Relativism in Christianity

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dreadsox said:

No, most people believe Jesus was not there with her. Sorry, he died, interesting conspiracy though.

I have yet to see any credible evidence towards Shakespeare writing the bible, but I have always found that amazing.

And yes, the tradition of Moses composing all of the first books is still being clung to like many of the traditionalists would love to have fed to its believers.

Sad to see so many conspiracies linked to a sincere post. One based upon historical research, theology, and actual evidence. Oh well, back to being tired.

The most interesting and possible theory out there now is that all of the following,

Adam
Noah
Shem, Ham & Japheth
Shem
Terah
Isaac
Ishmael, through Isaac
Jacob
Esau, through Jacob
Jacob’s 12 sons

Wrote Genesis. Tablets that have been found are divided differently from the Chapters in the Bible. The lasdt verse on the tablet, indicating who the author was. In our Bible, they tend to find there way as the 1st verse of the next Chapter. This would indicate that originally the verse on the tablet belonged with the preceding writing on the tablet, not the next chapter as our Bible today has it. This possibly indicates who wrote each section.

But, since clearly anything short of Moses is to be lumped with a conspiracy theory, I will go back to being tired.

Man you take things wayyyyyyyyy to seriously. I guess I should have added a :wink: so you knew it was tongue in cheek!

paxetaurora said:
The theory states that Shakespeare is merely responsible for portions of the King James translation, not the actual, total Bible itself. ;)

Hiya paxetaurora,

Yes thats the one! At any rate I was making a joke... but yeh it was that Shakespeare had a hand in the translation and made little references to himself throughout, not that he wrote it. eek sorry...

Take care,

Carrie

Hiya BVS,

Ok....

I have not ignored your post BVS. I am pointing out that you said you can not trusts man's translation yet you are basing your logical conclusions on the same Bible that I am trusting is correct, the same Bible that man translated. That is not twisting your words. That is point out it doesn't make sense to me. Sorry you see it as such.

Why would I state anything about it being societal law. It was given to the Hebrews so that they could know the nature of God. It was holy and they were to adhere to it. Jesus fullfilled that law. Paul (whom you do not think credible) went on to explain that because Jesus fullfilled the law, we are no longer bound by it but it is in Christ that we have freedom and by the Holy Spirit we have guidance.

Not a problem on posting the statistics. I think links would be better seeing as how I am so long winded anyway... if I pasted the findings it would just take up more space than I already do...
this is a different one than I had previously mentioned.... http://brileyh.home.comcast.net/morals/barnsurv.htm

The one for teens polled for whatever reason isn't coming up. The poll was called The Spiritual Pulse of Teens. I got a copy of it from my Sunday School teacher. I found it the link the other day and it was working fine but it isn't today. Maybe you can just google or yahoo that pharse and have more success. The results are quite daunting.

As far as Southern Baptist go... I agree they are relativistic on things. I mean for instance, they do not think tongues is a gift available to believers today. I do, not that I have that gift, but I do not discount it and say it was just a "sign gift". I am pretty sure you know what I mean here?

Anyway, when I speak of relativism I am speaking in terms of things that the Bible says clearly are not acceptable yet churches go against it. I mean, I wish women could pastor churches, personally I don't see why they shouldn't but because of what I have read in Scripture I can not say its ok.

And to finish off about Baptist.... You know why Baptist don't have sex standing up?
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

They don't want people to think they are danicng.

Take care,

Carrie

Last edited:
thacraic said:

I have not ignored your post BVS. I am pointing out that you said you can not trusts man's translation yet you are basing your logical conclusions on the same Bible that I am trusting is correct, the same Bible that man translated. That is not twisting your words. That is point out it doesn't make sense to me. Sorry you see it as such.
When saying the translation you have may not be perfect due to man's translations is far from me saying don't trust anything translated by man. I'm sorry if you don't see the gray in the situation. Calling something not the absolute truth doesn't mean is absolute lie. Nothing written, translated, made or created by man is flawless even if it flawless model.
thacraic said:

Why would I state anything about it being societal law. It was given to the Hebrews so that they could know the nature of God. It was holy and they were to adhere to it. Jesus fullfilled that law. Paul (whom you do not think credible) went on to explain that because Jesus fullfilled the law, we are no longer bound by it but it is in Christ that we have freedom and by the Holy Spirit we have guidance.
So if the law changed does that mean God changed? Why would shellfish be an abomination, but then all of sudden not be?
Plus once again you're twisting my words. Never did I say Paul not credible only human, and may have placed his own beliefs along side his teachings. Humans do it all the time why would Paul be different?
thacraic said:

Not a problem on posting the statistics. I think links would be better seeing as how I am so long winded anyway... if I pasted the findings it would just take up more space than I already do...
this is a different one than I had previously mentioned.... http://brileyh.home.comcast.net/morals/barnsurv.htm

The one for teens polled for whatever reason isn't coming up. The poll was called The Spiritual Pulse of Teens. I got a copy of it from my Sunday School teacher. I found it the link the other day and it was working fine but it isn't today. Maybe you can just google or yahoo that pharse and have more success. The results are quite daunting.
Read the poll, don't find it very credible. The poll, given the intro, sounded like it had an agenda from the beginning. How the questions were worded weren't shown so how they really got the results is questionable. I did a search for "The Spiritual Pulse of Teens" found two links, but it seems like it was removed from both.

thacraic said:

As far as Southern Baptist go... I agree they are relativistic on things...

And to finish off about Baptist.... You know why Baptist don't have sex standing up?

They don't want people to think they are danicng.

:lol:

Back
Top Bottom