Political compass test

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Political Compass is an interesting test.

I placed in the bottom left hand corner of the lower left quadrant, so I'm a left-wing libertarian (as if you didn't already know that :D ).

So, what are you?

Lower Right, I am a Right-Wing libertarian (2.5, -2.21). Interestingly enough there are no international examples of this - I keep telling you all that there isn't a damn party that matches my ideology and this "prooves" it (in a wierd quizzy way).

Last edited:
A_Wanderer said:
Lower Right, I am a Right-Wing libertarian (2.5, -2.21). Interestingly enough there are no international examples of this - I keep telling you all that there isn't a damn party that matches my ideology and this "prooves" it (in a wierd quizzy way).

I think they said they couldn't find any examples of it! Well, we knew you were, um...different!

^LOL, thats what I keep telling myself - maybe they couldn't get around having somebody advocate interventionist principles of foreign policy and support Abortion and Recreational Drug Use?

Wait a tick, Milton Friedman and Ayn Rand.

Left Libertarian for me

Economic Left/Right: -6.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.54

The closest one to me is the Dalai Lama.

Of the books recommended for Left Libertarians I have read Michael Moore and George Orwell. I would read/watch The Fast Food Nation if I could.

Guess I should put my numbers in too. They are:

Economic Left/Right -7.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian -9.03

I think that the quiz is a biased one, it is particuarly difficult to get anywhere near the conservative right, perhaps some of the questions such as "Do you think that the government needs to know about your sex life" (yeah im going of memory here) - honestly, does anybody here want their government to know more about their sex life, actually dont answer that.

Last edited:
I got Gandhi too :huh:

Economic Left/Right: -2.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.64

You are all probably surprised I got Libertarian left! There are so many questions about poor people, and I took up for the poor people, also I don't like red tape and authorities messing with people, that did it too. I guess the only things I'm really right wing on are abortion, because I can't see any 'choice' taking more value than a life, and my utter hatred for PCness and terrorists. :shrug: But actually that's kind of libertarian too, because the main reason I hate PCness is that it is a form of censorship ironically used by those who claim to be the most 'open minded', but when you shut out certain points of view, you're the same as the people you disagree with.

Last edited:
LOL, it reminds me of the Trey Parker line.

I don't like Conservatives but I really hate Liberals (or something to that effect).

A_Wanderer said:
LOL, it reminds me of the Trey Parker line.

I don't like Conservatives but I really hate Liberals (or something to that effect).

LOL, something like that! I'm weird too and I can't find any party that pleases me :tsk:

I don't like PC stuff either. I also gave some more conservative answers in the religion/morality department, thus my score difference.

Im actually surprised that I got such a low libertarian view, its difficult to reconcile some of the political and social influences, I am not even sure that integrating them was such a good idea.

Exellent word use A-Man, I shall have to use it in conversation (coordinates in a system of coordinates that locates a point on a plane or in space by its distance from two lines or three planes respectively; the two lines or the intersections of the three planes are the coordinate axes - see who needs a brain when they have google :wink: )

This should be merged to keep a record of some of the newer posters with the older posters....IMHO

Back
Top Bottom