R.I.P. William F. Buckley Jr

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

diamond

ONE love, blood, life
Story here:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/27/b...click&WT.mc_id=BI-S-E-GG-NA-S-william_buckley

The ultimate conservative loved by ppl on the left and right passes on.

william%20f.%20buckley.jpg

He tutored Reagan and was one of the most respected minds in conservative circles.

RIP.

<>

Dalton said:
He's also Jeff Buckley's father.

Uh, not. :eyebrow:

When I first moved to NYC, apparently I was given WFB's old phone number because I used to get calls for him all the time, from people like G. Gordon Liddy. That's my WFB story.

RIP.

joyfulgirl said:

Uh, not. :eyebrow:

When I first moved to NYC, apparently I was given WFB's old phone number because I used to get calls for him all the time, from people like G. Gordon Liddy. That's my WFB story.

RIP.

You're oddly connected to two famous Buckley's :ohmy:

Eerie...

BonoVoxSupastar said:

You're oddly connected to two famous Buckley's :ohmy:

Eerie...

There's a third. Betty, the singer/actress. Long story, but she offered me a job once when I happened to meet her when she was doing "Sunset Boulevard" on Broadway. I know, it's very very weird. Three unrelated Buckleys, and me. :|

While I am a hardcore, hardcore liberal I was always interested in what Buckley had to say. He was at least civil in his discourse. He also was a huge critic of Bush, and really the whole devolution of the Neo-Con movement.

There's a nice retropective from Charlie Rose last year if you'd like to hear some of his thoughts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Har3ByGiCI

For the record, his son is Christopher Buckley, the best-selling author of Thank You For Smoking and Little Green Men (both hilarious books).

"Remember that a government big enough to give you everything you want is also big enough to take away everything you have.”

~Barry Goldwater

Much thanks WFB for your fight against big government
and your defense of personal liberty.

"I keep my eyes wide open all the time."

~Johnny Cash

Back
Top Bottom