Relay for Life

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BostonAnne

Refugee
It is so important to work towards a cure for cancer. After losing my step father this fall and knowing so many cancer survivors in the past couple of years, this issue has become even more important to me. We need to work hard to find a cure for such an awful disease.

If you haven't helped lately, please consider clicking on the link in my signature and help my team.

Thank you!

I am sorry for the loss of your father neutral. :sad: :hug: Cancer is such an awful disease.

I would think that you would be able to donate until June 11th, up until the Relay is over.

I'll check in to it. Thank you!!

Last edited:
I'm actually doing a story right now about our local Relay for Life event here. It really is an amazing event. At least here, and I'm sure they're all pretty similar, you have cancer survivors walking with people who are there in memory of a cancer victim.
For those who don't know much about it, there are teams that participate, usually sending out one member at a time to walk the track or whatever so someone is constantly walking throughout the night. They also welcome people who just want to show up, donate and walk by themselves. Then there's this amazing luminary ceremony where candles are lit in honor or in memory of someone who battled cancer. There's also usually games and music. It's a cool thing. I'd urge anyone here who's been touched by cancer (and we all have in some way) to check out their local event. You can find details about a local event at www.cancer.org.

But of course, support BostonAnne's team!!:rockon:

I did this last year, it was great. A friend of mine lost an 8-yr old little brother to some sort of the nasty stuff a few years ago, so it was really emotional for her. They had bought one of those little candles in memorium and everything, which were lined around the track. good Luck!

MandyMarie, I'm sorry about the loss of your grandfather & Uncle. VertigoGal, losing someone so young is so tragic. My heart goes out to your friend. :(

coemgen, thanks for adding more details to the event. :up:

BostonAnne said:
I would think that you would be able to donate until June 11th, up until the Relay is over.

I'll check in to it. Thank you!!

My sister said that the deadline is June 5th, as "bank night" is June 6th (whatever that is).

Thanks!

Thank you so much for all that have supported me!

I talked to my sister this morning. She is trying to have the team raise $5000 and we're at $4555. Bank night is Monday night - so if anyone was planning on helping now is the time. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom