Ongoing Mass Shootings Thread pt 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, last year when the San Bernardino shootings happened I told you all I had worked at IRC from 2003 to 2012, the last 3 years in the very building where the shootings took place. This past August I interviewed for a position and got offered the position and accepted and have been back since Monday of last week. Building 3, where the tragedy took place, is being renovated. It's weird being back for several reasons, I left during a time of mismanagement and frustration from staff. So to come back now is really surreal to me. Security has definitely been stepped up. There has not been any information given to staff on what is going to happen on the 1 year anniversary of the shootings.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Gosh, it's a good thing that serious issues like gun control were so thoroughly explored in the presidential debate tonight. Now I can make an informed decision on whom to vote for on November 8th, a day that hopefully leads us to significant long-term decreases in mass homicide and a safer society.

People really have their priorities in order.

Last edited:
Ohio State tweeted it out on their emergency notification system.

Obviously in events like these the "fog of war" effect is very real.

Well yeah I get how once it's been reported, everyone will report it.

I'm just curious as to who committed to saying active shooter, and on what grounds? Perhaps because maybe someone said they'd heard gunshots? Or what? I'm not outraged, just curious as to how that actually goes down.

Well yeah I get how once it's been reported, everyone will report it.

I'm just curious as to who committed to saying active shooter, and on what grounds? Perhaps because maybe someone said they'd heard gunshots? Or what? I'm not outraged, just curious as to how that actually goes down.
These systems have preset emergency messages. My guess is that the "active shooter" message was the closest and best option. Can't imagine there's one for "active stabber."

That or there was confusion in the initial reports. It appears that the cops arrived fairly quickly and that this was over in short order.

These systems have preset emergency messages. My guess is that the "active shooter" message was the closest and best option. Can't imagine there's one for "active stabber."

That or there was confusion in the initial reports. It appears that the cops arrived fairly quickly and that this was over in short order.

You mean "THE" preset emergency messages?

Best thing is to wait another 5-12 hours for the facts to come out. Horrible tragedy but I despise the "report every rumor that comes out so we can fill air space" news cycle.

Surprised the suspect was taken alive.

oh good. It had been a whole 24 hours since we'd been last reminded of how terrible people are to one another.

Getting real tired of attacks being two degrees of separation from me.

Seriously.

I used to go through FLL twice a year every year until my son reached the age where my flights tend to go to MCO now.

My brother-in-law flies in and out of FLL probably 10-12 times annually.

Sickening and sad.

Seriously.

I used to go through FLL twice a year every year until my son reached the age where my flights tend to go to MCO now.

My brother-in-law flies in and out of FLL probably 10-12 times annually.

Sickening and sad.

Of the regional airports I tend to fly through West Palm (I'm originally from directly in between west PBI and FLL). Smaller so less security line traffic. But I've flown my fair share out of FLL as well.

Having just been through Belfast and reliving my mother's childhood again, all I can say is that taking someone's life to fit your agenda is fucked up.

So apparently this guy checked his gun in his bag in Alaska, which apparently is legal, and retrieved it upon landing in FLL and opened fire.

What the ever living fuck?

My thoughts exactly. "Let's all carry guns in public places. No way anything can possibly go wrong there!"

I just saw a breaking news thing on NBC with Governor Scott. He said he's been in contact with Trump. So, yeah.

(And of course Scott went into the "Now's not the time to play politics" mantra, too.)

So apparently this guy checked his gun in his bag in Alaska, which apparently is legal, and retrieved it upon landing in FLL and opened fire.

What the ever living fuck?

Well of course you can...why wouldn't you be able to check a gun? People go on hunting trips. Do you expect them to drive? This is a travesty, and I'm once again feeling lost and confused about what to say about gun control in this country, but I can't really see how you would get around the checking guns thing, unless, again, you made all hunters drive on trips.

Well of course you can...why wouldn't you be able to check a gun? People go on hunting trips. Do you expect them to drive? This is a travesty, and I'm once again feeling lost and confused about what to say about gun control in this country, but I can't really see how you would get around the checking guns thing, unless, again, you made all hunters drive on trips.
Well, I'm certainly in favor of making things as difficult as possible on gun owners.

Alas... If we can have a special baggage claim section for pets and odd sized luggage, we can certainly include bags with fucking guns in that section.

If the guy were planning to hunt, he could've just stayed in Alaska. Why would somebody fly through multiple states just to go hunting?

And I remember when people couldn't bring shampoo bottles over a certain size on planes after 9/11. But people can check guns at airports?

Our local media is reporting that apparently the gunman is of Puerto Rican descent (will be very, very ashamed if true), in his mid-20's and began serving in the National Guard in August. Who knows what motivated him to kill.

Why would Rick Scott be in touch with Trump? He's not the president today.

Is that normal protocol in the weeks before an inauguration? Does the government just act like the new guy is already in office?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom