Regarding Violence During Rammadhan...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Bama

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Much debate has transpired in this forum regarding the propriety of U.S./Allied attacks on Afghanistan during the Islamic holy month of Rammadhan.

Lately, I have found Plaestianian Authority leader Yasser Arafat to be more reasonable than Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon, but now Arafat is not doing anything to arrest the assasins of an Israeli cabinet member back in November. I found this from the AP and FoxNews.com today and found it particularly disappointing of Mr. Arafat:

Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat, meanwhile, sent a message to Arab and Muslim leaders asking them to support the Palestinians' uprising against Israel during the Muslim holy month of Ramadan, which begins later this week.

So, it IS okay for Muslims to attack during Rammadhan? As long as no other group attacks any of them, I guess.

ALSO, if I heard correctly, former South African President Nelson Mandela is encouraging U.S. President bush NOT to let up on the attacks during Rammadhan, that the U.S. should indeed persist in its war on terrorism. Any thoughts on this?

~U2Alabama

[This message has been edited by U2Bama (edited 11-12-2001).]

For an average peace-loving Muslim, I guess war during Ramadhan would be deplorable, but imho this is a different kind of Muslim we're dealing with here. Who knows what kind of twisted Islam they follow... maybe they think killing in the name of Allah will make Ramadhan all the more holy? Argh what a freaky thought, forget it.

foray

foray:

If you are talking about The Osama and the Taliban and their fanatical little drones, then, yes, this IS a different kind of Muslim we're dealing with; but I was most surprised to hear it from Yasser Arafat. Yes, he is not seen in the best light by Israel, but I think he has usually sought an independent Palestinian state alongside Israel, not instead of Israel, and he has recently attempted to distance himself from Hamas and Hezbollah. But it sounds now like he is calling for violence against Israel during Rammadhan.

~U2Alabama

Originally posted by U2Bama:
...but I was most surprised to hear it from Yasser Arafat. Yes, he is not seen in the best light by Israel, but I think he has usually sought an independent Palestinian state alongside Israel, not instead of Israel, and he has recently attempted to distance himself from Hamas and Hezbollah. But it sounds now like he is calling for violence against Israel during Rammadhan.

~U2Alabama

Personally, I think Arafat says/does whatever is in his best interest for the time being...and usually what he says isn't even the truth. So basically, unless you're him...there's no way in hell to know what he's scheming.

------------------
The numeral 7

Good point Bama and I have an opinion:

Sept 11 is a holiday, and it is part of a holy month. Why? Because everyday is a holy day and a holiday in a country that reads "in GOD we trust".

They didn't bother taking THAT into consideration for us, so I say F*CK EM!

------------------
Proud to be an INFIDEL

I think Arafat has done more positive things then Sharon........ Well, I know...All i know about Sharon is that he is an ex-terrorist...... He has no respect for Islam, and thats it...... My question is, what good has Sharon done? (I'm really curious)
Peace on Earth
Amna

Originally posted by z edge:
Good point Bama and I have an opinion:

Sept 11 is a holiday, and it is part of a holy month. Why? Because everyday is a holy day and a holiday in a country that reads "in GOD we trust".

They didn't bother taking THAT into consideration for us, so I say F*CK EM!

All these 'easily read' as radical statements, they just seem so outlandish.. even when I write them, but Zedge and all the others of us who have been writing them.. Well... We're right.. After you strip down all the diplomatic language of bush.. chaney et al.. The bottom line is .. to the taliban, al queda.. and other terrorist groups who are mos defly on bush's list after afghanistan.. or.. even possibly during this stage of the war, the other terrorist nations or groups.. What bush is saying is ... to quote mr. zedge.. is ..F#ck em.. Cuz they sure as hell fucked us .. and god forgive them.. we're coming back to f#cK them ......without a condom..

Originally posted by Amna:
I think Arafat has done more positive things then Sharon........ Well, I know...All i know about Sharon is that he is an ex-terrorist......

Many would also say that Yasser Arafat, in his younger days, was a terrorist as well. But for what it's worth, Arafat does seem to me more sincere about resolving the conflict peacefully than does Sharon.

Colin Powell issued some terse, bilateral directives to both of them this weekend. I would suggest that both of them heed his advice.

~U2Alabama

Is this about ?they did it so we can do it!? or ?It is not good, It is inmoral, so, dont do it? ?

As far as I know, Muslims can defend themselves even during Ramadam (I dont know the spell in English), even in the Mekka (I dont know the spell in English). But they cannot attack not even in any other part of the year or the world. (Check the Koran, Sura II (I dont know the spell in English), I think). So this may give you and idea of what kind of Muslims these ppl are.

Peace ppl, we are in Ramadam!

------------------
Patti
-Pride Girl-

[This message has been edited by Patti Jones (edited 11-19-2001).]

Originally posted by Patti Jones:
Is this about ?they did it so we can do it!? or ?It is not good, It is inmoral, so, dont do it? ?

As far as I know, Muslims can defend themselves even during Ramadam (I dont know the spell in English), even in the Mekka (I dont know the spell in English). But they cannot attack not even in any other part of the year or the world. (Check the Koran, Sura II (I dont know the spell in English), I think). So this may give you and idea of what kind of Muslims these ppl are.

Peace ppl, we are in Ramadam!

------------------
Patti
-Pride Girl-

Ramadhan does not allowe any of such violence... Whether it be from the muslim side or whatever side....... Their is know such thing as a "certain Islam" that allows that.... But i have to admit, I don't know what the hell goes through the minds of these fundamentalists.... Though, There should be other ways of going about getting terrorists other then bombing...... Don't u think?

Originally posted by Patti Jones:

No; in fact, my reason for posting this was not as much for justifying U.S. military action as it was for seeking clarification in Arafat's call for action against Israel during Ramadham.

Thanks for the info.

Did anyone notice last week when former South African President Nelson Mandela was meeting with President Bush and said that the U.S. should continue the War on Terror?

~U2Alabama

[This message has been edited by U2Bama (edited 11-21-2001).]

Although I'm a little tense about us not only attacking them during Ramadan, but stepping up the bombings, I want to see the taliban demolished ASAP. The only thing though is that Osama and every other taliban/al qaeda leader is telling america to watch its back-a warning we have heard before and ignored. I'm just a little scared for Christmas...

------------------
Go lightly down your darkened way.

Back
Top Bottom