Red Cross tells US-led coalition: Charge Saddam or let him go

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Popmartijn

Blue Crack Supplier
From the Boston Globe:
http://www.boston.com/dailynews/166/world/Red_Cross_spokeswoman_says_Sad:.shtml

Red Cross spokeswoman says Saddam must be formally charged

By Associated Press, 6/14/2004 10:21

BAGHDAD, Iraq (AP) Coalition authorities must file charges against Saddam Hussein or let him go when sovereignty is transferred to the Iraqi government June 30, the spokeswoman for the International Committee of the Red Cross said Monday.

Under international and military law, prisoners of war and civilian internees should be released at the end of the conflict and occupation, unless there are charges against them, said the spokeswoman, Nada Doumani.

Saddam's case is comparable to that of any other prisoner of war a status conferred on him by the detaining authorities, she said.

So, what's everyones opinion about this? My question is what charges they're going to bring to Saddam (as he will not be let go, so I assume they're going to bring charges to him). What can the US bring forth against this man so that he will be locked up until the end of his days?

C ya!

Marty

The latest I heard was the Interim Gov't announced they will charge him.

I'm sure they can come up with enough documentation of murder to keep him locked away forever.

Scarletwine said:
The latest I heard was the Interim Gov't announced they will charge him.

I'm sure they can come up with enough documentation of murder to keep him locked away forever.

And that's who should do it.

What if they hand him over, and the ppl who come to power put him back in office?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom