prior knowledge of September 11th, 2001

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ZEdge-
You
rock.
Thank you for serving our country.

Kobe-
Hindsight is ALWAYS a thousand percent.
And Dano-
WTF?
President Bush "probably"
didnt know? what are you implying?
Perhaps our polictical correctness policies have run amuck and left us sussceptable to these bastards, Dano. Aye?
mad.gif

Word.

DB9

------------------
AIM= diamondbruno9

[This message has been edited by diamond (edited 05-07-2002).]

Originally posted by Danospano:
Z Edge:
smile.gif
.... How did I twist your words around to create the illusion that you were a coward? And in reference to your claim that I have an agenda aimed at dismantling this website: Well, tough shit...you just made me louder.
Dano, he didn't twist your words at all, you called him a coward. You said, in talking to Z edge, "...your cowardice is sad". Also, z edge never said you were trying to dismantle the website. He said you were trying to stir up trouble. There's a difference.

[This message has been edited by 80sU2isBest (edited 05-07-2002).]

Calling z_edge a coward is far too extreme and, ultimately, unfair, Dano.

The main thing I have against radicals, is that they have radical notions. Z_edge is not only a well-balanced mind and a thoughtful being, but he is far from a coward, atleast, not the coward you made him out to be in your provocative posts. I don't see the point to them, except you trying to look for trouble.

z_edge was not cowardly in his posts, and your posts only served to provoke him.

Ant.

I agree with Diamond, 80s, Anthony and Spiral_Staircase and, yes, z edge. The "cowardness" comment was inappropriate. Several friends of mine have served in the military, and their duties are/were far more risky than posting behind a computer screen.

And, incidentally, I do not think that our government knew in advance of the 9-11 attacks, although it would make for a great movie or David Koresh/Timothy McVeigh/Ted Kozinski or what-ever-goofball theory.

~U2Alabama

having evidence that the attacks might occur...and knowing they will happen are two different things.

Z edge...thanks for serving our country, you are a true american. If I wasn't a wuss I'd do the same.

Anthony, Bama, and Arun
Thanks for your support and kind posts. Those were extra kind words from you and I do appreciate that.

And I'm no hero either guys, I hope you understand that. I served in the military, like hundreds of thousands-heck millions of people do. I do bring it up from time to time, and on a public forum like this it alwasy causes me an inner conflict of sorts.

I know a lot of people in the military now-whether they realize it or not- are hurt by the fact that they stood for and protected their respective countries when stuff like 9/11 happened. Dosen't it seem like we fucking failed by allowing this to happen? I feel that way a lot. I bet the Bushes do too, probably Clinton as well.

How could you not, to some extent?

Well thanks again guys.

Originally posted by Arun V:
There is Lot of information that goes through those agencies every single day. Honestly...we should be glad that they do such a fine job on a daily basis. I'm sure they heard it was going to happen...but either did not see the threat as credible, OR...someone along the way didn't push the paperwork along fast enough. But to say that they or Bush...LET it happen.....is ridiculous. Personally...what happened on 9-11 was the fault of crappy airport security, and, poor preparation. The press likes to sell newspapers, and if they can spin a story to do it..they'd step over their moms to do it.
I bet you also believe that Oswald acted alone
rolleyes.gif

I WANT to believe that the government did not allow this to happen. I WANT to believe that there are no government conspiracies, and I'd love it if the government is as wholesome and pure and loving and just as perfect as you like to believe it is.*Pats poor innocent Arun on the head and smiles condescendingly*

You used to tell me that i was "too violent", and that you were a pacifist. You used to condemn the military. I had to defend them, and point out how wrong you were. I told you that one day, you would feel differently. I didnt know it would happen so soon, and i didnt know it would take the deaths of thousands of innocent Americans to wake you up. How sad.
Now you are a flag waver just like the rest of us, and sometimes even say postive things about the military. Wow. People change.
Glad to see you have, I just think it would be nice if you understood that loving your country is one thing. But blind devotion, is another.

Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

Well tonight thank God it's them, instead of you...

[This message has been edited by Miss MacPhisto (edited 05-07-2002).]

I've always been a flag waver....and just cos I make fun of the military gusy you like...doens't mean I dont' respect them.

I'm a flag waver now????

what happened when I gave Bono the american flag back in october??? What about my america appreciation thread back a few months ago????? I jumped on a band wagon??????.....I live in this country too...and I respect it. And in truth...I think I take offense to the fact that you question the sincerity of the love of my country

[This message has been edited by Arun V (edited 05-07-2002).]

I'm not talking about the jokes.
tongue.gif
The jokes were...ok...Pissed me off, but thats not what i was referring to.
You seemed to hate the military, didnt even care much when those pilots were killed at Pt Mugu recently.
You dont care about the needy people in America. All you talk about is how great everyone has it here, and its only people in other countries who suffer. That doesnt really show love for your country, when you ignore and downplay the severity of the problems it has.
Ive heard you say other not-so-loving stuff about this country as well.
And the things you said about the military...offended ME greatly.

Originally posted by Miss MacPhisto:
I'm not talking about the jokes.
tongue.gif
The jokes were...ok...Pissed me off, but thats not what i was referring to.
You seemed to hate the military, didnt even care much when those pilots were killed at Pt Mugu recently.
You dont care about the people in need in America. All you talk about is how great everyone has it here, and its only people in other countries who suffer.
Ive heard you say other not-so-loving stuff about this country.
And the things you said about the military...offended ME greatly.

Just because I dont' get emotional when pilots are killed doesn't mean I dont' care. And just because I am peace loving and dont' like the fact that the military has so much power in today's affairs doens't mean I dont' respect the job they do...and I dont' care about the needy in america??? just because I think that the aidscrisis in africa is more important???? that's for me to decide

Do I have some fun at the expense of the military sometimes..yes...but not anymore than they would have at me for being a "weakass bitch"...army recruiters words...not mine

Also...I've been more than an avid protector of america on this forum. do a search for my posts in this forum..and read them

And i agree 100% that it was also poor airport security,and poor preparation, and the sheer stupidity of a lot of people.

so then you still love me?

No, i would NEVER do a search on your posts, as you would go around gossiping about me, and go around and tell people that i read allll your posts and that youre terrified of me now, yada yada yada.
rolleyes.gif

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

No, i would NEVER do a search on your posts, as you would go around gossiping about me, and go around and tell people that i read allll your posts and that youre terrified of me now, yada yada yada.
rolleyes.gif

I'm always terrified of you

Do I have some fun at the expense of the military sometimes..yes...but not anymore than they would have at me for being a "weakass bitch"...army recruiters words...not mine

They said that to you seriously?

so then you still love me?

OH OF COURSE DEAR!!!!!!!
biggrin.gif

*Runs off to harem thread*

------------------

I'm always terrified of you

Fear = respect.
eek.gif

Be afraid, be very afraid...

------------------

and I dont' care about the needy in america??? just because I think that the aidscrisis in africa is more important???? that's for me to decide

Also...I've been more than an avid protector of america on this forum. do a search for my posts in this forum..and read them

No, it is not merely because you value their lives over the lives of your fellow Americans.
Youve gone on and on about how wonderful we all have it in America, and talked about the suffering of people in other countries, but hey, if its an American...pfft! Who cares???
If that is your attitude, then you may indeed love the government of your country, but you sure dont love its people. Its much more important to care about the people than the government that supposedly runs this place. You really need to become a politician. They dont care about the people, either...
rolleyes.gif

And as for having some fun at the expense of the military...I said it once and i'll say it again. THAT IS NOT WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!!!!!!!!!! You keep going on and on about how its your jokes that make me raging mad at you, but thats not what does it. *sighs in frustration*

let's just say I had a less than spectacular performance on the pull up bar

They told me I kicked ass on the ASVAB Test in high school, and that I would be well-suited for a career in the military.

let's just say I had a less than spectacular performance on the pull up bar

Not everybody performs the same at everything. They could have given you conditioning time to work that out. Anyways, sorry about that

Originally posted by Danospano:
We seem to think that politicians are wholesome, patriotic idols, when in actuality they're just like you and me. They sin, they look out for their own careers and bankroles, and they will do anything to appear acceptable. We elect what we are, and those who get elected will do anything to ensure their place in history. Even if it means creating a national crisis designed to change the course of history.

It is this very belief, that "we elect what we are", that politicians are just like you and me, that make these conspiracy theories seem that much more unbelievable to me. They do sin, they do look out for their own careers and bankrolls, just like you and me. But would you murder thousands of people in the hopes that it would be economically beneficial for you? Would you do it to "ensure your place in history?" Could you get thousands of your co-workers to agree to help you do it? For me the answers are all "no." I would guess they are for most of you too. We are people who wouldn't do that. Like Dano said, we elect what we are.

Its no secret that the best thing for a country's morale and economy is a good ol fashioned war. It is also no secret that if your popularity as leader is flagging, there is no better way to rally your citizens than by engaging a common enemy in battle.

It's no secret ambition bites the nails of success...

Gabriel

------------------
"...well the God I believe in isn't short of cash, mister!"
BTBS, Rattle and Hum

Originally posted by Spiral_Staircase:
It is this very belief, that "we elect what we are", that politicians are just like you and me, that make these conspiracy theories seem that much more unbelievable to me. They do sin, they do look out for their own careers and bankrolls, just like you and me. But would you murder thousands of people in the hopes that it would be economically beneficial for you? Would you do it to "ensure your place in history?" Could you get thousands of your co-workers to agree to help you do it? For me the answers are all "no." I would guess they are for most of you too. We are people who wouldn't do that. Like Dano said, we elect what we are.

Thank you, Spiral Staircase.
smile.gif
I was just getting ready to post something like this.

I am 99.9% sure that Congress had no knowledge of the September 11th attacks prior to the events themselves. Some conspiracy theories may have grounds in reality, but I think most are way off the mark.

------------------
This cattle-market cabaret is the Sabbath every Saturday

Originally posted by z edge:
Not everybody performs the same at everything. They could have given you conditioning time to work that out. Anyways, sorry about that

It's not your fault Z

You wouldn't happen to know where I coudl find some info on teh army corp of engineers would you?

Personally, I don't read any posts in which Arun V shows contempt for the American people or its military. In fact, I have read posts in which he had kinds word to say about both.
Miss McPhisto, I'm still waiting for an answer to my question - prior knowledge of 9/11 was "widely reported" by whom?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom