Ongoing Mass Shootings Thread pt 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just tap it and click "web view."

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

95% of the time they disappear really quick, go to white screen with "twitter widget something or other" in the blue header.

Just tap it and click "web view."

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
Yea that's really annoying to have to do though, and doesn't work half the time. I often have to copy url, go to chrome, paste the URL and advance to the last page... often to see a stupid tweet that didn't really mean anything.

I know this isn't the fault of the mods or anything, but you would think Tapatalk would be able to embed a tweet in their app by now.

Yea that's really annoying to have to do though, and doesn't work half the time. I often have to copy url, go to chrome, paste the URL and advance to the last page... often to see a stupid tweet that didn't really mean anything.

I know this isn't the fault of the mods or anything, but you would think Tapatalk would be able to embed a tweet in their app by now.

Yeah it's kind of a joke that nobody has fixed that problem by now. It's not even a difficult thing to do from a programming perspective.

What I've found is that if you're using an iPhone, when the tweet temporarily loads for like 1-2 seconds where it's visible... if you touch your finger to the screen and hold it down and only pick it up to move the page really quickly, you can "hold" the page from loading into that stupid twitter lodger helper screen of death. So you can view the tweet or page and if it's more than a few words you can decide from there whether or not it's worth opening.

someone's shooting up a hospital in the bronx, but it's the bronx so i'm sure that's just cos it's friday and nothing to do with a gun problem.

How the fuck can 200 people get wounded by one gunman without someone stepping in? That's insanity. I don't think the totals in the previous shootings came anywhere close to that.

Last edited:
What do you suggest your 'someone' should have done?
Honestly, I don't expect shit from anyone. I can't fire a gun and have no desire to, so I have no right to expect others to come to my rescue.

But that is an extraordinary number of wounded before police intervention took place. It's less surprising when you see the kind of guns that are legal there though.

How the fuck can 200 people get wounded by one gunman without someone stepping in? That's insanity. I don't think the totals in the previous shootings came anywhere close to that.
He had a fully automatic weapon that he was firing from the 32nd floor of Mandalay Bay into the crowd below.

Until police were able to get there, it was near impossible for anyone to stop him.

He had a fully automatic weapon that he was firing from the 32nd floor of Mandalay Bay into the crowd below.

Until police were able to get there, it was near impossible for anyone to stop him.

Ban hotel windows.

Or, you know, do every fucking thing possible to stop people owning automatic weapons that can kill or wound over 450 people in a matter of minutes.

Unfortunately this circumstance was a bit different than what we're used to. Guy was 32 floors up. Police intervention wasn't able to be swift.

Honestly, I don't expect shit from anyone. I can't fire a gun and have no desire to, so I have no right to expect others to come to my rescue.

But that is an extraordinary number of wounded before police intervention took place. It's less surprising when you see the kind of guns that are legal there though.

NPR mentioned this morning that a large number of the injuries may have come from people being trampled as the crowd rushed to escape, for what it's worth.

If you've never been to the area... Mandalay Bay is a large Y shaped hotel on the south end of the Strip. It's the last hotel before the "Strip" ends. The Route 91 Festival is held every year at the Vegas Village outdoor festival ground, the same place that the outdoor portion of the iHeartRadio festival is held at for anyone who may have gone last year. It's on the east side of the strip, adjacent to McCarran.

The hotel is diagonally across an intersection from the festival grounds. Luxor is actually closer to the grounds than Mandalay Bay. This shooter was very far away.

While no motive has been released yet, the retirement village this guy lives it was apparently in close proximity to the Bundy Ranch.

Last edited:
Remember congress made it easier for mentally ill folk to own firearms. So when the talking point comes out that this isn't a gun issue, it's a mental health one....well

Don't worry though. We have a level headed leader in the office. I'm sure within days this country will be United

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom