POLL: disarm the united states?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Flag Pole Pear

Bordering Purgatory
yes

or

no

feel free to express your opinion, even if your riding the fence on the issue. if your confident enough to actually give a full out yes or no, then please do.

this is for interest sake.

oh for SHIT SAKES!!!! wrong bloody forum. how hard is it?!!??!?!?! its not!!!!

someone please move this. im sorry, im stupid.

i think that if we go around expecting everyone to disarm solely because we don't trust them, then we're clearly setting a double standard saying "hey we trust us, but no one else."

on the other hand, if we all try to start disarming, as in "yo saddam, you give up 'x,y, and z' and we'll start giving up parts of the same." and then once people who really can't be trusted (saddam, etc) with weapons of mass destruction, the u.s can start disarming too.

i dunno...it's a tricky thing to talk about.....

U.S. disarmament will only make sense once the entire third world is disarmed and the West would collectively agree to it.

Criticize the U.S. all you want (and, trust me, I do), but there is little fear of Bush having a tantrum one day and throwing a nuclear missile across the ocean unprovoked. With North Korea, there is this very realistic fear.

Melon

Lilly says:
i think that if we go around expecting everyone to disarm solely because we don't trust them, then we're clearly setting a double standard saying "hey we trust us, but no one else."

melon says:
U.S. disarmament will only make sense once the entire third world is disarmed and the West would collectively agree to it.

Criticize the U.S. all you want (and, trust me, I do), but there is little fear of Bush having a tantrum one day and throwing a nuclear missile across the ocean unprovoked. With North Korea, there is this very realistic fear.

I agree with both of you. It's tricky either way... we set the standard by disarming our WMDs and we risk getting blown up by someone else, or we tell them "you first." It's hard to see how we can seriously tell other countries (that aren't threatening to blow us up) they should disarm when we won't do it ourselves.

Disarmament is basically impossible. You can destroy every weapon currently on the face of the earth, but you cannot destroy the knowledge and ability to re-arm.

Last edited:
Clark W Griswold Jr is right, it would be impossibile to disarm us.If it were possibile I think we should be at least partially disarmed. I don't think that we should be disarmed completely, in case we do get attacked( not necessarily by Sadaam).

Last edited:
yes! for two reasons:

1) no more guns in homes for little children to get into

2) no more fighting in the streets of unfriendly nations

and three, the ROW will stop fighting our aggression! someone else can be the heavies, and police the feckin world! we have boats, and bridges, and plenty of rope...the ARMS can be provided by friendly, sophisticated countries such as:

1) France
2) South Africa
3) North Korea

Peace! i say, world peas...ha ha...

Love and rockets, all the best, dreams of paradise, of nowhere, of perfect republics! Cheers, Debbie :heart:

DebbieSG said:

1) no more guns in homes for little children to get into

i think household guns are the last thing on the iraqi peoples' minds at the moment. and i really doubt that when any person mentions disarming the U.S, they don't mean taking away the second amendment.

nice dream

when are you people going to realize that human nature (and history for that matter) is not one of peace and 'brotherhood'

there are always going to be people who are more intelligent and sophisticated, more tempermental... more selfish -- put it all together and you have a volitile world

yes, let the USA completely disarm and I'm sure countries like Iraq, Iran, North Korea and China will in good faith decide to disarm as well and live in peace

I agree with Wanderahhh. Hello to you btw, W.
I believe the notion of disarming the US is foolish. No matter how 'evil' you think they are, or how dangerous Bush is with his power, there's many fishes in the sea who are a much worse threat. May as well rename the country to United States of Sitting Duck.

Last edited:
Yep, disarm. Not only the U.S. but all the world. Not only WMDs but small arms too.

Sure, this is very idealistic and some may say its impossible. I say it isn?t. Nothing is impossible. Rearming is likely, but Disarmarment is a good start. Arms dealers into prison where they belong, there they can kill each other.

hi mom :wave:

yes, lock up all the leaders of the world, damn arms' dealers... :angry:

can people honestly say this utopian stuff with a straight face? i mean, it's cute but c'mon

Back
Top Bottom