Rally for peace - anyone go?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PopTart Pamela

Acrobat
Blue Mountains, west of Sydney, Australia
My husband and I caught thr PEACE TRAIN from the Blue Mountains to Sydney to attend a rally and march against war in Iraq. It was the first time for my husband, but I am a veteran of such events. However even I was not prepared for the size and intesity of what I saw - probably about 300.000 were there from all walks of life. I was moved to tears at times.
Pray God a peaceful solution will be found!
Anyone else march for peace this weekend?

Pamela

PopTart said:

Anyone else march for peace this weekend?

Pamela

I was at the London march - TWO MILLION people!!
One of the most amazing experiences of my life. And if Tony Blair doesn't listen to the voices of two million people then there's something seriously wrong with this "democracy" we live in.

hello pamela

Hub and I joined our local effort. We gathered on the beach and formed the words NO WAR. An aerial photos should appear in today's newspaper hopefully. Our crowd (small by comparison, scarily small) was rather subdued.It is such an awful prospect.
The group of women who we sat with, were so old, their little old legs just made it along the sand and then they had to be helped up after the photo was taken. They have lived through war, they know.
I also watched a young dad unload his daughter and her wheelchair from their old car and make the journey along the sand. It took them extra effort, but they did it. Where was everyone else? It's a free world I suppose?
I thought it was a nice touch, that the organisers were handing out bottles of water. it was quite a hot day. A news helicopter went over too. I can't imagine what it must be like to have seemingly endless streams of B52's dropping bombs on old people and children.
I just hope we can always have that freedom of expression.
PEACE.

Back
Top Bottom