Pope Benedict: gays have no social or moral value

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Irvine511

Blue Crack Supplier
[q]Homosexuality destabilizes society: Vatican paper
November 29, 2005

VATICAN CITY (Reuters) - The Vatican newspaper said on Tuesday that homosexuality risked "destabilizing people and society," had no social or moral value and could never match the importance of the relationship between a man and a woman.

The article by Monsignor Tony Anatrella, a French Jesuit and psychologist, said homosexuality could not be considered an acceptable moral alternative to heterosexuality.

"During these past years, homosexuality has become a phenomenon that is always increasingly worrying and in many countries is considered a quality that is normal," the article in L'Osservatore Romano said.

The article was specifically approved by the Vatican's secretariat of state.

"It (homosexuality) does not represent a social value and even less so a moral virtue that could add to the civilization of sexuality," Anatrella said. "It could even be seen as a destabilizing reality for people and for society."

The Catholic Church, the article said, had a duty to reaffirm its position that homosexuality is "against conjugal life, the life of the family, and priestly life."

"In no case is this form of sexuality a sexual alternative, or even less, a reality that is equivalent to that which is shared by a man and a woman engaged in matrimonial life," the Italian-language article said.

"It (homosexuality) cannot be encouraged or even less so, supported with pastoral initiatives," it said in an apparent reference to Catholic priests who administer to homosexuals without reminding them of the Church's position against gay sex.

It said homosexuality was "a sexual tendency and not an identity" and repeated the Church's stand against allowing gays to marry or to adopt children. It also called homosexuality "an incomplete and immature part of human sexuality."

It repeated some themes in the Vatican document, and added a list of ways seminary directors could determine if a candidate for the priesthood had overcome homosexual tendencies or risked not being able to respect the Church rule of priestly celibacy.

http://www.boston.com/news/world/eu...sexuality_destabilizes_society_vatican_paper/

[/q]

some people who have no social or moral value in the eyes of the Vatican:

binladen_12.jpg

1555837808.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

martina01.JPG

Bunch of dreck.

And I hate to tell 'em, but it looks as if God's a cross dresser.... :uhoh:

I don't care what they say, I know what Jesus said about the value that every human has and how we are all equal in God's eyes. They can twist that all they want, but so many Catholics know better. It's shameful.

There are so many relationships between men and women that have little or no moral/social value, and are incomplete and immature.

Funny. I think the Catholic Church has no social or moral value, along with being a "tendency," rather than an identity.

In fact, Roman Catholicism has become a phenomenon that is always increasingly worrying and in many countries is considered a quality that is normal. And, most certainly, the sheer existence of Roman Catholicism goes against conjugal life, the life of the family, and priestly life.

Now all we need is a PFOX group--Parents and Families of Ex-Catholics--to help show the world that it is, indeed, possible to live a life free from Catholicism and the world would be complete.

Melon

melon said:
Funny. I think the Catholic Church has no social or moral value, along with being a "tendency," rather than an identity.

In fact, Roman Catholicism has become a phenomenon that is always increasingly worrying and in many countries is considered a quality that is normal. And, most certainly, the sheer existence of Roman Catholicism goes against conjugal life, the life of the family, and priestly life.

Now all we need is a PFOX group--Parents and Families of Ex-Catholics--to help show the world that it is, indeed, possible to live a life free from Catholicism and the world would be complete.

Melon

HAWHAW.

I'm almost as worried about the current state of the Church regarding issues like this as I am about the future of this thread if comments like these continue.

Of course they will, though. This is FYM, after all. :wink:

more incomplete and immature specimens of human sexuality

port-linc.jpg

(I'm in the Abe was gay camp)

7-1-Truman-Capote.jpg

wilde.jpg

savedpreg2.jpg

eldegeneres_150x207.jpg

XHendrix24 said:
HAWHAW.

I'm almost as worried about the current state of the Church regarding issues like this as I am about the future of this thread if comments like these continue.

Of course they will, though. This is FYM, after all. :wink:

Funny how we give a free pass to how offensive the Vatican is; and yet, we concentrate on what is clearly satire.

Something tells me that if Cardinal Rat was a member here, he'd be banned for his comments.

Melon

and I think that telling trapped women in impoverished countries that birth control will send them to hell shows a great lack of social and moral values. (then again, the Church has never held much value of any sort for me personally.)

what's new?

VertigoGal said:
and I think that telling trapped women in impoverished countries that birth control will send them to hell shows a great lack of social and moral values. (then again, the Church has never held much value of any sort for me personally.)

what's new?

Agreed. with every single word.

melon said:

Funny how we give a free pass to how offensive the Vatican is; and yet, we concentrate on what is clearly satire.

Who's giving a free pass to the Vatican? Even one person in this thread? Because if that's so, I haven't noticed. And if by "we" you mean "me," I was pretty sure that I had expressed my opinion on the matter fairly clearly in the second sentence of my post. I am not siding with the Church on this topic - I think it's reprehensible to think that homosexuality can't have any social or moral value - nor do I think it should be exempt from criticism, but I do not feel that lashing out with hate toward the people that hate your way of life helps much.

I guess this is a message board though, and we are all entitled to our opinions.

melon said:
Something tells me that if Cardinal Rat was a member here, he'd be banned for his comments.

Of course he would. He's an outspoken conservative.

(I jest, I jest. :wink:)

Last edited:
Why is it that it's mostly men who are obsessed with what homosexuality means to our society? The religious lunatic fringe who preach homophobia are all almost exclusively male.

anitram said:
Why is it that it's mostly men who are obsessed with what homosexuality means to our society? The religious lunatic fringe who preach homophobia are all almost exclusively male.

threat to their manhood.

but to me if that threatens their manhood, their manhood is non too hot to begin with.

anitram said:

well, Phyllis Schafley hates lesbians, even though her son is gay (and works for her) and is a very active member of New York City's leather community.

Irvine511 said:

well, Phyllis Schafley hates lesbians, even though her son is gay (and works for her) and is a very active member of New York City's leather community.

Well for every one of her you have 600 Jerry Falwells.

Dismantled said:
*cries.....who is that!:scream:

It's the Bride of Wildenstein.

A friend of mine (this is true) knows the man she used to be married to. He is a French billionaire art collector.

anitram said:

Well for every one of her you have 600 Jerry Falwells.

and there's also the concerned women of america.

they are very concerned bout homosexuality, as mothers, you know.

Funny how the catholic church frowns on homosexuality but half of thier priests molest little boys......:scratch:

Irvine511 said:
and there's also the concerned women of america.

they are very concerned bout homosexuality, as mothers, you know.

I find it amusing that the husband of the founder of the organization is one of the writers of the "Left Behind" series. :coocoo:

Melon

Back
Top Bottom