Prospective British Conservative Leader Ken Clarke sets out his stall

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

financeguy

ONE love, blood, life
http://politics.guardian.co.uk/conservatives/story/0,9061,1560388,00.html#

I have said on here (till I'm practically blue in the face) that numerous conservatives opposed the Iraq War, for very good and sensible reasons, notwithstanding the all prevalent attempts to label, mis-represent and in some cases, slander, those who were against the Iraq war as far out leftists, appeasers, naive hippies, etc, etc.

Ken Clarke is another example of a sensible conservative, I believe he is a very skilled and experienced politician who would make a good prime minister of Britain.

Last edited:
:bump: Let's flood the FYM first page with European issues!! REVOLUTION!! J/K.

Clarke comes across to me as a bit of a bully boy. Don't know why, just an impression. So I don't know if I'd welcome him as PM (especially given the Euro debacle. He's quick to point out his opposition to the Iraq war, even quicker to bury his support of the Euro) but as an opposition leader I think he'd be quite good.

But I think the Tories are working through leaders at an alarming rate. You've got to give them a chance after all. Howard was the best leader of the recent lot IMHO. The whole debate in the Commons where

Howard asked: and what happened to such and such tax

ALL the Tories present: UP!

And what happened to this and that tax

ALL the Tories present: UP!

:lmao: A master showman. But still Hague, IDS, Howard and now a new leader... none of them were that bad, they should have stuck with each of them a little longer and waited to see how things panned out instead of expecting instant results.

I would just like to thank TheQuiet1 for responding to this thread and thus saving it from ignominy. :wink:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom