Ongoing Mass Shootings Thread pt 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we actually have reason to ask if Bono's ok? I'm pretty sure he's there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think they're all there. Plus Anton, REM, and my guess is a slew of other rich and famous. Not that that matters, but it's a big vacation location around this holiday.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

It's good news what, for your agenda?

But he's not.

reading your posts, I have come to appreciate you are a thinking person.

let's review, his father said he saw two men kissing in public and it repulsed him. We have co-workers saying he made anti-gay remarks. We have people saying he had been to the club before, so not random choice of location.

Now, we have this FBI putting on the record, 'no evidence' of gay targeting??

whose agenda?? not mine. This administration is all in for Hillary, they want no fractioning of the coalition of blacks, gays and Muslim Americans. Trump is not anti-Muslin, he is anti bringing in 100,000 people from Syria, Iraq that will have ISIS supporters in the mix. Some gays are voting for Trump because they know extreme Muslims will kill them and Hillary the Globalist will let them in. I have quite a few Muslim friends, most for them are Persian, Iranian, many are voting for Trump.

reading your posts, I have come to appreciate you are a thinking person.

let's review, his father said he saw two men kissing in public and it repulsed him. We have co-workers saying he made anti-gay remarks. We have people saying he had been to the club before, so not random choice of location.

Now, we have this FBI putting on the record, 'no evidence' of gay targeting??

whose agenda?? not mine. This administration is all in for Hillary, they want no fractioning of the coalition of blacks, gays and Muslim Americans. Trump is not anti-Muslin, he is anti bringing in 100,000 people from Syria, Iraq that will have ISIS supporters in the mix. Some gays are voting for Trump because they know extreme Muslims will kill them and Hillary the Globalist will let them in. I have quite a few Muslim friends, most for them are Persian, Iranian, many are voting for Trump.

Just to start off here, you've entirely missed the point. What "good news" have you shared with us? Is it really "good news" that he was or wasn't targeting gay people at a gay club? Regardless of the fact that I entirely disagree, why is that good news? It's lateral news, at best. It doesn't change anything.

All suggestions/facts point towards the idea that the killer was conflicted with his own sexuality and increasingly extremist religious views. And, a desire to seek retribution against Hispanics. This was a crime against the LGBT community, and there's nothing to suggest the pulse location was arbitrary. It's not good news that the FBI suggests otherwise, and it's even worse when media takes their report out of context and bends words. That's a right wing/conservative pipe dream to say that it was a random choice and that this wasn't a hate crime. Of course it's a fucking hate crime.

to begin, the 'good news' part was sarcasm

the rest is my belief that is was a hate crime against gays, the gay community by a person that was influenced by the extreme Muslim bias against gays, the same bias that has some Muslims throwing people off buildings and hacking them to death. this FBI is not right wing, with the Hillary email cover up and white wash they proved they are a tool of this Administration's agenda.
I believe this is a similar white washing of the event to soften what they perceive could be more anti-Muslim bias that could take support from some gay Americans and the people that support them to the Trump ticket.

Last edited:
Apologies to both you and Diemen then, on the sarcasm thing.

However, you must remember that there's still a good portion of the right wing that doesn't want this to be a hate crime because they don't want to be forced to sympathize with Hispanics or more importantly gays.

Fuck the right wing and anyone else with an agenda that wants to manipulate events to their purpose.
A thing is just a thing and we all need to keep our bias' in check if we want to see and understand the world as it is.

:| geeeeez

in either Dallas or BR previously it seems there was a break in a pawnshop were the suspects stole guns, purpose to kill police. So they had this actionable intelligence that something might happen to police before Dallas (I think).

African-Americans should be exempt from being policed by these privileged white cops. Anytime a white cop encounters an African-American they should have to call an African-American officer to take over. And if a white cop finds himself in a violent encounter with an African-American they should be prohibited from engaging until African-American officers arrive as back up, EVEN if the white cop is being shot at. His training should allow him to hide at wait for back-up instead of firing back. That would avoid all these racist police shootings.

African-Americans should be exempt from being policed by these privileged white cops. Anytime a white cop encounters an African-American they should have to call an African-American officer to take over. And if a white cop finds himself in a violent encounter with an African-American they should be prohibited from engaging until African-American officers arrive as back up, EVEN if the white cop is being shot at. His training should allow him to hide at wait for back-up instead of firing back. That would avoid all these racist police shootings.

This is obviously sarcastic, but I certainly do think that an increased presence of Black officers could do a lot of good.

Finally, someone with a solution. :up:

Last edited:
This is obviously sarcastic, but I certainly do think that an increased presence of Black officers could do a lot of good.

Since the idea was introduced to me, I'm ever more in favor of smaller police beats based on their home address.

Exactly. I'm not being sarcastic either.

Due to this country's history of slavery and systematic racism against African-Americans by angry white republicans, I strongly believe that African-Americans shouldn't be policed by this racist white system. Due to all these racist shootings and situations where African-Americans have been harassed and discriminated against by these white cops, laws should be passed prohibiting white police from detaining, arresting, and generally dealing with African-Americans without a officer-of-color being present. African-Americans have been victimized by this racist system and are often forced into situations where they commit crimes at a disproportionate rate. Given their terrible track record, If a white cop responds to a violent crime, such as an armed robbery, and the suspect is an African-American, the white cop can't be trusted to respond with a reasonable level of force and should therefore not engage. Remember, the minority "suspect" is a victim of systematic racism.

Furthermore, African-Americans should be compensated for all they've had to endure in this country. Police should be required to use more discretion in dealing with African-Americans and they should be more lenient in regards to certain petty "crimes", especially when a white person is the supposed "victim." African-Americans have been victimized by this racist white system for 100s of years so some "payback" might be in order.

African-Americans also deserve financial compensation for all they've endured. I'm all for tax breaks and other entitlements for minority groups. White privilege is a reality and these racist white right wingers and Trump supporters need to pay up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom