Piercings, body mofications, plastic surgery, etc...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's a wierd combo. I know people that do severe body modification (hanging by hooks, etc.) as part of their spiritual practice and in clubs... but this seems alot to go through for the sake of fashion. I like real corsets better, thank you.
What's next, nailing stilletto shoes to your feet? Ouch.

I use to represent a manufacturer of silicone implants, primarily breast implants. There were many other types of implants designed for various cosmetic reasons. Many things that would cause a similar reaction to the cited piercing.

I would avoid and discourage body modifications that have no utilitarian purpose (such as eye correction, etc.).

Doesn't it bother anyone that the area where the hooks are is clearly inflamed? I find it extremely disturbing.

Usually I'm fascinated with body piercings, but those pictures turned my stomach.

Considering my reaction to various pictures of body piercings in the past, and judging from the comments in this thread, I think I'll pass on checking out those pictures.

I'm with the others in this thread-that kind of thing is definitely not for me, but if someone else wants to do that kind of stuff to their body, that's entirely up to them.

Angela

anitram said:
Doesn't it bother anyone that the area where the hooks are is clearly inflamed? I find it extremely disturbing.

I think those piercings had been just put in when the photos were taken. It looks as if the people are still at the piercing/tatoo shop, and reading a bit about corset piercing apparently that particular type of piercing is removed shortly after being put in.

While I think all this is disgusting, it's their bodies, so they can do whatever they want to them, they will be the ones to suffer later. As long as it's not hurting anyone else, it's just their problem.

Last edited:
nbcrusader said:
I would avoid and discourage body modifications that have no utilitarian purpose (such as eye correction, etc.).

I agree. I would never do anything permanent to myself like tattooing, branding, body piercing, implants, etc. and would strongly discourage my child from it. Too much potential for infection, disfiguring or catching the item on something and ripping it out of your body. :yikes: To say nothing of the difficulty in getting a job later in life.

However, I am wondering: what is the mindset, the reasoning behind the current trend for "body modification"? It just seems awfully self-destructive to me. :(

well I found it a bit nauseating to look at the pictures, but speaking as a woman who has got several tattoos, and my nose and navel pierced as well as 11 ear rings, I think it would be hypocritical of me to judge them. those piercings are no different than my decorative piercings.

:shrug: good luck to 'em

Can't deal with that thought...that corset piercing reminded me of a Mcburney's strap dressing..and since the only one that came to mind was used was over an open festering gangrenous wound..nuff said....sorry about sharing that.

Wouldn't a real corset be prettier?

Back
Top Bottom