PBS Program note Bill Moyers 25 April Iraq War Lies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
martha said:

I really don't care who or what the Right takes seriously. Any credibility the "Right" had is shot now that they took so long to figure out that their president is a liar.

Some of them still haven't.

It was well done. It summed up much of the deception leading up to the war and the failure of the majority of the media to evaluate the claims.

Much of it was well known to people who are aware of who the sources were and their unreliability. The point of how the media let Cheney, Rumsfeld, Powell, and Rice say whatever they want without any confirmation of the truth was damning. Moyers also focused on the difference between Knight-Ridder newspapers vs NYT and the Washington Post. The use of pundits as experts (who aren't truly experts) was discussed too and how many journalists have become compalcent. It's scary how the country was so wrapped up in the flag that the media basically became a mouthpiece for the Bush administration with few exceptions.

Diemen said:

Excellent post, Irvine. :up:

And excellent point, Dread.

Simply because a journalist arrives at a conclusion that does not fall into your "camp" doesn't mean they're wrong.

Yes, I echo that sentiment! Great statements people!

I was saying exactly the same thing this morning.
The truth is the truth, it's not biased or partisan.

Jeannieco said:

Yes, I echo that sentiment! Great statements people!

I was saying exactly the same thing this morning.
The truth is the truth, it's not biased or partisan.
Yes, unfortunately those who tell us what it is are.

He really does get it - on a level far deeper than the humor on the show might suggest. Particularly his point about the rhetoric of this war being "the fight of our lives."

Really impressive interview. :up:

Back
Top Bottom