Prayers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dreadsox

ONE love, blood, life
Please...I give the sermon at 5:00 PM EST tonight, 8:30 AM ESt Tomorrow, & 10:00 AM tomorrow.

Thanks for your help FYM

OK, thanks NB. I'm caught up now. : )

Dread, nice job. Seriously, that's a pretty big task to tackle and it seems as if you pulled it off.

God bless,

coemgen

I will know more on Sunday night after the bike. I received many kind words, but I am curious to see how much action.

Matt - good for you!! :applaud: I can't wait to hear the results of the bike-a-thon!

I had to get up in front of my congregation last weekend too. I joined the outreach committee this year (3 year stint) and had to encourage the kids to add their change to the "It's only a penny" program. We have big jugs in a couple of spots at Church and collect change all year. Then at the end, the kids vote on 3 charities and the funds collected go to the winning charity. My job was to teach/remind the kids about the program and inform them of the charities they would be voting for. I wanted one of them to be the African Well Fund, but another outreach member thought it should all be local so I didn't push that. I don't know how well I did and it's really hard for me to to get up in front of people.

My pastor will be doing a sermon on Bono next fall and I plan to do a mission moment leading into the one campaign then. My stint for the "it's only a penny" was practice for this because I want to do it well when it happens.

:hug: It's wonderful to hear of your activism and a drag to hear that your migraines are still haunting you. :(

The 8 high school kids raised around $1,500 for Africa. That is not counting anticipated other monies.

I am so proud of them.

Thanks for all of the support and encouragement.

Peace

Back
Top Bottom