Primitive Shark filmed off the Coast of Japan!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Justin24

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
FrilledSharkG_468x331.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/li...ogy.html?in_article_id=431041&in_page_id=1965

A species of shark rarely seen alive because its natural habitat is 600 metres (2,000 ft) or more under the sea was captured on film by staff at a Japanese marine park this week.
The Awashima Marine Park in Shizuoka, south of Tokyo, was alerted by a fisherman at a nearby port on Sunday that he had spotted an odd-looking eel-like creature with a mouthful of needle-sharp teeth.

Marine park staff caught the 1.6 metre (5 ft) long creature, which they identified as a female frilled shark, sometimes referred to as a "living fossil" because it is a primitive species that has changed little since prehistoric times.

The shark appeared to be in poor condition when park staff moved it to a seawater pool where they filmed it swimming and opening its jaws.

"We believe moving pictures of a live specimen are extremely rare," said an official at the park. "They live between 600 and 1,000 metres under the water, which is deeper than humans can go."

"We think it may have come close to the surface because it was sick, or else it was weakened because it was in shallow waters," the official said.

The shark died a few hours after being caught. Frilled sharks, which feed on other sharks and sea creatures, are sometimes caught in the nets of trawlers but are rarely seen alive.

Oh i saw that on the itv news and it looks so like the age it comes from - prehistoric&it does look scary :yikes:

Irvine511 said:
guys, you realize this totally disproves evolution.

Don't worry, Irvine. Some crazy left wing liberal nut job will probably show you a picture of a humming bird and tell you it used to be a T-Rex, in between bites of granola and colloborating with the terrorists, of course.

UberBeaver said:

Don't worry, Irvine. Some crazy left wing liberal nut job will probably show you a picture of a humming bird and tell you it used to be a T-Rex, in between bites of granola and colloborating with the terrorists, of course.

i know!

i mean, hello people, MONKEYS STILL EXIST!

Irvine511 said:

i know!

i mean, hello people, MONKEYS STILL EXIST!
Why do creationists complain about humans and monkeys - I mean we are practically the same; if they really wanted to go after gaps they would get on attacking hoiw choanoflagellates --> sponges --> cnidarians; I mean we have limited fossils and some of the biggest changes in form and function, compared to that loosing hair, standing upright and growing a larger brain is nothing; and no a monkey never did that - a common ancestor of the other great apes had populations that were seperated and within those populations heritable variations were selected for by population pressures eventually giving rise to reproductive barriers and whole new species of which homo sapiens sapiens has been supremely successful.

Last edited:
A_Wanderer said:
Why do creationists complain about humans and monkeys - I mean we are practically the same; if they really wanted to go after gaps they would get on attacking hoiw choanoflagellates --> sponges --> earliest animals --> cnidarians; I mean we have limited fossils and some of the biggest changes in form and function, compared to that loosing hair, standing upright and growing a larger brain is nothing; and no a monkey never did that - a common ancestor of the other great apes had populations that were seperated and within those populations heritable variations were selected for by population pressures eventually giving rise to reproductive barriers and whole new species of which homo sapiens sapiens has been supremely successful.

um, i am NOT a monkey.

do you see me eating bananas with my feet? pulling parasites off my coworker's scalp? throwing my feces at people when i get mad?

no. you don't.

i am so NOT a monkey.

:angry:

Irvine511 said:

um, i am NOT a monkey.

do you see me eating bananas with my feet? pulling parasites off my coworker's scalp? throwing my feces at people when i get mad?

no. you don't.

i am so NOT a monkey.

:angry:

:lol:

Back
Top Bottom