Random Movie chat/gripes/etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Johnny Swallow

Bad Daddy Johnny
I just got a new surround sound system to go with my DVD so I thought I'd start a thread about films, random just whatever comes to mind.

Why in the world is there not a widescreen version of Citizen Kane on DVD???? I mean really, The Fast and the Furious gets 6 hours of extra features and the most influential movie of all-time gets the shaft. Makes no sense to me.

Why isn't there a Raiders of the Lost Ark DVD? Another great movie that I want but it's not out.

Why doesn't the Pulp Fiction DVD have any special features? It freakin deserves it, I haven't heard that Taruntino(sp?) is doing anything else, make a DVD with all the goodies.

The Lord of The Rings DVD I heard is coming out in August, that should be sweet. I may just have to read the books to know how it ends before the next two come out.

My Favorite movie used to be Braveheart, as time goes on I seem to not think that it's such a great movie. Well, maybe it's just that I don't like the movies that Mel has been doing for the past long while. And I've become a bit more critical of films as well. Maybe I just don't connect with it on the same emotional level as I used to.

Tom Hanks has an amazing ability to make simple characters seem so human and accessable. And I don't mean Forrest Gump, it's a good movie but not one of my favorite Hanks' movies.

at least you have a DVD player. I just don't watch enough movies to justify getting one. Of course, that means I have to buy the Elevation VHS tape. Lame.

[Johnny-- I think I'm stalking you from forum to forum. sorry.]

Speaking of Stalkers...the remake of Cape Fear is such a freaky movie. I saw that too much as a kid. I haven't watched it in years but for some reason it keeps coming up in my memories lately, just messing with my mind or something.

Back
Top Bottom