poll nuttiness

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

verte76

Blue Crack Addict
I know of two polls in Tennessee. Rasmussen has Bush ahead (49%-41%) eight points. But Zogby has them *tied* in a list of swing states. He doesn't give numbers of any of the seventeen states on the list. This is strange. Is someone lying to me?:confused: :confused:

The lying stuff is what you can call a "rhetorical joke". I don't think anyone is deliberately lying to me. I was trying to be funny. I guess it's so funny people are forgetting to laugh. :sexywink:
Incidentally, the Rasmullen poll has a 5% margin of error. I don't know the Zogby's MOE. You could say the polls were done on the same day, because Rasmullen's is a tracking poll and the Zogby's poll was done over a few days last week. This is what makes them really strange to me. :confused: :confused: :confused:

Last edited:
After I posted the note, I remembered a conversation I had with someone from Tennessee. We were discussing the 2000 election, something we usually don't do in the group (we generally avoid modern topics as that's not good for the ambience, to say the least). Someone was curious about why Gore lost his home state. She told us that Tennessee is a notoriously fickle state and politically it had changed from the days of Gore's election to the Senate. My hunch is that the real numbers there are a tie as it was really close in 2000. I can't prove this, of course, I can only guess.

Back
Top Bottom