Pink Pistols

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Should all citizens regardless of sexual orientation have the right to bear arms?

• Yes, without equivocation.

Votes: 10 45.5%
  • No, I think guns are bad period.

Votes: 9 40.9%
  • Maybe, only if they live in a Red state.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • diamond, are you packing heat?

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, the gay community feels the need to protect themselves. Here is a little clip from the site:

There are now over 45 Pink Pistols chapters nationwide, and more are starting up every day. We are dedicated to the legal, safe, and responsible use of firearms for self-defense of the sexual-minority community. We no longer believe it is the right of those who hate and fear gay, lesbian, bi, trans, or polyamorous persons to use us as targets for their rage. Self-defense is our RIGHT.

The Pink Pistols get together at least once a month at local firing ranges to practice shooting, and to acquaint people new to firearms with them. We will help you select a firearm, acquire a permit, and receive proper training in its safe and legal use for self-defense. The more people know that members of our community may be armed, the less likely they will be to single us out for attack. Join us today. It is your RIGHT.

I'll repeat myself.

WTF kind of question is this?

Sexual orientation doesn't come into play in the 2nd amendment. At all.

You phrasing the question to suggest that maybe people shouldn't be allowed to have guns simply because of their sexual orientation is ridiculous, and I suspect you know it.

Better yet, if Matthew Shepard had a fire arm that night, with proper training, things could have turned out quite differently, dont you think?

Well if they would all just do that deprogramming they wouldn't need the guns, right?

And women wouldn't need guns to protect themselves if they would just stop dressing like skanks and enticin' them menfolk.

While your poll question is weird, the second amendment, as currently interpreted through court precedent, very clearly does allow all citizens the right to bear arms.

This should also outline the fact that the gay community has considerable diversity in opinion, just as there is, very obviously, diversity in opinion amongst all those "heterosexual."

Why are the votes for diamond packing showing up in pink? Conspiracy???

Didn't O'Reilly cover this already, something about the Pink Pistol Packing Posse?

CTU2fan said:
Why are the votes for diamond packing showing up in pink? Conspiracy???

Didn't O'Reilly cover this already, something about the Pink Pistol Packing Posse?

No, that was a manufactured controversy that was widely ridiculed as homophobic nonsense. It was so bad that even Bill O'Reilly had to admit and apologize for it:

http://www.pinkpistols.org/blogger.html

On the July 6, 2007 episode of The O'Reilly Factor, hosted by Michelle Malkin, a "clarification" was given, and an apology by Rod Wheeler relayed second hand, by Bill O'Reilly's guest host, for connecting the Pink Pistols to criminal lesbian gangs calling themselves "pink pistol packing groups". Malkin said, in a short, sweet statement:

"And we would like to make a clarification on a segment aired last month about gay and lesbian gangs. In that segment, Rod Wheeler, a former detective, said that some members of these gangs carry firearms that are painted pink. And he inadvertently said they call themselves the Pink Pistol Packing Group.

"There's actually a gun rights organization called the Pink Pistols that responsibly advocates for the rights of gays to bear arms. Mr. Wheeler says he was not talking about that group and has apologized for any misunderstanding."

Unfortunately, we had internal reports that the word "respectable" was used in regard to our organization, while actually, only the words "responsibly advocates" were used. But I'll take it. It was on-air.

So what happened to cause Rod Wheeler, "law correspondent" on Fox News, to issue his fateful apologies, including these words:

"Humbly, I submit to you that as a professional, I am not too proud to admit when I've perhaps made a mistake, have misspoken, or have been misinterpreted surrounding a particular issue," he wrote. "I urge all who felt personally offended by the information provided to accept my apology, and let's focus and work together at addressing the gang and other real problems in some communities here in the United States."

My goodness, I think it was a little thing called the truth.

Mr. Wheeler has been called to task by several highly-respected investigative journals, including Radar Online, Intelligence Report (from the Southern Poverty Law Center), and Reason. In addition, hundreds upon hundreds of blogs nationwide have expressed outrage at the unbelievably sensational and impossible to verify claims Mr. Wheeler has made regarding "rampaging lesbian gangs" throughout the Washington, D. C. area and across the country, including some that carry firearms "painted pink". Even GLAAD finally issued a press release denouncing the heinous anti-GLBT bigotry of his report, though the slur against the Pink Pistols was studiously ignored by that organization, unlike the vast majority of others. Another voice heard from: The prestigious journal Congressional Quarterly has also lent their voice to the issue, in their print edition CQ Weekly. (Posted with permission.)

The Pink Pistols did not ask for much from Mr. Wheeler. Since his statements led to inevitable confusion in the public's perception between these gangs and our organization, we demanded that he issue a clarification and an apology for drawing the connection, since it had great potential for causing damage to the organization as a whole, and irreparable harm, including physical danger, to our members. We requested a public apology in the same venue in which the damage had been done -- on Mr. O'Reilly's show.

We got our request, and more. We were called "respectable", on a show that typically does not respect anything done by any facet of the GLBT community. And Mr. Wheeler posted this on his own website:

During the O’Reilly Factor segment on June 21st, while engaged in a discussion on Lesbian gangs, I inadvertently stated that gang members carry pistols that are painted pink and call themselves the "Pink Pistol Packing Group." I was not referring to the gay rights group 'Pink Pistols' who advocates for the lawful rights of gays to carry weapons for protection. Further, I mentioned that there are "over 150 of these gangs" in the greater Washington DC area. What I actually meant is that there are over 150 gangs in the Washington DC area, some of which are in fact lesbian gangs. [talk about a huge difference!] Lastly, I mentioned in the segment that there is this "national epidemic" of lesbian gangs. A better choice of words would have been to say that there is a growing concern nationally, and especially in major urban areas, of increased gang activity, which includes some lesbian gang activity.

I apologize for any misunderstanding this may have caused."

(In case you didn't know the technical term for this maneuver, this is commonly referred to as an "emergency bat-turn".)

Now we've had the Michelle Malkin clarification, and an even briefer mention from Bill himself on July 9 -- just before his now-famous GLAAD interview meltdown, and plenty of apologies from Rod Wheeler, almost to the point of groveling. We've gotten some very good exposure, and some people in the blogosphere have said some very nice things about us. The only thing that never happened was that Fox News never did actually speak to us.

Last edited:
I'd figured that story was a bit of a stretch, I think we had a youtube link to it here actually...I didn't know O'Reilly apologized for it though. I'm impressed.

diamond said:
Well, the gay community feels the need to protect themselves. Here is a little clip from the site:

You are so out of touch with reality it's not even humerous anymore.

So would the NRA be the cryout of "the staight community" feeling the need to protect themselves?

diamond said:

O.k., whatever you say Dr. Ruth..

dbs

See, your insults don't even make sense.

Anyone who uses a small group to label the whole group is someone who is either ignorant or out of touch, sense you constantly try and prove to us you aren't ignorant than I'll have to go with out of touch.

BonoVoxSupastar said:

See, your insults don't even make sense.

Not to you they don't.

Let's just say we both deal from different universes BVS.

In your universe you see yourself as a "Supastar" and from my universe I see you as only a fellow who spends too much time on a U2 message board.

How's that?

Peace,

:)

dbs

diamond said:
In your universe you see yourself as a "Supastar" and from my universe I see you as only a fellow who spends too much time on a U2 message board.

I'll ignore the rampant condescension in that quote, and focus instead on this: it's really funny to hear someone with nearly 9400 posts tell someone else they spend too much time on the forum.

Or someone who gives their own threads five stars

Your condescending and rude comments only make you look worse diamond, that's what you always resort to when someone points out the flaws in your threads and arguments. Sometimes it's way over the line too, try reading the FAQ/rules. Saying peace and :) doesn't negate it.

Oh god, you mean they're giving gays guns now too? Thanks for bringing this important issue to our attention, diamond :up:`

diamond said:

And exactly how many alters do you have?

diamond said:

I guess some of us do play by different rules.

Again and again and again.

Diamond is the court jester of FYM, the idea of taking his posts seriously or pretending to get offended over them is just silly.

Last edited:
financeguy said:
Diamond is the court jester of FYM, the idea of taking his posts seriously or pretending to get offended over them is just silly.

Court jesters were both witty and entertaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom