Ongoing Mass Shootings Thread pt 2 - Page 34 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-05-2017, 06:34 PM   #661
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 06:39 AM
Do you think the country would be ready for a black woman when they weren’t ready for a white one?

I don’t get the Michele love. Is it due to her not being in politics and clearly a very well educated and well spoken person ?

Old 11-05-2017, 07:13 PM   #662
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAL View Post
Do you think the country would be ready for a black woman when they weren’t ready for a white one?

I don’t get the Michele love. Is it due to her not being in politics and clearly a very well educated and well spoken person ?

I think the female argument is a total copout for Hillary. There was long term character assassination in the works. It didn't matter that she was female (though it was easier I suppose). She was a threat, so they had at her. Doubt it's because the nation isn't ready. If there was a republican woman with shitty views about women, they'd vote for her.

Not to downplay sexism, but Hillary was far more than a female. She and Obama were vilified equally. She's just far less charismatic and far more likely to fall victim to that tactic, as she did.

Old 11-05-2017, 07:18 PM   #663
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 12:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
I think some dems need to come out and say "yes we want to take your guns away."

I mean, after all, "ally with Russia," "ban Muslims," and "build a wall and have Mexico pay for it" were electable "unamerican" pitches.
I agree. At this point, somebody should just say, "You know what, guys, you're proving we clearly can't trust civilians with guns at all, and the GOP clearly isn't willing to doing a damn thing to stop this madness, so no more guns, period."

And if people are mad about that? If they want to whine, "But, but, Second Amendment!" Tough shit. I don't care anymore. If people really actually care, then FUCKING DO SOMETHING about this already.
Old 11-05-2017, 07:42 PM   #664
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 01:39 AM
Quote:
I think the female argument is a total copout for Hillary. There was long term character assassination in the works. It didn't matter that she was female (though it was easier I suppose). She was a threat, so they had at her. Doubt it's because the nation isn't ready. If there was a republican woman with shitty views about women, they'd vote for her.

Not to downplay sexism, but Hillary was far more than a female. She and Obama were vilified equally. She's just far less charismatic and far more likely to fall victim to that tactic, as she did.

I think you pretty much made your argument moot when you said, “with shitty views about women, they’d vote for her. That IS sexism. I think to not understand that it played a huge role, is going beyond “downplaying”.

When you have an entire political party ignore the fact that their candidate is making judgements based on looks, talk about “bleeding from wherever”, and dismiss nonconsensual grabbing as locker room talk, coupled with a sizable swath on the left that dismiss the women vote as a group think uninformed demographic, you have a big problem with sexism.
Old 11-05-2017, 07:55 PM   #665
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
I think you pretty much made your argument moot when you said, “with shitty views about women, they’d vote for her. That IS sexism. I think to not understand that it played a huge role, is going beyond “downplaying”.
In come BVS with his own character assassination plots.

I'm not downplaying it. She didn't lose because she's a woman. She lost because of a far more complex circumstance. Sexism played a role, but if you think she lost because she's a woman, you're plugging your ears.
Old 11-05-2017, 08:01 PM   #666
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Location: Harvard Supermodel Activist of the Decade Runner-Up
Local Time: 10:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
Fuck everything.
It's not even shocking anymore.
Old 11-05-2017, 08:09 PM   #667
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 01:39 AM
Quote:
In come BVS with his own character assassination plots.

I'm not downplaying it. She didn't lose because she's a woman. She lost because of a far more complex circumstance. Sexism played a role, but if you think she lost because she's a woman, you're plugging your ears.

There’s no character assassination here.

And no, I don’t think she lost because she’s a woman. I just agree that Michelle or any other woman on the left will have to put up with the same REAL character assassinations that Hillary had to put up with from the right and left.
Old 11-05-2017, 08:34 PM   #668
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Clinton not hitting the Midwest lost her the election. She treated this as a standard, normal election. Where past trends would hold true.

She was so wrong and we are paying for it
Old 11-05-2017, 08:57 PM   #669
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

26 year old male
Served in Air Force
Assault Rifle and tactical gear

My friends back home have said they heard he is a leftist. Would surprise me to find one in that part of the country , but think there’s a lot of shit flying around right now.

In before false flags....
Old 11-05-2017, 09:03 PM   #670
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
26 year old male
Served in Air Force

My friends back home have said they heard he is a leftist. Would surprise me to find one in that part of the country , but think there’s a lot of shit flying around right now.

Could still be a "leftist." I don't know what clears that possibility.

Also don't know why it matters. Left or right, hate crime (don't discount the possibility of it being a Mexican church community) or lunatic, it doesn't matter.

There's no point in addressing which domestic extremist it was if the bigger problem is far more endemic than extremism.
Old 11-05-2017, 11:39 PM   #671
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Apparently the shooter did jail time for assaulting his wife and his child, but still had no problem legally purchasing a gun.
Old 11-06-2017, 12:23 AM   #672
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Gee, a mass shooter with a domestic violence history? Look how shocked I am by that news:
Old 11-06-2017, 12:43 AM   #673
Refugee

Local Time: 07:39 PM
More importantly, a mass shooter who is a white middle aged male.

Perhaps at the airports, rather than removing shoes all middle aged men should have to remove their shirts to show the colour of their skin. All white men can then be legally detained for a period while background checks are undertaken.
Old 11-06-2017, 01:02 AM   #674
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Dude was 26. Not exactly middle aged.
Old 11-06-2017, 01:09 AM   #675
Refugee

Local Time: 07:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Boy View Post
Dude was 26. Not exactly middle aged.
Dude was white. They're all mass murderers, the whites. Fucking animals.
Old 11-06-2017, 01:34 AM   #676
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:09 PM
Quote:
26 year old male
Served in Air Force

Yeah, nah, this seems to be pretty blatant disinformation. If anyone dares look at Twitter it's been circulating right throughout far-right sectors. The far-right have been trying to pin everything on "ANTIFA" ever since they discovered what it was.
Old 11-06-2017, 02:20 AM   #677
Blue Crack Addict

It is an interesting contradiction that's popped up in recent years, yeah. People on the right go on and on about how "the liberals" hate guns and want them taken away while simultaneously implying we're responsible for these shootings. How that's supposed to work, I don't know.

(I'm assuming that some variation of that belief's been around for some time, mind, but I've been noticing it cropping up a lot since Sandy Hook especially.)
Old 11-06-2017, 05:35 AM   #678
Blue Crack Supplier

I know it’s anecdotal and all...

http://www.denverpost.com/2017/11/02...mart-shooting/

A friend of mine works at that store, luckily he got off shift about an hour and a half before that happened.
Old 11-06-2017, 05:52 AM   #679
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
But those who drew weapons during the shootings ultimately delayed the investigation as authorities pored over surveillance videotape trying to identify the assailant who killed three people, police said Thursday.

Although authorities said “a few” individuals drew handguns, they posed no physical hazard to officers. But their presence “absolutely” slowed the process of determining who, and how many, suspects were involved in the shootings, said Thornton police spokesman Victor Avila.
No shit, really?

I will never, ever understand how people honestly believe that having more guns around in these sorts of situations is a logical solution.

Glad your friend wasn't around when that shooting happened, IWB.
Old 11-06-2017, 07:30 AM   #680
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad n U 2 View Post
Yeah, nah, this seems to be pretty blatant disinformation. If anyone dares look at Twitter it's been circulating right throughout far-right sectors. The far-right have been trying to pin everything on "ANTIFA" ever since they discovered what it was.

You’re correct. Saw on Twitter the Right was sharing info he was part of antifa which was debunked.