Question for Canadians: Which Party??!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which Party would you join?

• Bloc Québécois

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Canadian Action Party

• Christian Heritage Party

• Communist Party

• Conservative Party

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Green Party

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Liberal Party

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Libertarian Party

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Marijuana Party

• Marxist-Leninist Party

• New Democratic Party

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Progressive Canadian Party

• I'm not Canadian

Votes: 6 37.5%

• Total voters

DaveC

Blue Crack Addict
This question is basically only for Canadians.

The question is this. If you have a Federal Party affiliation, which Party is it for? And if you don't have one, which one would you choose if you absolutely HAD to join a party?

I'm curious.

At this point, I don't have an affiliation. I'm definitely a leftist, but the Liberals are to scandal-filled, and they're moving a little too far towards the right for me. The NDP is a definite possibility, but I really don't like the leader, Jack Layton, mainly because he wants to withdraw the Clarity Act, and that would just rip Canada apart. The Greens are my most viable choice, but only if there was proportional representation. With the current first-past-the-post system, they're likely to never get a seat, unfortunately. Hopefully with this minority government the NDP can force prop-rep on the Liberals.

Anyways, my choice is the Greens for now. Their and my issues agree on many points. But as soon as Jack Layton is gone, sign my ass up for the NDP.

Go communist or marxist leninist because if your going to lean in a particular way then lean really hard.

Well, I picked Liberal because that's the way it has always been around my house. The scandals bother me and I'm not absolutely wild about Paul Martin, but I still prefer the Liberal party over the others. The NDP is a close second, but they really need to get rid of Jack Layton.

I'd go for the Marijuana Party because...well, honestly, what good is a party without it. :D

I'd rather have the NDP in power instead of the Liberals....and I don't even like the NDP.

I'd vote for the Libertarian Party; I didn't even know one exists in Canada, but if it does exist for true libertarian principles then I'd vote for it.

DaveC said:

Anyways, my choice is the Greens for now. Their and my issues agree on many points. But as soon as Jack Layton is gone, sign my ass up for the NDP.

My thoughts exactly. I'm all for the NDP, but Jack Layton makes my skin crawl. So, I ended up voting for my local Green Party candidate. It was the only choice that didn't make me feel ill.

I voted NDP in the last election, and that's who I'd vote for again if there was another election here soon

having said that though, Jack Layton looks and acts like a used car salesman, but Alexa Mcdonough wasn't much better.

I am unaffiliated and deeply don't believe in belonging to a political party, and would not join one on the threat of death, basically.

But I vote for the NDP essentially every time. Layton really doesn't bother me that much at all.

NDP. I like Layton. I think he will mature over the next 4-5 years. He was a great Toronto councillor and is a good consensus builder. Once he loses the gimmicks I think he'll be a good leader. I still think that he is what the NDP needs to become a viable option.

not a member but i have ties to the liberals. ndp are a close second.

not a big fan of party politics or even inner party politics.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom