Poll: If Election were today, would you vote Bush? (merged)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

If the election was held today, would you vote to re-elect Bush?

• Yes

Votes: 11 18.6%
  • No

Votes: 48 81.4%

• Total voters
"It was not unilateral....there were 10 Englishman, 5 Austrailians, and 1 Polish Cook."

"The UN approved it. Just ask Kofi, he clearly felt the Security Council approved it. The resolutions we affirmed, and the council clearly agreed that use of force was authorized. That is why the language was so so straight forward about it."

Everyone knows that any operation launched without the French and Germans is a unilateral operation.

Yep, we made Saddam sign a ceacefire agreement to give up his WMD, but no way in hell was there any resolution or the ceasefire agreement itself, that would call for ANY type of military action to enforce the agreement if Saddam violated it. I mean, Saddams word alone was enough. It was enough to have Saddam sign these agreements right. It would be stupid if we did not take Saddam at his word. No one in their right mine would ever put into any resolution or ceacefire agreement a means to enforce it.

Lets face it, Saddams not a threat to anyone. Saddam was required to disarm for political reasons. Not because he had ever done anything dangerous to his neighbors or threatened the worlds supply of energy.

Like they say, it's the economy, stupid. Argue all you like about Bush and 9/11 and Iraq. It won't do a thing to correct his horrible domestic policy.
:down:

ha ha - gave hige taxcuts to the rich while taking it from the poor - ha ha you're funny today, Klaus

So a whopping 38 people have voted. Looks like Interference is our very own little microcosm of the macrocosm.

joyfulgirl,

Well not all interference people come to FYM. I don't think there has been a poll in FYM that got more than 100 responses. I think the most responses a poll got in the EYKIW forum was around 150.

FizzingWhizzbees said:
I think it's safe to say if FYM elected the next President, Dubya would be looking for a new job. :D

Damn, makes me wish that FYM did elect the President.
JOKE! JOKE! That's a JOKE!!:lol: :lol:

STING2 said:
joyfulgirl,

Well not all interference people come to FYM. I don't think there has been a poll in FYM that got more than 100 responses. I think the most responses a poll got in the EYKIW forum was around 150.

Perhaps, but there are a lot of lurkers in here and it would be nice if they voted even if they don't post. Of course it's impossible to know how many of the 700+ hits on this thread are lurkers vs. us just checking back in on the thread, but 38 seems terribly low.

verte76 said:

Damn, makes me wish that FYM did elect the President.
JOKE! JOKE! That's a JOKE!!:lol: :lol:

Poll: which member of U2 should be president?

Hillary Clinton is to far to the left to win a presidential election.

I didn't say she'd win...I simpy said she'd trump many a candidate.

On a side note, it's funny how different the American perspective is to, say, the Canadian one. What you would consider left wing (ie, Hillary Clinton), we in Canada would consider center. To many of us, Democrats and Republicans are both right wing parties, but in the US, one is considered "liberal" and the other "conservative". I find that really interesting. It seems very boxed in from my perspective. :shrug:

Michael Griffiths said:
To many of us, Democrats and Republicans are both right wing parties, but in the US, one is considered "liberal" and the other "conservative". I find that really interesting. It seems very boxed in from my perspective. :shrug:

I was going to say the same thing, except in a less articulate way. :| To me, Hillary is too conservative and I probably would not vote for her. Maybe I would if she ran against Bush and there was no decent 3rd party candidate, but I would not be happy about it because I actually despise all the Clintons except for Chelsea.

I have posted here twice...but have yet to vote in the poll.

And as for the 800 views. Think of all of us "repeat offenders." I know I probably account for at least 10+ views. I wish there was a way to count "Unique" views.

Dreadsox said:
Seriously, I am probably more in line with Lieberman and Kerry than anyone else in that field right now. I am hoping General Wesley Clark announces which party he belongs to and that he is running for President.

Dreadsox:

As I mentioned to you last night, the May/June issue of OXFORD AMERICAN (The Southern Magazine of Good Writing) featured an in-depth articleon your boy Wesley Clark. It is posted on there website in PDF format, so I am unable to post any of the text here, but the link is below:

http://oxfordamericanmag.com/oa_extras/murrell.pdf

I would say that the three candidates you have mentioned above share something in common: military background and/or strong defense policy. I haven't read the Wesley Clark article yet so I don't know enough about him, but I would say that Senator Joseph Lieberman is my favorite among the Democratic field.

~U2Alabama

I do not have information on other candidates.

I would not purposely NOT vote for Bush.

Put him up against, say, Silvio Berlusconi - I would vote for Bush.

So, with that being said...I can't vote in the poll.

since bush jr. became president... I finally found motivation to vote the next time round...

theSoulfulMofo said:
since bush jr. became president... I finally found motivation to vote the next time round...

8 years of Slick Willie didn't do that for ya?

theSoulfulMofo said:

I feel the same way. I've been quite disinterested in the national political scene for some time because, in my view, none of our recent presidents (or members of Congress) have been inspiring or visionary. Everyone's a centrist. However, when the next presidential election takes place, I will be running full speed to the polls with the hope of contributing to the booting of President Bush out of office. In my view, President Bush does dishonor to the office of the president.

I think Bush would find California a friendlier place than FYM.

Back
Top Bottom