political harrassment happens

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There has always been idiocy and nuttiness during presidential campaigns. This year I've heard the damnedest stories I've ever heard in my life. It has never been this emotional. I'm trying to keep everything under control, but it's not easy as I am quite a high-strung person under optimal circumstances. Under stress.....ouch. :mad: :madspit: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

:|

Man accused of trying to run down Rep. Katherine Harris

(CNN) -- Police in Sarasota, Florida, arrested a man accused of trying to run down Rep. Katherine Harris and her supporters with a car Tuesday, a police spokesman said.

A silver Cadillac "swerved off the road and drove up the sidewalk" heading "straight towards Ms. Harris," according to the police arrest report.

"Harris stated that she was afraid for her life," according to the police report, "and could not move as the vehicle approached her."

No one was injured in the alleged incident.

It happened as Harris and her supporters were campaigning in Sarasota, her spokeswoman said Wednesday.

A witness to the incident saw part of the vehicle tag before the car left the scene, according to the report. Police matched the tag to a car registered to Barry Seltzer, 46, of Sarasota.

After police tried to contact Seltzer, he came to to the Sarasota Police station where, according to a police report, he admitted trying to "intimidate" a group of Harris supporters.

"I was exercising my political expression," Seltzer told police, according to the report.

He was arrested on a charge of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon. He is now in Sarasota County Jail, and is to have a court appearance Thursday.

Harris emerged as a controversial figure during her role as Florida Secretary of State during the 2000 presidential election recount.

She used that attention to fuel her campaign for the House of Representatives in 2002. In her bid for re-election, she faces Sarasota lawyer, Jan Schneider, who lost to Harris in the last election..

Verte, I'm so sorry that happened to ypur parents!:rant:

It happened in North Jersey, too. A guy phoned in some weeks back on the radio.He said he'd been run off the road. He had a kerry/edwards sticker, and he noticed he was going through a strong republican /Bush supporters area on his way into manhattan {when this happened}.

Actually the NYTimes had a big article on Asper's Syndrome about ? 3 months ago. I read it myself. Well, I'd never know from your Intfrnc posts that you have it. Good luck in continuing your dealings with it, and society around you.

Last edited:
stammer476 said:
Wow, NBC. I have a degree in psychology, and I don't remember ever hearing or researching this type of disorder. (So natrually, I've spent the last hour doing quick "internet research.") This is really quite fascinating.

That is because current research dictates that autism and Asperger's are more than likely two incongruous and distinct syndromes. Also, what was originally seen as a social developmental problem is being looked at from a more genetic POV, with the main goal to find and test a number of loci which could contribute to the symptoms experienced.

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
My parent's Kerry-Edwards sticker was ripped off of their car. And signs supporting Kerry-Edwards have been stolen throughout my parents neighborhood. The police have been driving in and out of the neighborhood to prevent further problems. Not one Bush sign has been lifted. I think it is a shame that this is going on.

Howdy, not bad at all.

Here, we call stuff like that "Organized Crime"

nbcrusader said:
We will be no better off on Nov. 3 if either side continues harboring hatred in their hearts.

That´s the best comment I have seen on FYM for quite some time. :up:

U2democrat, I´m from Vienna, Austria. Yeah, that´s where the IAEA is located.

U2democrat said:
if he had done any damage to my car i don't know what i would've done.

being a tennis player, i have to stop and ask, what damage could a tennis ball have possibly done to your car? maybe if he'd a thrown a baseball, that would be different. but come on, a tennis ball? what happened? it bounced off and you drove away, and there was not a mark on your car, right? sounds like someone needs to lighten up a little. jeez, i know this election has you all wound up, but man, next time just huck a waterballoon back at him!:wink:

whenhiphopdrovethebigcars said:

That´s the best comment I have seen on FYM for quite some time. :up:

U2democrat, I´m from Vienna, Austria. Yeah, that´s where the IAEA is located.

cool. i've heard it's beautiful there. in fact i MIGHT be going there this summer on a trip to germany/austria/switzerland/france.

U2democrat said:
grrr today as i was in my car waiting to pull out of the school parking lot some guy pulled up next to me and threw a tennis ball at my car. It bounce from my trunk to my rear window. don't you just love immature, stupid high school boys?

Isn't immature and stupid the definition of high school boys?

U2democrat said:
wow anitram. was that english? :huh:

LOL! I was telling a research fellow the other day that I couldn't read another journal this week, I wanted something written by an actual human being.

Back
Top Bottom