ongoing mass shootings thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gunman in a Latin gay club. 20 dead. The gunman killed himself. Sounds like he was organized and prepared. They are calling it an act of terror. He had an assault rifle as well as a "suspicious device."

He didn't kill himself. Was shot dead by police after a gun battle.

I consider any mass shooting targeting a group of people to be an "act of terror", regardless of the identity of the shooter. This is so very sad.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using U2 Interference mobile app

I consider any mass shooting targeting a group of people to be an "act of terror", regardless of the identity of the shooter.

Agreed. Maybe just viewing all mass shootings in that manner is what we need to do to get something moving, I dunno.

But seriously, it's just...I do not get how people can still keep sticking their heads in the sand on this issue, and refuse to budge even a LITTLE bit. Again I say, I'm honestly scared to find out what it COULD take to finally get people to wake the fuck up.

Unfortunately with how our news works over here, there will be 50 different versions of what happens. No wonder conspiracy theories are so easy to make up....

When you allow citizens the right to guns, this really isn't that unexpected. We have proven time and time again that our society is not fit to own them.

But nothing will ever change

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Wow, how much I never wanted to be so close to this topic.

I was two blocks down the road from the Plaza Theatre on Friday where that first murder happened. Didn't know anybody there. But, that was one of the most memorable concerts I can think of. Naked and Famous with Vacationer. The Plaza is an old movie theater converted into a concert hall. Autographs would be right in the lobby. The venue opens up a table and makes space for the artist as the fans flock over. I've had intentions to return before I leave Orlando finally in September. Because I love that little venue. And now my memory of it is replaced with a murder scene.

All in the meanwhile I woke up to some texts about what happened at Pulse last night. Right now I'm just with as many details as the next person, but it's pretty likely that I knew someone there. I've been to Pulse many times. That was another place that I have written down on a list, wishing to bid farewell to. Something I probably will not be doing. Very uneasy morning.

I know that 50 number came from Buddy Dyer's mouth. I have no idea if that was clarified but I'm so hoping that's a misspoken number.

I'm just shaking right now.

All in the meanwhile I woke up to some texts about what happened at Pulse last night. Right now I'm just with as many details as the next person, but it's pretty likely that I knew someone there. I've been to Pulse many times. That was another place that I have written down on a list, wishing to bid farewell to. Something I probably will not be doing. Very uneasy morning.
As soon as I heard the location. I figured it would hit very close to home for you. I hope nobody you knew is among the victims. My sympathies for the whole community.

I consider any mass shooting targeting a group of people to be an "act of terror", regardless of the identity of the shooter. This is so very sad.

This. There really aren't words to express the tragedy involved here.

I keep on trying to find the words. Like, I'm frozen.

I can see it in my head. It's not like I was there or something. But I know what every square foot of that building looks like. It's like I know it happened. I know the security flaws of that place. Or how someone would do what that monster did.

I can't unsee it. But I wasn't there.

My words don't seem to be making any sense. I don't know.

The father of the shooter who killed 50 people at a gay nightclub in Florida said his son became enraged recently when he saw two men kissing — and that may have been what sparked the worst mass shooting in US history.

Mir Seddique, shooter Omar Seddique Mateen’s father, insisted to NBC News that the slaughter at Pulse in Orlando “has nothing to do with religion.”

“We are saying we are apologizing for the whole incident. We weren’t aware of any action he is taking. We are in shock like the whole country,” Seddique said.

Law enforcement sources identified Mateen, 29 of Fort Pierce, as the gunman.

Mateen was a U.S. citizen with no apparent criminal history, was born to Afghan parents in 1986 and was living in Port St. Lucie, according to multiple media reports.

Insanely violent homophobia has nothing to do with religion? That one is a bit difficult to believe.

CkieGMaUYAEiMKn.jpg

Good Christian morals

I received this photo from a friend. There's not much that can be said or done to make anything better right now. But, maybe we can look at what is right and just appreciate what is right.

This is a line of good people who are donating blood for the injured today.

ImageUploadedByU2 Interference1465748360.369815.jpg

I'm actually super afraid of giving blood. I don't show it, but I am. But I think today might be the first time I do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom