Palestinian Bombing Coincidence

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ouizy

Rock n' Roll Doggie
We have pretty much discussed here the do's and don'ts of both sides (Palestinian / Israeli) and we have discussed what both sides need to do to obtain peace, but for the life of me I cannot piece together why there were no suicide bombings during the Iraqi conflict, but in the past weekend there were 5 (!) and there were some in the past weeks.

Let's discuss.

I know many of you think Israel has been in the wrong for many of it's actions, and I can accept that, but let's discuss the immediate response to something that is triggering these bombings.

What is it?

At some level, everyone could accept the idea of Saddam being removed from power.

There are those, however, who will never accept the idea of Israel existing.

Progress on peace plans tend to bring about the suicide bombings.

This is strictly my opinion, but from what I've been reading, Hamas will reject any peace process and so has intensified the bombings to help prevent it.

At the same time Sharon has ordered construction in the settlements and the building of the wall stepped up to 24 hr shifts. Making the most of the existing territory that they will not have to return (hopefully). Sharon has also stated on Israeli tv that no Israeli will live under a Arab gov't. which basically reject the "roap map".

A combination of both has made the situation even more strained than before. Then you have the silence from the White House to the recent events.

Like I said, I try to follow the situation from both perspectives and this is MO.

Back
Top Bottom