ongoing mass shootings thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some whacko on the internet is making threats against schools in Austin (presumably my university, UT-Austin) for tomorrow, using language copied from the Oregon shooter.

In all likelihood, this is some asshat doing a stupid prank. But many of my friends have been thinking about how important it really is to go to class tomorrow, and it's frustrating to have to think about that.

It really bothers me that, where I live, a weapon to senselessly slaughter dozens of people essentially for media attention is easily accessible to just about anyone. And that people have to take these sorts of threats as though they have some amount of credibility, because we know that individuals are capable of performing these massacres.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

BolmMuTCMAMFW4g.png

I fucking lost it when they mentioned Marine Todd. Marine Todd is my favorite thing ever ImageUploadedByU2 Interference1444112721.558996.jpg

Some whacko on the internet is making threats against schools in Austin (presumably my university, UT-Austin) for tomorrow, using language copied from the Oregon shooter.

In all likelihood, this is some asshat doing a stupid prank. But many of my friends have been thinking about how important it really is to go to class tomorrow, and it's frustrating to have to think about that.

Charming :|. I remember kids making similar phony prank threats at my school after Columbine. 'Cause nothing says "funny prank idea" like a bunch of students being murdered!

Hoping it's just someone being a massive idiot in your case, too.

:lol: Okay I'd never heard about Marine Todd before..damn that's funny.

:uhoh: Please tell me people don't actually believe and/or suppor this shite..

Wait, Marine Todd isn't real? Well crap.
*takes down Marine Todd poster*
*takes off Marine Todd shirt*
*tears off Marine Todd bumper sticker*

Ok, but seriously, I'm pretty right wing. But that Marine Todd stuff is the some of the funniest stuff I've ever read.

Also nice to know she has a good sense of perspective in life.

The right wing has accepted that mass shootings are a part of American right. Stuff happens. Right around the time of Obama's election, unfettered access to guns became a core right wing value.

I'm sure you can guess why.

I actually don't mind his statement that much, at least it's brutally honest. These people don't care about human lives, they care about their gun fetish. At least he's willing to say it out loud.

Right around the time of Obama's election, unfettered access to guns became a core right wing value.

I'm sure you can guess why.

Mmmmmmmhm.

That quote from Carson...holy shit. He's supposed to be a neurosurgeon, right?

That may well be one of the dumbest, and most offensive, things I think I've ever heard anyone say. Maybe he should take a look at some crime scene photos from the Sandy Hook massacre and then try saying that again. Idiot.

Edited to add, regarding the rest of the article: Can we shut up already about how the left keeps using these tragedies to "advance a political agenda"? The right's doing the exact same thing by rushing to defend gun rights in the aftermath of these shootings, too, so they can put a damn sock in this "political agenda" BS already.

Last edited:
Ben Carson is shattering stereotypes across the country; brain surgeons can be dumb as fuck!

I'd laugh if it was a fringe idiot. But isn't he second in polling now? I only watched the one debate but there were some reasonable GOP candidates up there, even if I didn't agree with many of their views... scary that those voices are the fringe but Carson and Trump are up top

I'd laugh if it was a fringe idiot. But isn't he second in polling now? I only watched the one debate but there were some reasonable GOP candidates up there, even if I didn't agree with many of their views... scary that those voices are the fringe but Carson and Trump are up top

2nd or 3rd depending on the poll, along with Carly Fiorina. (who is also batshit insane with her flat out incorrect abortion fear mongering and war-hungry ideas)

This country....

Take a look at my Facebook post about this earlier if you really want some fun.

We need black and Muslim groups to get together and start celebrating their right to open carry in those states which allow it.

I bet we'd get some folks supporting gun control then.

someone said this in jest on another site, but there's got to be some truth to it. Didn't the right wingers freak out in the 60s or 70s when the Black Panthers celebrated their open carry rights?

Oh, yeah, there's definitely some truth to that. Look at all the recent rash of stories of black people being shot and killed by white officers, and people defending the officers for doing so because the black person MIGHT have had a gun on them (and if I recall rightly, in many of the cases, they didn't. But if someone even suspects a black person may have a potential weapon on them, clearly they're up to no good, I guess, in their eyes).

Trayvon Martin turned out to be unarmed, too. And yet look at how many people came to Zimmerman's defense for going after him because he felt he might have posed a threat.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom