so that i can get a better seat in heaven..some thing like a better seat in a movie theatre

5) whatever is written here is correct..dont you ever argue with me..ok..else i will close the thread. dont you know that whatever is there in the book is the real truth..how do i know?..you silly..its written in that book. ever tried to read it..such a great book.

6) okay..if you ever try to leave my religion, you are doomed.... so if you get infected, pass it on.. or something evil will happen to you.. similar to what happened to you when you didnt spread the chain email. ...and dont try to get rid of it

7) so you must breed a lot..so that the world is full of us.. then it will be easy for all of us.. we can all go to heaven.

8) dont look into any scientific books..dont ever question my book..understand... the infection must continue..

9) terrorise everybody you can..its the force that matters - afterall

I've seen this applied to many different religions, I've seen it in here, I've seen it in Goal is Soul, I've seen it in my family, my church, and on the streets. Maybe not always all 10 but different combinations of the above. It's sad, it's discusting, and I wish there was just one place here on earth that I could go to where it didn't exist.

I just want to quote from a website i read because of a FYM-link:

http://www.faithfulamerica.org
Faith is universal. It knows no borders, no skin color, no ideologies. Through faith, we can see God in each other, and love one another as children of God. Recently, some of our soldiers in Iraq failed to see their Iraqi prisoners as God?s children, and we are now bearing the painful images of their inhumanity.

The world would be a lot better off if every religion was wrong or everyone knew religion was wrong.

|
|
\ /

That puts it down nicely.

Last edited:
"Dumb All Over"
---------------
Whoever we are
Wherever we're from
We shoulda noticed by now
Our behavior is dumb
And if our chances
Expect to improve
It's gonna take a lot more
Than tryin' to remove
The other race
Or the other whatever
From the face
Of the planet altogether

They call it THE EARTH
Which is a dumb kinda name
But they named it right
'Cause we behave the same...
*We are dumb all over*
Dumb all over,
Yes we are
Dumb all over,
Near 'n far
Dumb all over,
Black 'n white
People, we is not wrapped tight

Nurds on the left
Nurds on the right
Religous fanatics
On the air every night
Sayin' the Bible
Tells the story
Makes the details
Sound real gory
'Bout what to do
If the geeks over there
Don't believe in the book
We got over here

You can't run a race
Without no feet
'N pretty soon
There won't be no street
For dummies to jog on
Or doggies to dog on
Religous fanatics
Can make it be all gone
(I mean it won't blow up
'N disappear
It'll just look ugly
For a thousand years...)

You can't run a country
By a book of religion
Not by a heap
Or a lump or a smidgeon
Of foolish rules
Of ancient date
Designed to make
You all feel great
While you fold, spindle
And mutilate
Those unbelievers
From a neighboring state

TO ARMS! TO ARMS!
Hooray! That's great
Two legs ain't bad
Unless there's a crate
They ship the parts
To mama in
For souvenirs: two ears *(Get Down!)*
Not his, not hers, *(but what the hey?)*
The Good Book says:
*("It gotta be that way!")*
But their book says:
*"REVENGE THE CRUSADES...
With whips 'n chains
'N hand grenades..."*
TWO ARMS? TWO ARMS?
Have another and another
Our God says:
*"There ain't no other!"*
Our God says
*"It's all okay!"*
Our God says
*"This is the way!"*

It says in the book:
*"Burn 'n destroy...*
*'N repent, 'n redeem*
*'N revenge, 'n deploy*
*'N rumble thee forth*
*To the land of the unbelieving scum on
the other side*
*'Cause they don't go for what's in the
book*
*'N that makes 'em BAD*
*So verily we must choppeth them up*
*And stompeth them down*
*Or rent a nice French bomb*
*To poof them out of existance
*While leaving their real estate just where
we need it*
*To use again*
*For temples in which to praise
OUR GOD*
*("Cause he can really take care of
business!")*

And when his humble TV servant
With humble white hair
And humble glasses
And a nice brown suit
And maybe a blond wife who takes
phone calls
Tells us our God says
It's okay to do this stuff
Then we gotta do it,
'Cause if we don't do it,
We ain't gwine up to *hebbin!*
(Depending on which book you're using
at the time...Can't use theirs... it don't work
...it's all lies...Gotta use mine...)
Ain't that right?
That's what they say
Every night...
Every day...
Hey, we can't really be dumb
If we're just following *God's Orders*
Hey, let's get serious...
God knows what he's doin'
He wrote this book here
An' the book says:
*He made us all to be just like Him,"
so...
If we're dumb...
Then God is dumb...
*(An' maybe even a little ugly on the side)*
( Frank Zappa 1981)

Monotheism generally causes violence, it is inherent that when you only worship one god in a particular way then you will have trouble with anybody else, that is why Christianity, Islam and Judaism have so much blood on their hands for this very reason, they will kill anybody that doesn't convert. Buddhism on the other hand is based on doing good actions and avoiding bad actions, this is coupled with very simple principles to follow which ultimately makes people more peaceful.

1. I undertake the precept to refrain from harming living creatures (killing).
2. I undertake the precept to refrain from taking that which is not given (stealing).
3. I undertake the precept to refrain from sexual misconduct.
4. I undertake the precept to refrain from incorrect speech (lying, harsh language, slander, idle chit-chat).
5. I undertake the precept to refrain from intoxicants which lead to carelessness.

It is a true religion of peace because it doesn't impose on all others.

My religion is better than yours is a good little bit and I like it a lot. I get the sarcasm and I like it, my humour chip is a little shakey, I stand by the fact that most religions have a long history of violence to their names and I think that it is becase they are inherently exclusive of eachother.

/Can't we all Just Get Along :heart:

Last edited:
My Mother 'Made' Me A Spirtual 'Radical'!

When I was a kid we had an "Illustrated Bible". Don't ask me what version it was ...I duuno! It would have some kind of drawing or painting for a bunch of text.

One of that Bible's pictures for God: bearded Man sitting on a throne was /is still wonderous-looking even tho I don't believe anymore that God necessarily has to look/is like a bearded man on a throne...what was so wonderful was the beams of light streaming out from the center of his forehead and hosts of Angels with arms and wings lifted in song, they themselves looking translucent with their spiritual beingness surounded by clouds & sky.u

I think I had a sense of 'timelessness' that I could tap into easlier than the average person, through Nature. I may also of at some point started to associate that feeling with 'something bigger than myself', and certainly by the time I was in my late childhood [single digits] this mostly became centered around my birth religion- Ukrainian Catholisism.

I say mostly because at the same time{5 yrs old onward} I was also being exposed to the beautiful crafts, stories, music & dance of many of the other peoples around the world than from my parents origins white/southern & eastern-European 1st gen Americans-- that my mother treausured. In her case it was NAtive-American, African, Japaneese & Indian that she enjoyed the most. From these experiences I picked up some real, serious respect for these peoples {we *are* all One People as Human Beings}

From them I simutaneouly picked up a picked up a form of Animisism-- that each object, plant, animal has an Awareness, a Life Engery. SO for instance the Japaneese who still incorporate 'Shintoism' [a native Animistic religion] in their lives- ie: like when a seamstress/taylor's sewing needle breaks it is buried on a soft bed of tofu in honor of the Service it gave it's user. Hinduism --u know I don't remeber if it has Animistic threads in it-- but it is a very multi-theistc religion.

On top of that the two things that made the most general impression on me by the time I was around 9 or 10 was Jesus's Sermon on the Mount..."the do unto others" path of life. And trying to help less fortunate than yourself..."what you do to the least of these you do to me...." We grew up lower-middle middle class. Our mom's serious asthma took alot of extra money to take care of otherwise, I guess, we would have been middle-upper middle-clas. I only mention this in terms of becming sensitized to people in need dispite being in that class.

SO one day confused by slowly learning about how Christian missionaries went into Africa, American, Asia etc I said to my Mom..."these people like a Tribe in Africa don't want to become Christian's, but if they are *good people* re: The Golden Rule> my spiritual/religious standard> will they go to Heaven?

I 'just' couldn't understand thses missionaries calling those peoples 'heathens'{terrible people}. To my senses these people were following Jesus by the fact that they were & strove to be good people.

And my Mom said, "Yes".
And I will always love her for that :heart: :hug: {and many other reasons}.

She helped me to #avoid# that "my religion is better than yours"/"one True God" idea/syndrome too prevelent here in America & in other places, or in groups within groups of other religious people {any religion}.

I usually get along fine with agnostics & atheism, since i was sort of Agonostic for a while, perhaps even almost Aetheisitic after I conciously left my Catholic, then Christian faith.

I only #don't like# them {Ag/Aths} who would call me stupid or superstisious because I do believe in some Power, Powers, Force, Ground of All Being, Source or "God", I still use that word from time to time {it's so encultered in me}.

Blessed be

Last edited:
Acrobatman -- love the points you made. I find them to be amazingly accurate. I've never really had a problem with anyone's faith, it's the religions that terrify me.

There's nothing wrong with being an atheist - well, except of course you're going to hell. :mad:

Kidding! :D

Aaaanyway...yeah, there's nothing wrong with being an atheist, but there is something wrong with belittling someone's beliefs whenever the opportunity arises, and there is something wrong with saying a willingness to help your religion must be a result of brainwashing.

Last edited:
Hey everyone, it would be cool if everyone played nice. If anyone is going to actively discuss something that leads somewhere, please do it in the next few posts. Else, left it drift.

Ant.

Back
Top Bottom