Plasma TVs Are A Girl's Best Friend

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Irvine511 said:
i'd be utterly lost in life without my iPod and cell phone.

the rest i can give or take.

:shrug:

:up: though I'd probably substitute cell phone for computer...any computer... I talk to my friends online a lot more than I use my cell phone.

plus if I didn't have a TV I could just buy the three shows I actually watch from iTunes :wink:

in general I take technology over jewelry though...I'm kind of a tech whore...I have two iPods :huh:

Interesting how our expectations change. I didn't get a cell phone until I was 36, and then because it was one of the regular benefits (of working for a carrier).

Could I get along without the technology? Yes. In some ways I think our life conveniences actually degrade the quality of our lives. The Blackberry kept me connected like a noose keeps you connected to the gallows.

nbcrusader said:

Could I get along without the technology? Yes. In some ways I think our life conveniences actually degrade the quality of our lives. The Blackberry kept me connected like a noose keeps you connected to the gallows.

As much as I love my tech items, I've just moved into a place outside of town where the cell phone reception is iffy at best and where we've decided not to get cable TV until the fall, and the internet probably won't get hooked up for a few weeks...and we haven't missed any of it. Of course we're really busy but everytime I get courageous and deprive myself of cable TV and internet access at home, I experience a surge in creativity and energy (after the withdrawal passes, of course :wink: )

Well, we all like pretty, shiny things but really, once you're done holding it out to the light and twirling it around your finger, what more can you do with it?

Muggsy said:
so maybe it is time to change "All I want is you" Lyrics ??? Maybe "Diamonds on a ring of gold" changed to "a tv in your living rooomm" ? :wink:

:D

BonosSaint said:
Well, we all like pretty, shiny things but really, once you're done holding it out to the light and twirling it around your finger, what more can you do with it?

And when you really hold it out to the light, you see the flaws. Nothing wrong with flaws, as long as you really do see them. The diamond is like the guy (girl) you go crazy for but then some sort of light forces you to see reality, the TV is like the guy (girl) you've known all along but take for granted or toss aside, who really is the gem. Who will be there on the TV stand long after the diamond's flaws have been revealed. Something like that :wink:

There's really no "diamond hatred", it's supposed to be more of a light hearted thread :shrug: but also point out that women are achieving gadget parity :wink:

I love diamonds, they're beautiful. But practically speaking I would take the camera because it's what I enjoy. I could use it whenever I feel down or need a creative outlet (just as I use my crappy 3.1 that I have now) and a better one would take better pictures. It's a given than it would be a better one :wink: The diamond I could look at, admire, and treasure-but it won't be there for me in the same way that the camera will- just like the bright, shiny guy won't.

Last edited:
I actually do hate diamonds. They're WAY over-valued, WAY over-priced, totally unoriginal, and for me they kind of represent a lot of things I hate about today's world (people slaving their asses off in sorely underdeveloped countries so that the rest can flash their jewels and not have to think about where they came from).

:D

MrsSpringsteen said:
I certainly respect your viewpoints livluv :) I just don't want anyone to go ballistic and have this turn into some FYM slugfest :uhoh:

Haha, yeah "How DARE you dis on my DIAMONDS?!?!" :madwife:

I do think they are very pretty :cute:

Gadgets, gadgets, gadgets :hyper: Ah, I love them.

I'd still pick the vacation though... provided that it came with 3 weeks off that I didn't have wheedle out of my department head. I’d go back to India. Too many people I didn’t get to meet last time.

A_Wanderer said:
Why the diamond hatred? They are so cool - of course not worth the price but still cool.

No diamond hatred, just considerably less diamond orgasm.

Well we all know all the ladies would take the diamond over any and all gadgets, but he's taken

I never thought we'd be talking about diamond orgasms here, unless it was in yet another of his threads in which he expressions his love for GWB- complete w/ hot pics :D

MrsSpringsteen said:
I never thought we'd be talking about diamond orgasms here, unless it was in yet another of his threads in which he expressions his love for GWB- complete w/ hot pics :D

Bad image. Bad, bad image. I'll go scrub my brain now.

Back
Top Bottom