Read the Message to our readers.....and post in support of Angie and Salome

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
MissMaCo
A verry special thank you to you ;)

Sherry Darling
My sig is just copied from Dreads sig - so all the credit belongs to him :)

Most has bin said on the mentioned threads. I'm rethinking my non-premium membership here for one reason.
It's hard for me to trust Elvis & Co anymore and i don't want to support a site (even if i'm not one of the 30 new premium members per month) with my articles.
Many of you long-time FYMers might remember that one of my articles (something with beLIEve in the subject) spread from this closed forum to googlenews or yahoonews (can't remember for sure and i don't have the search button - if one of your premium members could help out here..) and Elvis accnowledged that he leaked/sold the "news".
So simply by writing we support this site (it would be nothing without us) and i'm unsure if i want to continue doing this.
Maybee i'm writing an article about all this here:
http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=99316&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

Klaus

Angie and Salome have been fired UNJUSTLY from Interference. I strongly URGE you to email Joel, owner of this website and ask him to bring back CREDIBILITY to INTERFERENCE by hiring them back and publicly apologizing for humiliating them.

u2@extrema.de

Look, while I understand some of you may be mad, Elvis isn't the reason I post on Interference. I post because of the community. So we've had a big bump in the road, so things weren't as they appeared. How does this change our intelligent, albeit heated, discussions in this forum? How does this change the fact that I like reading posts from all of you regardless of whether I agree with them or not?

Ok, Angela and Salome are missed, even I will admit that, but we are still a community without them, we still have ideas to share and issues to debate. We have two weeks before the U.S. election, we potentially have an "October surprise", we have a nailbiter of a vote. I understand some of you are mad and may decide to no longer post here, but we've already lost two members and I would hate to lose more of you because of this.

sharky said:
Look, while I understand some of you may be mad, Elvis isn't the reason I post on Interference. I post because of the community. So we've had a big bump in the road, so things weren't as they appeared. How does this change our intelligent, albeit heated, discussions in this forum? How does this change the fact that I like reading posts from all of you regardless of whether I agree with them or not?

Ok, Angela and Salome are missed, even I will admit that, but we are still a community without them, we still have ideas to share and issues to debate. We have two weeks before the U.S. election, we potentially have an "October surprise", we have a nailbiter of a vote. I understand some of you are mad and may decide to no longer post here, but we've already lost two members and I would hate to lose more of you because of this.
What Sharky said:up:

I never said I would not post here.....I have needed vacations.....

as a community when we see part of the community not being treated appropriately, or we are not ourselves being treated appropriately, then we should speak up.

Peace

bonosloveslave said:
I noticed your sig Dread - and I hope they'll be invited back - but after all that has transpired, I'm not sure either would come back as mods, even if they were *paid* positions...

I agree.

What happened to them was downright shameful but after everything that's been said and done, I don't think either one of them will ever come back as mods. I know I wouldn't if I was in their shoes.

There have been times I didn't agree with what was going on here and said so in the appropriate forum. I have had some major disagreements with Elvis. But I could never leave this forum. Hell, a month ago I thought I needed a break from FYM and damn if I wasn't posting again two days later. It's the people in this forum that keep me here. I will keep my premium membership and stuff. I am sorry about the recent events, it's a shame we lost some people. It's always unfortunate when we lose people. I don't know what's going on behind the scenes. But we've got a close election coming up and stuff. It's an exciting time to be following politics, even if I am rather annoyed that some people are so manic about this election. And I don't plan to stop anytime soon.

Last edited:
I fully support Anna and Salome (who btw, I think should officially change his real name to Salome. It just fits, y'know? ;)). They have always been and continue to be voices of reason here, and though it'd be nice to have things go back to the way they were, it won't happen and I only happen that we finally get some honesty and details out of certain admins and put this all behind us.

:up: Angie & Salome :up:

I'm not totally informed on the subject so I'll not comment on that. I never really had the pleasure of talking with the two people in question. But Angie and Salome are obviously very well respected around here by my fellow interferencers and that is good enough for me to throw my support behind them. At least, if they were fired, an explaination should be expected by us and provided by the people responsible.

I've only been posting here for two months or so, I don't have any kind long-term knowledge of the history of this place, though I reckon this happened recently - can somebody fill me in on basically what this is all about? If it would better done privately you can e-mail me Jrasruck2@aol.com . Can't PM, not a premium member.

Angie and Salome have been fired UNJUSTLY from Interference. I strongly URGE you to email Joel, owner of this website and ask him to bring back CREDIBILITY to INTERFERENCE by hiring them back and publicly apologizing for humiliating them.

First, this is a spinoff thread x2.

Second, there were reasons which I have already addressed of why both were removed as mods.

Third, the credibility of this site did not solely rest on these two people. Saying this really gives no credit to the rest of the admin/mod team and is simply not warranted.

Fourth, I have publicly apologized, more than once I believe.

As always, I welcome email or PMs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom