Oral sex lessons to cut rates of teenage pregnancy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, they don't even consider that to be sex, and from what I read and hear, they don't need any lessons in it :wink: I just don't think it should be encouraged when 11 and 12 year olds are having oral sex on school buses as if it's some sort of recreational sport...

If anyone saw that Oprah show about this topic :eek:

While reducing teenage pregnancy is admirable and necessary, I just can't go along w/ lessons in oral sex . I think the best prevention of pregnancy is an open and frank dialogue w/ parents or some suitable substitute.

Some of the boys in my high school class definitely could have used some lessons. :wink:

MrsSpringsteen said:

If anyone saw that Oprah show about this topic :eek:

I read the transcript thanks to Howard Stern...:| the things that are going on today are amazing. It was something about a "rainbow" party right? :huh: Where is the world going?

Oral Sex on school buses is becoming the favorite pasttime of students here in MA. There have been a few instances of it.

Dreadsox said:
Oral Sex on school buses is becoming the favorite pasttime of students here in MA. There have been a few instances of it.

Sorry but I can't believe this happens.

If I had a daughter and I found out that she was giving blowjob to someone on a school bus I think I would have a heart problem. Don't want to offend anyone but today's young girls are becoming whores and they think that's cool, which is the scarier thing. In the end of the day who wants to marry a girl who at 14 was giving someone head on the back of a school bus? Sometimes I wonder if I should ever have kids. I?m more sad than disgusted. :(

Interesting how we define teen pregnancy as a problem (children engaging in the adult activity of having children), but nonchalantly encourage alternatives (children engaging in the adult activity of oral sex).

Very sad indeed.

I know what you're saying nbc, and I agree, but I guess I'm just too "old fashioned" :shrug: For me the only justification for "encouraging" that as an alternative would be avoidance of pregnancy.

And I'd just like to add that I think the guys are just as "whorish" for engaging in that activity..It does happen on school buses( even in the school itself) in news reports I've seen.

TheBrazilianFly said:

Sorry but I can't believe this happens.

If I had a daughter and I found out that she was giving blowjob to someone on a school bus I think I would have a heart problem. Don't want to offend anyone but today's young girls are becoming whores and they think that's cool, which is the scarier thing. In the end of the day who wants to marry a girl who at 14 was giving someone head on the back of a school bus? Sometimes I wonder if I should ever have kids. I?m more sad than disgusted. :(

Well, we also need to do something about our BOYS who think its okay to GET blowjobs on the schoolbus. As the mother of 3 sons, I can tell you that the level of disrespect I've seen boys show to girls they supposedly "like" is disgusting.

And trust me, the male "whores" outnumber the females by a pretty large margin.

And yes, I totally agree with you that its more sad than anything else.

Bono's American Wife said:

Well, we also need to do something about our BOYS who think its okay to GET blowjobs on the schoolbus. As the mother of 3 sons, I can tell you that the level of disrespect I've seen boys show to girls they supposedly "like" is disgusting.

And yes, I totally agree with you that its more sad than anything else.

Again I agree. The disrespect comes from both sides.

Bono's American Wife said:

Absolutely. How can boys learn what a relationship is when they are taught to view girls as objects of gratification?

Instead they say A Pause promotes the message that other forms of physical intimacy are safer than full intercourse.

Yeah, um, OKAY :scratch: :banghead:

This is so rediculous. It's like saying that AIDS is horrible but since people keep getting it, we should encourage them to get a less fatal STD instead..... :no:

Edit: WTF? Where are the PARENTS?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? People these days need to grow up and realize that a school is NOT responsible for raising your kids, YOU are, period.

Last edited:
Was there an estimate of the rise in oral cases of gonorrhea if this is encouraged? Yes, pus in your throat, isn't that romantic?

But, see, this starts with small things. From the music, the way people dance... you know, the guy rubbing himself against the girls deriere (sp?). The music itself talks about pimping and hos. Girls walk around with thongs sticking out. Spring Break (self-explanatory) and everything that goes on within it. It's all leading to one thing.

I am not suprised but I still am kind of dissapointed. Thank God things aren't as bad here in Honduras.

BrownEyedBoy[/i] [b] But said:

Edit: WTF? Where are the PARENTS?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? People these days need to grow up and realize that a school is NOT responsible for raising your kids, YOU are, period.

good fucking question.

BrownEyedBoy said:
But, see, this starts with small things. From the music, the way people dance... you know, the guy rubbing himself against the girls deriere (sp?). The music itself talks about pimping and hos. Girls walk around with thongs sticking out. Spring Break (self-explanatory) and everything that goes on within it. It's all leading to one thing.

I am not suprised but I still am kind of dissapointed. Thank God things aren't as bad here in Honduras.

Funny enough this is exactly what my grandparents generation said about my mother's generation. They blamed Elvis, the mini-skirt, the dances, the movies, etc.

So maybe the Amish have it right?!

No, it comes down to who's raising these kids...and unfortunately it's not the parents.

Good point. Still, if parents don't tell their children that there IS something wrong with what I mentioned earlier then that's where the mistake is.

I agree that it should be up to the parents to teach some values.

I stand corrected... at some level. :wink:

Wow, this is just amazing- kids are in such a hurry too grow up. I think that teen pregnancy is a problem and I guess that I believe that kids should be taught more about condoms, the pill etc, etc instead of oral sex. I guess that kids are going to be having sex and you gotta just equip them with the right knowledge on what to do. One of my best friends is a single Mum and her son is almost 13 and just started high school this year, he looks about 15 and we all know that his hormones are just racing and that he probably cant wait to have his first sexual experience, so my friend has talked to him, given him a book on sex and told him how important safe sex is. WHilst my friend does not want to think of him having sex, she cant be blind to the idea, so she has tried to at least let him know of all of the consequences and precautions that it entails and I guess that this is the best practice.

Teen pregnancy is an absolute failure of adults. When we suggest that "kids will have sex anyways" we are collectively failing to set expectations for a child's behavior. We are failing the next generation.

Wow, this is absolutely amazing and disgusting. :no: I can't believe this is the alternative people are proposing to stop teenage pregnancy.

I agree with Mrs. Springsteen: " I think the best prevention of pregnancy is an open and frank dialogue w/ parents or some suitable substitute." Yes. Sex education is the key. Giving kids education as to the physical and emotional ramifications of sex, as well as the parents being able to handle the moral side how they see fit. It would be just as bad to ignore the subject, but there is no reason it should be encouraged.

I see any kind of "encouraging" of oral sex as encouraging sex in general, and encouraging kids to expirement more. The focus on sex is widespread enough. Nevermind the important questions of- along with this encouragement are they also taught how to handle a situation when your "partner" wants to go further than you do, etc???

Back
Top Bottom