Read the Message to our readers.....and post in support of Angie and Salome

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreadsox

ONE love, blood, life
I am sorry but we as members of the forum have lost two of our MODS, Angela Harlem and Salome.

As MODS they have been as fair and balanced as any I have encountered when I worked for AOL or on any message board.

If you follow the link from Elvis' MESSAGE at the top of the forum. You can see that something smells rotten in here.

If I suddenly disappear from the forum, this thread is why. Peace to all....

Dreadsox said:

If I suddenly disappear from the forum, this thread is why. Peace to all....

But I thought you were already gone, dear... :)

I have already spoken my mind regarding the matter, and I said that there are things and people here that make me very uneasy.

I've always enjoyed reading Angie and Salome's posts. They've been wonderful assets to us here, particularly at FYM, and this whole thing is very sad indeed. I hope they both know they're very much appreciated.

The things I do to avoid work... I read that entire thread. I'm with joyfulgirl, a tea would be nice at this point.

Looking at the big picture, this shouldn't be about joining camps, Salomangela or Elvis &co, leaving or not leaving, etc. You know you're gonna come back and check some posts. Just help yourself get smarter. If I weren't here back when the hoax was pulled the 1st time, I might have believed this one. So, I'm fortunate. Anyway... U2 is bigger than this. Their causes are bigger than U2. Get your money back, get smarter. Ok. Peace,

foray

xtal, it's a long story. I suggest you read the thread that dreadsox is referring to.

Angie and salome, you know I support you! :up:

I noticed your sig Dread - and I hope they'll be invited back - but after all that has transpired, I'm not sure either would come back as mods, even if they were *paid* positions...

I most definitely hope you are staying in FYM, Dreadsox. But surely, you will want to decide that yourself.

I think BLS is right--in fact, I know she is--but at the same time, it can't hurt to drop Ange and Salome a word of support. :up:

I 100% agree with dreadsox.
When i'll be banned you can reach me via e-mail (see bottomline of my pseudo signature) or maybe at http://forum.atu2.com/)

Klaus
Angie and Salome have been fired UNJUSTLY from Interference. I strongly URGE you to email Joel, owner of this website and ask him to bring back CREDIBILITY to INTERFERENCE by hiring them back and publicly apologizing for humiliating them.

u2@extrema.de

I've read the thread...but I'm sorry I still don't understand what exactly happened with those two...if someone wants to explain here or email me about it I'd appreciate it. Not drawing a line in the sand, I just want to understand.

Angie and Salome were two of the reasons I stopped being a lurker and decided to start posting way back when. They were excellent mods and I'm glad they're still posting here and there. :up:

I have followed it and from what I can tell it seems to be a very messy and since patched up situation - a tale of post removal and bannings and more than a few unkind words - I am sure that others can fill you in but really it will only make you feel bad, there has been enough blame thrown around in the other threads, this should be a plea for reconciliation even though many of these wounds won't heal.

:heart:

I'm not going to suck up to them even more. I'm still not over last weekend.

Ja!

:bow:

And starsgoblue, what exactly happened to them is indeed a bit messy, as A_Wanderer correctly states. It has to do with Edgegate, some questions by an admin that was a bit too personal for this public forum and I guess the general situation of being a bit more independent around here.
As said before, you don't want to know the specifics as it will not look good on this blue. The 'Message To Our Readers' (Inside Broadcast), 'Interference: Plebiscate' (Don't Expect Suggest) and 'Interference Magic Couple' (Lemonade Stand) threads will give you a clue of the situation.

C ya!

Marty

starsgoblue said:
I've read the thread...but I'm sorry I still don't understand what exactly happened with those two...if someone wants to explain here or email me about it I'd appreciate it. Not drawing a line in the sand, I just want to understand.

I was a little late on the story myself, but from what I understand, when "The Edge" started posting on here a couple of weeks ago, he was advertised as "officially the real thing" by the staff on this board, and we were basically told that yes, this IS the edge from u2. So of course this place goes nuts and everyone was posting to the edge, and "he" actually responded to several posts. most people (including myself) bought it and thought "gee, isn't this place terrific; the edge actually is on here posting".
appartently a couple of people (salome and angela) questioned elvis about the validity of this person, and were basically told to shut up. there was a question about why the posters' IP address was in chicago, but that went ignored. also, there was never any real proof that it was indeed the edge. so as some people argued with elvis, they got banned.
turns out that the poster was in fact NOT the edge, and a whole lot of people here became extremley angry, for a number of reasons: people accussed elvis of pulling this stunt on purpose to get more premium memberships, or to get people to vote for this site as the best, or basically just stringing people along without any kind of effort to really verify who this person was.
in the end, those 2 mods are fired, many people have left this place over it, and there's been no real explanation as to exactly how someone could impersonate the edge and get away with it.

this is the way I understand it; perhaps I'm missing some details.

and since I hadn't commented on it before, I'll comment now: how an organization like this that prides itself on integrity and keeping watch on posts so that nothing offensive or rude or dishonest or whatever ever gets posted, I find it incrdible that this person was billed as the edge without 100% positive ID. and was so for several days. and this place is constantly asking for money too.
I'll keep coming here, because in the end I still enjoy most people here and find most up-to-date info on u2 here. I'm forgeting about the incident. alot of people here were close to salome and angela and probably will not want to forget about it.

2cents.
JOFO

A_Wanderer said:
I have followed it and from what I can tell it seems to be a very messy and since patched up situation - a tale of post removal and bannings and more than a few unkind words - I am sure that others can fill you in but really it will only make you feel bad, there has been enough blame thrown around in the other threads, this should be a plea for reconciliation even though many of these wounds won't heal.

:heart:

I'm all for reconciliation here....good point A_Wan

I also wholeheartedly support Ang & Salome. They were excellent, friendly mods who were always fair and just, Ja!

I know I can't speak for them, but I doubt very much that Anna or Johan will be coming back as mods, and that there will be a 'reconciliation'. Too much backstabbing and history is there for that to happen.

PS Anna you can get the first round in.....

I've been silent on this because much of what needed to be said, has been. I'm not going anywhere, after some though on the matter. Elvis Behaving Badly doesn't mean I should be deprived of the rest of you all. :) That may change in the next few weeks based on how things play out and what choices the admin (which does NOT include all of our terrific mods) makes.

Angie, Salome, you were done wrong just for being right! :up: to Klaus's sig. :up: to Dread's post.

And those are my first, last and only words on the matter.

SD

What a disheartening situation. What a sad thing that has transpired - at the expense of so many peoples' emotions involved.

It's also great to see such support of these 2 great women, count me in as being another pulling for them. I think they did a great job and it is clear they had the fans' best interests at heart.

adam's_mistress said:
What a disheartening situation. What a sad thing that has transpired - at the expense of so many peoples' emotions involved.

It's also great to see such support of these 2 great women, count me in as being another pulling for them. I think they did a great job and it is clear they had the fans' best interests at heart.

If you just change the '2 great women' part of that post to 'great woman and great bloke' then I agree with all of your post

:wink:

Yep, I just realized my mistake... Sorry for the gender bending!! The only thing I can offer is that I haven't had my full caffeine intake, and couple that with being an early morning moron. Well, you know. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom