Our Favorite Bubba Moments

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lemonite

I'm a chauvinist leprechaun
Go Irish.

It seems we can no longer laugh at ourselves anymore.

[This message has been edited by Lemonite (edited 03-22-2002).]

BTW (by the way), THE HORROR told me to tell you to stick it up your ass and he does not want to be associated with you and your fucked up dillusions

My favorite Bubba moments involve good and warm discussions back about two years ago in the early days of this site. Discussions about the merits of U2 songs and lyrics, about album titles and such. There are no 'moments' from the squabbling in this forum that I would hold up to the fond light of memory.

Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:
My favorite Bubba moments involve good and warm discussions back about two years ago in the early days of this site. Discussions about the merits of U2 songs and lyrics, about album titles and such. There are no 'moments' from the squabbling in this forum that I would hold up to the fond light of memory.

You know, that's a good point, I was a big frequenter of EYKIW before I ended up here, and I remember those conversations, and I'm always going back there, cutting and pasting links into my running 'wordpad' file of important Interference Threads, that I'll actually fairly often come back and check them.. like the 'best bands'... One of my latest favorites was the 'Freudian Analysis of Ultraviolet'..

L.Unplugged

My favorite Bubba moments, sincerely, were all before 9/11. My worst ones are all of his posts since then.

Melon

------------------
"He had lived through an age when men and women with energy and ruthlessness but without much ability or persistence excelled. And even though most of them had gone under, their ignorance had confused Roy, making him wonder whether the things he had striven to learn, and thought of as 'culture,' were irrelevant. Everything was supposed to be the same: commercials, Beethoven's late quartets, pop records, shopfronts, Freud, multi-coloured hair. Greatness, comparison, value, depth: gone, gone, gone. Anything could give some pleasure; he saw that. But not everything provided the sustenance of a deeper understanding." - Hanif Kureishi, Love in a Blue Time

Lemonite, you really need to chill your speak a bit.

I am referring to your original post.

And Bubba's not dead, so no need to talk about him as a euology
rolleyes.gif

Originally posted by Lemonite:
Hahaha.. That's why it's funny.. So when he returns it is like a Machiavellianistic Display of Chivalry towards Life.

L.Unplugged
Well no, it's no different than when I or anyone else take long breaks (last summer I almost left for good but somehow found my way back)

At least A Bubba stated that he would be back, at his own discretion.

Don't get me wrong, I like and respect him. But there is no need to worship him.

Fighting Irish Football is set to rise to National 'Present' Prestige once more.

[This message has been edited by Lemonite (edited 03-22-2002).]

Lemonite,

Steady now, I miss Bubba too. It is going to be okay. Take a deep breath.

Plug in, it will do you some good.

c

Come again?

Is Bubba dead or something?

Well, I could never say I knew him well, but he was alright.

Ant.

Originally posted by Elvis:

Bubba WAS an admin here, he's taking an indefinite vacation from the forum.

Thank you. Then how come all the eulogies? It almost seems like an auto-martyrisation but without the 'dying for what you believe in' part.

Bubba isn't dead, he's got his 'greatest moments' ahead of him, not behind.

Ant.

Originally posted by zonelistener:

Hahah.. Kid, Get a life.

L.Unplugged

Sweet news about the ticketalert.. I'll definitely be hitting that up.. That one posted a while back.. the pollstar.com is pretty sweet too.. though not as easy an 'alerting' interface as Ticketalert.

Back
Top Bottom