ongoing mass shootings thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking intercontinental ballistic missiles myself. Let good old mutual assured destruction keep the peace.
My friend at work suggested we just find a way to make every American's skin bulletproof. That ought to fix it.

I don't buy the argument angle.

You're telling me this guy got into an argument at the party, left, and just happened to have some friends hanging out with assault rifles and pre-made pipe bombs ready to roll? Doesn't sound very plausible

I also heard something about one of the shooters being there early to stake it out to "make sure a certain person was there" which sounds a lot more plausible and makes more sense with the "left and came back" theory.

Trump will make America great again. His numbers will be going up.
I saw people standing on rooftops in Bengazi cheering this sttack.

Confirmed: One of the suspects was an employee of Department of Public Health who were using the facility at Inland Regional Center today.

Can I bling mine out? Pink sparkles?

Sounds like the lady gun market has excellent growth potential.

Also, I'm torturing myself by flipping between coverage of this on Fox and MSNBC. Anyone who thinks these channels are the same is an idiot.

I also heard something about one of the shooters being there early to stake it out to "make sure a certain person was there" which sounds a lot more plausible and makes more sense with the "left and came back" theory.

That's really disturbing. Good lord.

Surely the best proof against the "we need more guns!" argument is that these mass shootings are occurring with alarming regularity in a country with lax gun laws, not in the countries with strict gun control.

Unfortunately people just point to the fact that crime happens in cities or states here in the U.S. that have strict gun laws as their argument against that, and therefore, according to them, it won't matter how strict our laws are. They forget that the reason that happens is because those strict laws aren't uniform across the nation, like they are in other countries.

"Good people with guns" don't save people from mass shooters. Making it really fucking hard for anybody to get guns saves people from mass shooters.

Exactly. Like I said a few pages back in this thread (after the last shooting, no less), all of these killers were taken down by law enforcement or they killed themselves. At no point have any of these situations ended with some random passerby pulling out their own personal gun and going after the shooter. So where people are getting this idea that arming average citizens is the solution, I do not understand.

If this is ISIS related or inspired, I can only hope that the assault rifles were purchased legally so that we can finally send Wayne Lapierre to Guantanamo

Ohhhhhh, would that we could do something like this. If we could make the NRA legally responsible somehow for all of these shootings, and take down the top brass that way, that would be beautiful. Not gonna happen, but a girl can dream, right?

News confirmed Farouq Saeed Muhammad as the suspect. They interviewed his father already and he was supposedly a devout muslim.

Unfortunately people just point to the fact that crime happens in cities or states here in the U.S. that have strict gun laws as their argument against that, and therefore, according to them, it won't matter how strict our laws are. They forget that the reason that happens is because those strict laws aren't uniform across the nation, like they are in other countries.

Oh my favorite part of this always has to be the Chicago debate.

"Chicago has some of the strictest gun control laws in the country"
"Yeah....and Indiana has some of the laxest."
"You think people are crossing into Indiana to purchase guns? You can't do that."
"Yes...?"

Yeah, I had a similar debate with some guy on another site once, too, and he refused to believe that was a thing that happened.

I mean, people go to other states to obtain fireworks that they can't get where they live, for crying out loud. Why wouldn't they do the same with guns?

Wow people cross state lines to acquire things they cannot get at home?

WHO KNEW.

Wow people cross state lines to acquire things they cannot get at home?

WHO KNEW.

But it's not possible, Axver.

It is apparently IMPOSSIBLE to buy a guy in another state with an out-of-state license. My cousins tell me this is so.

This exchange with my cousin is depressing:

Cousin: Did you know that 60 gun related deaths happened in Chicago alone in September ...deadliest September since 2002 .chicago has the strictest gun laws and yet Obama doesn't mention this from his very own hometown?

Me: And Indiana has some of the weakest gun control laws. No one wants to mention that either. This is what happens when you let the states decide on an issue like this. Illinois can do what they want, but they can't make it harder to get a gun in the state that's right next door.

Him: So your telling me they can come over with their Illinois drivers license and come to Indiana and purchase a gun ? You better do some more research because they can't.

Me: Yes. I am telling you that

Indiana guns: Favorite of Chicago gangbangers | WGN-TV

I await his response...
Forgot I posted this in here before.

Apparently the suspects had been receiving a lot of packages in the mail recently and working on something in their garage late at night according to neighbors.

I found different spelling on the name

48303761.cached.jpg

that could be him ?

Suspect ID'd in San Bernardino Massacre as Syed Farook - The Daily Beast

Syed Raheel Farook Facebook Photo: San Bernardino Shooting Suspect ID’d, 2nd Man Possibly Farook’s Brother

Last edited:
Yeah, I've seen multiple versions of the spelling of his name. The woman suspect that was killed was possibly his wife and the other guy was possibly his brother. All is known is that he worked for Department of Public Health as an inspector.

Yeah, I've seen multiple versions of the spelling of his name. The woman suspect that was killed was possibly his wife and the other guy was possibly his brother. All is known is that he worked for Department of Public Health as an inspector.

Wow.

So do they think he's the one that had the beef with someone at the party, then, and he roped his wife and brother into helping him get revenge? Or was it one of the others who had the issue?

Very, very twisted and weird situation all around.

Can we NOT keep posting names and pictures of mass murderers?

Do we even actually have confirmation this is the guy? I thought it was all still speculative...? If it's some poor bastard unassociated with events, that's even worse.

Yes because everybody will see it here vs the major news link I found it on. While you're at it please delete CNN and divorce yourself from reality.

Wonder if he got his gun over Black Friday??

Just read an article earlier that said enough guns were purchased to arm the marine corps. Over 185k officially.

Now, that only shows one sale. Multiple guns bought on the transaction would not show up.

See if I can find it again

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom