Poolan Devi

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cass

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
..just like Suu Kyi she endured the cruelty of other people and became a voice for the oppressed.
Walk On sister.

(tomtom, I'm not sure of I spelt her name correctly. I hope I did. The Australian media have suggested there is a connection with land development rather than her political activity. Can you tell me what is being reported in India?)

As far as I know there is no similarity between Phoolan Devi and Syu Kyi.Phoolan Devi was a bandit who was jailed for years.She and her gang reportedly massacred entire villages.Without much mercy.

Thanks tomtom, I knew there would be at least 2 sides to the story, that's why I asked.
The similarity that I perceive between those two women, is their ability to survive personal adversity and their willingness to struggle to the end for something they believe in. I know PhoolanDevi took up arms, but I thought that was only for a two year period and she gave herself up and spent quite some time in jail for doing so. I don't know, I just recall hearing she was sold, due to poverty when she was 11 and from that point on she was sexually abused by nearly every man she came in contact with until she took up arms. Good to hear another perspective.May she and her victims find eternal peace.

Actually Cass,Im sorry.I didnt know that she had been murdered.You see,right now Im in California,and have been in the US for the last month or so.In fact,1 month since today.So when I checked out the papers online yesterday,thats when I saw the news.Let me dig some deeper behind the news headlines(because the media in India is usually a pile of crap,they sensationalise things almost as badly as US) and give you a report
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom