Other religions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AM

Refugee
I was wondering if there are people around that belong to other religions that Christianity. Muslims, Jews, Hindus, Buddists, Bahais ... ?

I?m a Bahai myself.
smile.gif

------------------
I'm a bass player. That's a "singer" question. Lord Adam Clayton

"The bass player's got it. The bass player's fucking got it." Bono, Boston 6-9-01

I made my own
biggrin.gif
It has no name, and is so unbelievably straight forward. So far, I am the only member cos I haven't really said anything about it.
These dont have to be official do they?

Originally posted by Angela Harlem:
I made my own
biggrin.gif
It has no name, and is so unbelievably straight forward. So far, I am the only member cos I haven't really said anything about it.
These dont have to be official do they?

My friend has her own religion. It's a branch of Christianity. The title of it is just her name. In example, if I wanted to believe in her religion, I'd call it Lillyism. Then I could publish texts of Lillyisms and claim land in the name of Lilly. This is not to say that I replaced God or anything of that sort, it just plays into religion, faith I suppose, being really individually based. So, you could call your religion 'Angelaism' if you so please.
biggrin.gif

------------------
"Just tell 'em what they wanna hear & nobody will complain."

please give me some serious answers, folks.

------------------

"The bass player's got it. The bass player's fucking got it." Bono, Boston 6-9-01

Originally posted by paxetaurora:
Everyone head for the hills...80sU2isBest and I agreed on something else!
Man, people NEED religion in order to deal with that!!
wink.gif

Originally posted by AM:
please give me some serious answers, folks.

dood, i was being serious. (for once...)

------------------
"Just tell 'em what they wanna hear & nobody will complain."

Originally posted by 80sU2isBest:
No evidence for God? Look around you - the evidence is everywhere. Where did this all come from? Don't tell me that it somehow exploded from nothing - seems to me that takes more faith to believe than believing in a creative force.

ZZZZZzzz, beating a dead horse.
you can prove a rock exists, but you cannot prove that God does.
anyway, debating the existance of God is a lost cause, no one knows and no one will be able to. you cannot prove it's presence or absence.

as for me, i 'believe' that i 'don't know' and i 'never will'. i follow the religion i was born into, nothing.
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by CannibalisticArtist (edited 04-06-2002).]

I don't believe in god or religion. There is nothing even remotely close to evidence of a god, and religion is one step above "a group of scared people". I.E: We feel better about things, now that we can "explain" them away....

Originally posted by RufusYoungblood:
I don't believe in god or religion. There is nothing even remotely close to evidence of a god, and religion is one step above "a group of scared people". I.E: We feel better about things, now that we can "explain" them away....
No evidence for God? Look around you - the evidence is everywhere. Where did this all come from? Don't tell me that it somehow exploded from nothing - seems to me that takes more faith to believe than believing in a creative force.

Sorry AM, but I was being serious too. I was flippant in my reply, but what I believe in isn't made less relevant simply because its not any officially recognised religion.

wow you are bahai?

that test we did was certainly accurate!

------------------
In the stillness of the evening
When the sun has had its day
I heard your voice whispering...

[This message has been edited by zoomerang II (edited 04-06-2002).]

[/B]

Seems to me you need to get a better education. The evidence that the Universe was created from the "big bang" is everywhere. No faith required.

Seems to me you need to get a better education. The evidence that the Universe was created from the "big bang" is everywhere. No faith required.
I am not talking about whether or not "the big bang" happened. God very well could have used a "big bang". But there is certainly no evidence whatsoever that it occurred by pure happenstance, without any creative force behind it. It is one large logical leap to go from accepting that the big bang may have happened to thinking that it just "happened", with no creative design behind it.

Originally posted by zoomerang II:
wow you are bahai?

that test we did was certainly accurate!

yes, it was. Pretty amazing, isn?t it.
smile.gif

Angela and Lilly:
Sorry if I hurt your feelings, but I thought you were messing. You?re right when you say that your believes are notless relevant simply because its not any officially recognised religion. Religion and believing in God is not always the same thing, although it should.

I think that the most important thing is to learn to except other peoples believes, no matter where you?re from or what your background is.

------------------

I don't think 80sU2isBest needs a better education, at all; in fact, he seems very well educated.

At the end of the day, the question here is the matter of faith, not ignorance or lack of education. 80s has faith, and you don't, its as black and white as that, and not really to do with you being more educated than 80s; you claim that there is no evidence to suggest God created the Big Bang, but 80s argues that there is no evidence to suggest that God DIDN'T create the Big Bang.

All I'm saying is, you will never agree with 80s, but I don't think its legitimate to accuse him of suffering from a lack of education; both of you are blind to each other's colours, as it were.

Ant.

Originally posted by Anthony:
Oh, indeed?
What exactly does that entail? I'm not mocking you, I am genuinely interested.

Ant.

Its more of a philosophy actually. Im an atheistic satanist. We view satan as a symbol of the carnal and natural side of human nature as noted in the nine satanic statements. We are our own god, creating our own good and evil. We dont harm children. No animal sacrifices. Children and animals are important to satanist because they accept their natural side the most. You can ask me some questions if you want.

------------------
He who stands atop the highest mountain can see the farthest

Originally posted by RavenStar:
Its more of a philosophy actually. Im an atheistic satanist. We view satan as a symbol of the carnal and natural side of human nature as noted in the nine satanic statements. We are our own god, creating our own good and evil. We dont harm children. No animal sacrifices. Children and animals are important to satanist because they accept their natural side the most. You can ask me some questions if you want.

Ravenstar, thank you for your information, how fascinating. Yes, I was aware that actual Satanism is very much different from the way the Media or Social convention has made it look (ie - animal sacrifices of the sort), but I was very curious as the philosophy. You say that you follow the nine satanic statements, what are these?

Thank you for your information.

Ant.

Ravenstar, thank you for your information, how fascinating. Yes, I was aware that actual Satanism is very much different from the way the Media or Social convention has made it look (ie - animal sacrifices of the sort), but I was very curious as the philosophy. You say that you follow the nine satanic statements, what are these?

Thank you for your information.

Ant.

The Nine Satanic Statements
I Satan represents indulgence, instead of abstinence!

II Satan represents vital existence, instead of spiritual pipe dreams!

III Satan represents undefiled wisdom, instead of hypocritical self-deceit!

IV Satan represents kindness to those who deserve it, instead of love wasted on ingrates!

V Satan represents vengeance, instead of turning the other cheek!

VI Satan represents responsibility to the responsible, instead of concern for psychic vampires!

VII Satan represents man as just another animal, sometimes better, more often worse than those that walk on all fours, who, because of his "divine spiritual and intellectual development, has become the most vicious animal of all!

VIII Satan represents all of the so-called sins, as they all lead to physical, mental, or emotional gratification!

IX Satan is the best friend the church has ever had, as he has kept it in business all these years!

------------------

I don't think 80sU2isBest needs a better education, at all; in fact, he seems very well educated.
At the end of the day, the question here is the matter of faith, not ignorance or lack of education. 80s has faith, and you don't, its as black and white as that, and not really to do with you being more educated than 80s; you claim that there is no evidence to suggest God created the Big Bang, but 80s argues that there is no evidence to suggest that God DIDN'T create the Big Bang.
All I'm saying is, you will never agree with 80s, but I don't think its legitimate to accuse him of suffering from a lack of education; both of you are blind to each other's colours, as it were.
Ant.

Thanks a bunch, Anthony. It's nice to have people help me out like that!

RavenStar,
Based on the nine satanic statements, is it safe to say that satanism is largely about gratifying the self?

[This message has been edited by 80sU2isBest (edited 04-08-2002).]

Originally posted by martha:
I follow the teachings of Meher Baba.

That's interesting martha...I did a quick yahoo search and found a lot about meher..very interesting

RavenStar,
Based on the nine satanic statements, is it safe to say that satanism is largely about gratifying the self?
[This message has been edited by 80sU2isBest (edited 04-08-2002).]

Yes, indeed; those were my initial thoughts as well. Forgive me if I am wrong in this interpretation, Ravenstar, but Satanism does seem to be about the indulgence of the Self in terms of sense pleasures. ie - if there is a desire, one must give into it, not repress it. Am I right in this interpetation.
Thank you for your continued information, now, I would like to find out what it is about Satanism that helps you in life.

Ant.

80's,ant,
it is a religion of the self. A satanist will always put themselves first. Indulgence is a huge thing in Satanism. The best way to live your life is to live it.

------------------

Back
Top Bottom