Politicians suck.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jphelmet

Refugee
Just curious if anyone else watches the debates and looks at this two jokers and thinks " how in the hell did we get the choice of these two idiots?"

I can't life for me see how anyone can excited about either one of these candidates.

I'm not sure what the point is here, other than i'm very frustrated by american politics.

call me corrupt but i love it. is the system perfect? of course not. will ther ever be a perfect system? of course not. what we've got is a wonderful process. it has its flaws sure, but anytime power is involved, whether its for the presidency or dog catcher, there are going to be problems. yes its very frustrating, but for some reason i enjoy it. :shrug:

I agree - most politicians suck.

But what alternative do we have?

Anarchy or dictatorship doesn't have the same appeal for me as democracy.

I think the problem lies with the corporations who control our economy and buy the politicians to be their mouthpieces!

Money and the lust for power -that's the real culprit in making our democracies seem corrupt.

:yes:

Jamila said:
I agree - most politicians suck.

But what alternative do we have?

Anarchy or dictatorship doesn't have the same appeal for me as democracy.

I think the problem lies with the corporations who control our economy and buy the politicians to be their mouthpieces!

Money and the lust for power -that's the real culprit in making our democracies seem corrupt.

:yes:

Correct. Many politicians start out as good men/women but as they rise to power and money they become corrupted. It's happened since the beginning of time. A lot of them do still have hearts though.

I will agree that the candidates are imperfect, but they are human. No one is perfect. It takes a certain kind of person, a very enterprising one, to get that far in politics. Plenty of them have some good in them.

The reason we ended up with Kerry is because people measured winnability, versus his stance on issues.

Go Wesley Clark. I wanted him to be a candidate.

We had the same thing recently here in Australia. Two bad candidates. You had to decide which was the lesser of the two.

When we vote we should have the following choice:

1) Candidate A
2) Candidate B
3) Go away and get us something better. We'll try again in 3 months.

Back
Top Bottom