ongoing mass shootings thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very saddened to hear that one of the confirmed staff losses from yesterday's senseless tragedy at my old job at Inland Regional Center was Daniel Kaufman. Daniel worked with IRC clients, these are individuals with developmental disabilities, and trained them and oversaw their involvement in the Coffee Shop program that was housed in the events building that I worked in. Daniel was a kind and patient man and I enjoyed the chats I was able to have with him when I'd go downstairs and get myself a snack. All IRC staff that visited the shop would interact with him and his crew from Coffee N' More each time and he was very well liked. He will be missed.
Sorry to hear this David, it's bad enough when its just folks in another part of the country you never met, but when you know someone who was a victim it's that much more heartbreaking.

The police seem to think it's still an active crime scene, and I saw a mention that the landlord was just cuffed and taken away. (Trying to find that tweet.)

Even if the property had been cleared for the landlord to enter, that does not mean that he can allow the media/public to enter while the terms of the lease are still in effect. You might say that this doesn't matter with deceased terrorists as leasees, but as we saw with the MSNBC plunge into the house, there are other people's property (i.e. family members who may have had nothing to do with this) contained within.

I believe he even said that he didn't say they could bring cameras in, and that when he pried the door open everyone just rushed inside. Which begs the question, why was he prying open the door in the first place, but this whole thing is just a mess.

Some cable news outlets got into the house of the terrorists and just started rifling through everything and showing it on camera. The crime scene isn't even closed according to the police. This is fucking insane.

Wow that's bizarre

I believe he even said that he didn't say they could bring cameras in, and that when he pried the door open everyone just rushed inside. Which begs the question, why was he prying open the door in the first place, but this whole thing is just a mess.

I half dismissed the story at first. But when I read up on what was going on, what a blunder! For all the parties, for about a hundred reasons.

San B law enforcement seems to have performed admirably, otherwise :up::up:

Still don't know for sure that there actually was an argument at the party...

There's a ton of misinformation that comes out in the middle of a chaotic scene. Sorta like Muslims cheering in New Jersey on 9/11.

From what I understand, the reason the police were in Redlands to begin with is because they received a tip from someone who saw the male shooter storm off after the argument and was concerned he may have had something to do with the attack.

All the prayers and sympathies mean absolutely nothing after all of the carnage that this country has seen - it's empty - in fact, it's almost a backhanded screw you to all of us. It's past time that these people either put up or get out.... gun reform HAS to happen and if it's not from these bunch of fucktards than we need to get people in who will do it..... it's called leadership... it's called saying your sorry and accept my sympathies from people who are charged to stop this shit from happening.

This is absurd.

From what I understand, the reason the police were in Redlands to begin with is because they received a tip from someone who saw the male shooter storm off after the argument and was concerned he may have had something to do with the attack.

All unconfirmed. There are some reports that there was an argument. There are some that say there was an argument two weeks ago. Some say Farook was simply acting odd before he left, and then others that say they recognized his voice through the mask and that's what led them to suspect his involvement.

Probably pieces of everything add up to the real truth of what occurred.

San B law enforcement seems to have performed admirably, otherwise :up::up:

Need to correct my comment. Based on the FBI's role in an official terrorism investigation, it was their responsibly to secure the apartment, not San B law enforcement.

The apartment was where most of the pipe bombs seem to have been put together, some of which were left at the crime scenes.

UPS went on lockdown yesterday because a package addressed to one of the shooters was sent out for delivery yesterday and the driver brought it back of course.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I'm not sure how anyone can possibly make the argument that somebody on the no fly list should have their second amendment rights protected with a straight face.

I mean really.

We can restrict their travel, tap their phones without a warrant, spy on their religious services, and put them on a database to track their movements in the name of national security... but God damn it if they want to buy an assault rifle, who am I to argue?

It's absolutely absurd.

I'm not sure how anyone can possibly make the argument that somebody on the no fly list should have their second amendment rights protected with a straight face.

I mean really.

We can restrict their travel, tap their phones without a warrant, spy on their religious services, and put them on a database to track their movements in the name of national security... but God damn it if they want to buy an assault rifle, who am I to argue?

It's absolutely absurd.

Headache wants to take away guns from suspected terrorist sympathizers or people in danger of becoming radicalized into terrorist acts YOUR guns!!!

I mean really.

It's absolutely absurd.

It's just money. Pure and simple. The NRA is looking out for fun manufactures who are only doing what businesses do, which is worry about the bottom line. They need as many customers as possible.

Well, this is going to come as a surprise to a lot of people, but I'm actually on the opposite side here.

According to the constitution, being able to buy a gun is, in fact, a right. If someone is going to be denied that right, due process should be followed. Getting on an airplane is not a 'right.'

Maybe the no fly list is what needs to be overhauled*. Is it still more or less a 'secret list'? Has that changed? I read a commentary about this issue last night but it's early and I don't remember. I'll see if I can find it.

(*and also the second amendment, gun culture, the justice system, the NRA lobby. I'll get right on that. Should be done in a week. BRB.)

Edit: http://www.theguardian.com/commenti...rism-gun-control-democrats-debate-republicans

If Republicans want to vote down this largely symbolic and hypocritical gun control legislation by Democrats, that’s their prerogative. But let’s not pretend that they suddenly care about the due process rights that they have spent the last decade and a half attempting to destroy.

At the same time, we should all acknowledge that the no-fly list is an abomination, and it’s shameful that the Democratic party is not only defending its use but trying to further legitimize and intrench it into America’s laws. On the surface, Republicans are right about one thing: the list is a due-process nightmare that is riddled with mistakes and has ensnared countless innocent people over the past decade and a half.

Last edited:
Ms. Malik appears to have entered the U.S. on an inaccurate visa application. Speculation from multiple news agencies that she was the driving force behind the terror plot, and the main engineer of the large pipe bomb inventory found in the home and crime scenes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom