Really, Really, Really Crafty Jews

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

A_Wanderer

ONE love, blood, life
They mastered time travel
At a meeting aimed at assessing the progress and work of the Security Council's three anti-terror committees, Israel's UN Ambassador Dan Gillerman said that World War III had already begun and urged the former Allied forces from World War to act against the axis of terror, consisting of Iran, Syria, Hamas and Hizbullah.

He called the four entities the "greatest state sponsor of terrorism and the largest threat to international peace and security."

Gillerman also lashed out at the oft-repeated argument by Iran and many Arab states that a distinction must be made between terrorism and armed resistance movements - namely the Palestinians' fight against the Jewish state.

The ambassador said Israel has "an intimate awareness of the need to fight international terrorism," and stressed that there can be no justification for terrorism.

Syria responded that Israel was the one precipitating a third world war, saying that "If we examine the matter, we will find that Israel was behind the eruption of both World War I and World II."
link

So maybe Einstein really did finish his unified field theory :wink:

Last edited:
Sounds like how Republicans blame homosexuals for everything.

Gotta love anti-Semitic stereotypes, particularly when they remanifest themselves elsewhere.

Melon

Let's just say I get really irritated how "tolerant" and "enlightened" the U.S. tries to masquerade itself around the world, merely because it says it is and has the military power to shut everyone up.

And as irritating and stupid as most Muslim nations are, good luck trying to change their minds. It seems about as futile as trying to change minds here.

Since we're going to throw out sayings, there's a good one:

"Charity begins at home."

That is, before the West tries to create a new hypermodernist New World Order, maybe they should get some practice domestically first; because they certainly aren't doing a good job in their home nations. So why do they think they're going to succeed in foreign nations?

Melon

This article contained all of no USA, gay rights or any censure against these states. Frankly I think that unlimited sexual freedoms and marriage rights are the most bloody unGodly thing that a nation can do - and as such I have to support them even without the issues of liberty that I agree with. Your attack hits at the US Republican party for pursuing two goals one domestic and one international (although as we have seen the Bush admin has a terrific failure to acknowledge or condemn the horrible punishments inflicted upon gays in most any Muslim country). You are dead on to hit them over this, Bush always speaks of Islam as a religion of peace; what chance is there of Christian Conservatives opposing completely and utterly an ideology that they to some extent agree with? Now what about liberal hawks who support both goals - a free world and greater sexual freedoms?

Islam (through theology, history and modern politics) has given rise to an existential threat (believers who are willing to kill as many unbelievers as they can to build a unified Islamic state) that will not be pacified through retreat and isolationism. If power is consolidated in the hands of the Muslim dominionists and a new power bloc emerges then the ends will probably be global murder (the faith based mind has less of a problem with mutually assured destruction, they seem to enjoy the idea of the righteous entering paradise and the wicked all experiencing firey death ~ for source please check Ahmadinejad speeches over the last year).

Democracy is the only check against this, dictators and petrodollars obviously haven't weakened the support for Islamism, supporting freedom in the Middle East, something that moderates political discourse and empowers people is the only real course of action, one that may be far too little far too late.

Last edited:
A_Wanderer said:
They mastered time travellink

So maybe Einstein really did finish his unified field theory :wink:

Let's see how long THIS one takes to be blamed on Bush

melon said:
Sounds like how Republicans blame homosexuals for everything.

Gotta love anti-Semitic stereotypes, particularly when they remanifest themselves elsewhere.

Melon

OK, who had "the very next post" ? A new record.

Um, you didn't know that he spends his days solving highly advanced theoretical physics problems?

What exactly do you think he does every day :wink:

A_Wanderer said:
This article contained all of no USA, gay rights or any censure against these states. Frankly I think that unlimited sexual freedoms and marriage rights are the most bloody unGodly thing that a nation can do - and as such I have to support them even without the issues of liberty that I agree with. Your attack hits at the US Republican party for pursuing two goals one domestic and one international (although as we have seen the Bush admin has a terrific failure to acknowledge or condemn the horrible punishments inflicted upon gays in most any Muslim country). You are dead on to hit them over this, Bush always speaks of Islam as a religion of peace; what chance is there of Christian Conservatives opposing completely and utterly an ideology that they to some extent agree with? Now what about liberal hawks who support both goals - a free world and greater sexual freedoms?

I said what I said, because the U.S. approach to foreign policy is, essentially, a broken record of ineffectiveness beyond military might. And I blame this, due to a complete lack of cultural understanding--something that they not only fail at abroad, but also at home.

So, basically, if the U.S. predictably condemns that Syrian statement (which is undoubtedly bigoted nonsense), it will, simultaneously, be hollow rhetoric from a nation that, rather unknowingly, has been using old anti-Semitic stereotypes against homosexuals (i.e., dangerous to children, diseased, materalistic, etc. Hell, the "gay mafia" might as well come out of the pages of the "Protocols of Zion."). Just as Syria scapegoats Jews for all of its societal problems, the U.S. scapegoats homosexuals for all of its societal problems.

As such, if we are to demonize Syria for anti-Semitism, the U.S. should be demonized for homophobia. Period.

Islam (through theology, history and modern politics) has given rise to an existential threat (believers who are willing to kill as many unbelievers as they can to build a unified Islamic state) that will not be pacified through retreat and isolationism. If power is consolidated in the hands of the Muslim dominionists and a new power bloc emerges then the ends will probably be global murder (the faith based mind has less of a problem with mutually assured destruction, they seem to enjoy the idea of the righteous entering paradise and the wicked all experiencing firey death ~ for source please check Ahmadinejad speeches over the last year).

Democracy is the only check against this, dictators and petrodollars obviously haven't weakened the support for Islamism, supporting freedom in the Middle East, something that moderates political discourse and empowers people is the only real course of action, one that may be far too little far too late.

You want to know what I really think? "Democracy" is a toothless phrase that is as meaningless as when Bush says "freedom." By definition, Iran already is a democracy. Ahmadinejad is an elected official, and there's no reason to believe that his presidency is due to electoral fraud. That's more than you can say about Egypt's election.

What you really want is a Western-friendly capitalist nation-state that just happens to be democratically elected. If you want that, merely deposing the dictator isn't going to bring that on. If you don't have a strongman threatening to kill the entire population, then the power rests in the tribal leaders and clerics. Iraq's "elected government" was elected almost strictly on sectarian lines and the candidates who won had the blessing of the clerics. Essentially, how is that different than Iran? Because Iran is a little more blatant with its theocracy than Iraq and Afghanistan's new "elected governments"? Lest we forget, both nations' constitutions, essentially, enshrine Sharia law without actually saying it.

If you want a European-style nation-state, the Middle East is, essentially, going to have to undergo the same transformation that medieval Europe went through: centuries of wars where the stronger tribes conquered the weaker ones. Then, with centuries of strong-arm tactics and forced religious conversions, you'll have erased any trace of former tribal loyalties. Essentially, it's exactly what Ann Coulter, rather inelegantly, advocated after 9/11.

Probably anything short of that is going to be nothing more than a feel-good song-and-dance.

Melon

Re: Re: Really, Really, Really Crafty Jews

toscano said:
Let's see how long THIS one takes to be blamed on Bush

Rabble, rabble, rabble. If I had a dime every time someone said this line...

Melon

You want to know what I really think? "Democracy" is a toothless phrase that is as meaningless as when Bush says "freedom." By definition, Iran already is a democracy. Ahmadinejad is an elected official, and there's no reason to believe that his presidency is due to electoral fraud. That's more than you can say about Egypt's election.
This makes perfect sense when having the religious authorities veto over a thousand potential candidates in the country is the equivalent of the political litmus test in the US.

A_Wanderer said:
This makes perfect sense when having the religious authorities veto over a thousand potential candidates in the country is the equivalent of the political litmus test in the US.

Palestine elected Hamas, for God's sake. Likewise, I don't think Iran is going to elect an Iranian Thomas Jefferson, with or without religious vetoes.

Melon

Hamas is a great illustration, they were the only choice for a people sick of the corrupt gang that was running it before, same for the Muslim Brotherhood getting such a strong showing in Egypt. In an ideal world more moderate parties could garner more of the votes, but if the choice is between stagnant cronies and revolutionaries you only get the extremes.

Back
Top Bottom