ongoing mass shootings thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, I'm torturing myself by flipping between coverage of this on Fox and MSNBC. Anyone who thinks these channels are the same is an idiot.
Was watching local coverage earlier flipping between stations and the local Boston Fox affiliate was simulcasting the Fox News coverage during Greta Von Susteren's show...the woman is a blithering idiot.

Yes because everybody will see it here vs the major news link I found it on. While you're at it please delete CNN and divorce yourself from reality.

You're the only source I've seen it from thus far. Msnbc won't say his name.

Wonder if he got his gun over Black Friday??

Just read an article earlier that said enough guns were purchased to arm the marine corps. Over 185k officially.

Now, that only shows one sale. Multiple guns bought on the transaction would not show up.

See if I can find it again

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

As if there wasn't enough reason to hate Black Friday already. Good god.

And we still fail to address the real problem.

When you consider how many millions of guns exist in the US, and the relatively minute number that are used in crimes, to blame the gun is empty rhetoric. Otherwise, we would see mass shoot-outs all over the country every day.

Re-reading this thread, this quote gave me pause.

This is pretty much where we are, isn't it? There have been more mass shootings than there are days in 2015.

Seeing A LOT of uninformed irrational stuff posted online from conspiracy theorists saying this was a staged false flag event created by our government to further take our rights away. While I believe we should always question things but these people are worse than uber conservatives.

Last edited:
So now the police news conference says two shooters
Farooq 28 his wife Tashfeen Malik 27, both dead. I think they thought they would get away with it.

Seeing A LOT of uninformed irrational stuff posted online from conspiracy theorists saying this was a staged false flag event created by our government to further take our rights away. While I believe we should always question things but these people are worse than uber conservatives.

Where the fuck do these people even come from.

I have no idea. Is it any more unrealistic that the attacks could have been a premeditated terrorist attack than to think it was an attack perpetrated by our own government to take away gun rights so that America becomes a controlled police state? One of those scenarios seems more probable given the evidence provided.

Last edited:
If I was the government, I'd totally run false-flag operations, since nobody would believe it. However, I suspect it would unravel just as quickly, if not more so, than Watergate or the NSA spying scandal. Also, unnecessarily complex. You don't need to disarm citizens to make America, or any other country, a police state. It's already well along that road imo.

...uh-huh.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist sort in general, so I often tend to shrug off a lot of that sort of babble as it is. I'm sorry, I just don't think our government, as a whole, is really capable of pulling off a big scale conspiracy like that. Mainly because I think there's far too many stupid people in our government a lot of the time to actually successfully pull off such big events :p. And like Kieran said, in this day and age, this sort of stuff wouldn't stay a secret for long no matter how competent or not the people involved were.

That, and contrary to what a lot of uber-conservatives wish to think, Obama's not a diabolical mastermind, so...yeah. His anger every time he comes out to comment on these sorts of events is far too genuine.

There is a False Flag YouTube video for every major attack. 9/11, Sandy Hook, Boston Bombers, London Attack

Sometimes people need an overarching justification for random events. JFK is one of my favorite movies and it captures the paranoia of the times perfectly. despite Stone taking factual liberties. That film gave birth to the X-Files and with the Internet the conspiracy cottage industry was off and running. Now the level of mistrust in our Government is so high, a good chunk of people are ready to blow up the system and put Trump in.

BTW If you are into a good conspiracy to ponder check out "Hunting Hitler" on History. Truly fascinating if you can imagine he faked his suicide and escaped capture.

Guns can never be taken away in America. We already have a pretty big black market for people to get guns by bypassing the proper channels. Hell, the proper channels don't even work anyway.

Guns can never be taken away in America. We already have a pretty big black market for people to get guns by bypassing the proper channels. Hell, the proper channels don't even work anyway.

So is that a reason to not even try?

We're never going to prevent the world from dying eventually, so we might as well not try to lower global warming effects and everything? Stop polluting our planet?

We're all going to die anyway, should we stop medical research and care, as that only elongates the inevitable?

I would tend to agree with Mr. Headache.

Also, in Paris, you had several family members involved, brothers, and in the case of the female, a cousin of the mastermind. It's not surprising, when you think about it, that a husband-wife duo planned this without anyone knowing. What better way to evade the eyes and ears of the NSA and other authorities than to be sleeping in the same bed?

We'll outlaw beds before doing anything about guns

Must be quite the conundrum for your average right winger - 2nd amendment rights applying equally to Islamists (if that is what it turns out to be).

20151203_ohman%20(2)

So is that a reason to not even try?

We're never going to prevent the world from dying eventually, so we might as well not try to lower global warming effects and everything? Stop polluting our planet?

We're all going to die anyway, should we stop medical research and care, as that only elongates the inevitable?

No, of course not.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: I've traveled around the world, walked in some dodgy areas, been in unsafe places, but it was only in the United States, the supposed most civilized country on Earth, where the fear of getting caught in a shooting entered my mind.

Sometimes, while visiting the States, I'd go somewhere, a public place like a restaurant, and wonder if we're all just sitting ducks for some lunatic with a legally-purchased gun. In New York this summer, where I spent 4 days to see a pair of U2 shows, I'd walk in somewhere and immediately take note of all the exit points, just in case I needed them. I'd formulate a plan of escape in my head.

Now you tell me if that's rational or not. I would submit to you that it's not. But that is where we are in the U.S. in 2015, and it's only getting worse because of inaction from so-called political leaders.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: I've traveled around the world, walked in some dodgy areas, been in unsafe places, but it was only in the United States, the supposed most civilized country on Earth, where the fear of getting caught in a shooting entered my mind.

Yesterday in the middle of the shootout with the SUV, CNN had some law enforcement expert on and the anchor was commenting how disturbing it was to see military-grade vehicles driving up to the shot up SUV in a residential area. And the expert said to her, well we (police departments) have received a lot of criticism about how militarized we have become in terms of weaponry and heavy equipment but the reality is that our civilians are militarized, so there is no way the police won't be as well. And this was all seen as totally normal.

Instead of the candidates debating on how best to deal with ISIS I think they better start thinking about the NRA, it's a shame if you're a terrorist and you can't just go in and buy an assault rifle in any other country in this world like you can in the US, these others must be so jealous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom