Posthumous Expos?s

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cujo

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
The exploitation of the deceased through print media is ridiculous. Living with the constant nag of tabloid reporters is bad enough, but celebrities don't even get to rest in peace from money-grubbing low lifes who have the inside scoop on "unauthorized details". Books on affairs, that may or may not have happened, pop up all over the place. There are a plethora of Princess Diana dirt books, and several JFK Jr. "revelations" to appear in the next few months.

Get a life people. Stop trying to take a piece of fortune, by taking a piece of the someone else's integrity. Leave well enough alone... go see Dr. Phil.

:|

unfortunately there are enough people in the public who disagree with you to make it worthwhile for the books to be written.

I have mixed feeling about this.

Yes, I find it gross to make money off other people's losses (especially life), but I also do not have much of a problem with the press revealing things about those that are gone.

Tke JFKjr for example. I do not really have a problem with what is coming out now about him and his wife as it just goes to show that they were real people with real problems...

She did cocaine, she was abusive, they lived apart blah blah blah. They were real people with real problems. The fact that many Americans (esp in NYC) treated these two like royalty was beyond me. They were disfunctional socialites with money. They stupidy decided to get into a plane on a foggy night as he had a broken ankle and they flew into the sea.

Now this may sound cold, but it was not a national tragedy when they were lost (in difference to what the TV showed) it was a loss for their family and those that knew them.

I dunno - I am just a bit bitter about the whole thing. I have no reason to be really, but I do not like when people are put on pedestals when they really have not proven themselves in any way...

You've proven yourself ouizy, time and time again. :up:

On that note, I don't think it's necessary to glorify those in the public eye, as you say. In my opinion, as long as the information is credible and not some money-making scheme... then for history's sake what the hell. If it is making false claims of illegitimacy and adultery, then it is garbage.

You might as well read Hillary's book :down:

I guess I do have a problem with the press making speculations about what happens to people when/after they die. Niether one of them is here to dispute it, personally, so let's just trash them for all it's worth. When in effect things aer being made up to be tossed out there to see who believes it and what can sell the most. It's been 2 years since this tragic death and I do have problems with the people who - now- know it all, in order to sell a book. I know this is the way of the world.. but do we have to really know .. every little thing.. I guess - nothing will ever be sacred or fogotten or forgiven.. even if it doesn't really effect you.

Last edited:
and let's not forget the posthumous brilliance of kurt cobain's journals.
\
I do not understand this. Are you being serious, or facicious (sp)?

I thought that was supposed to be a good book, was it not?

Please elaborate.

ouizy said:
I do not understand this. Are you being serious, or facicious (sp)?

I thought that was supposed to be a good book, was it not?

Please elaborate.

i was being quite serious. i own this book.
it is one of the most amazing things i've ever seen.
kurt's lyrics, letters, drawings, and poetry. all copied handwritten.
it's incredible. you should take a look at it sometime.

Back
Top Bottom