Pope calls for a day of fasting and prayers for peace

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Like O2

She wore graaaapes
Regardless of how you feel about Catholics or war, I think we can all agree that peace is a better solution. :yes:

This Ash Wednesday, the start of Lent for Catholics (and others) the Pope is asking for a day of fasting and prayers for peace.

"Pope John Paul II has called on Catholics to fast for peace on Ash Wednesday, saying "the future of humanity" will never be determined "by terrorism and the logic of war". " Read more about it here.

No matter what your faith or belief system, feel free to join in, say a pray and/or miss a meal for peace. It can't hurt!

fasting is essential for spiritual clarity.

see Richard Foster for a good read on fasting for bettering your relationship with the Father (that would be Yahweh, not your priest "Father.")

fasting is also a large part of repentance, when the stakes are high, people in the bible forsake food and drink to demonstrate their "sole" need for divine intervention...

:)

:wave:

I like this a lot. Just wanted to mentioned that, for those who might want to participate but might feel they can't for medical reasons, fasting doesn't necessarily mean no food. Liquids, at least water, are certainly reasonable and smart, and if you're hypoglycemic like me, you "fast" on bread and water.

My fasting and prayers will join yours....

SD

Back
Top Bottom