One more > for Family Values???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
diamond said:

:hmm:

Or law maker with questionable behavior asked to step down.

dbs

has this really been a problem for Republicans before?

they are really exposing themselves for the absolute frauds they are

how many corrupt GOP politians have been allowed to carry on
while the GOP looked the other way

when they had control of congress
they would not allow ethics investigations

The states send who they send.

How would it look if a political party tried to rid themselves of a representative before they became an obvious embarrassment? Of course parties just cross their fingers and look the other way, hoping nothing embarrassing happens.

What if Republicans tried to kick out Mark Foley before the big news hit? They'd be labeled as complete Bigots. Or if Democrats decided to hang William Jefferson out to dry before the Feds searched his fridge. Are they Racists?

There's not many secrets in Washington. It's more a question of damage control. The states send who they send. The establishment is left to deal with it all.

True, it's not very smart to support a fibbing deviant, if that is what your representative has been accused of for two decades.

Bluer White said:
True, it's not very smart to support a fibbing deviant, if that is what your representative has been accused of for two decades.

most people in DC are fairly aware of the GOPers who are closeted. everyone from Foley to Craig to, yes, Lindsay Graham, to others like Ed Koch or Scott McClelland (who, rumor has it, had more than a passing knowledge of Jeff Gannon). just like everyone in Hollywood will confirm Travolta, Queen Latifah, Keanu, Kevin Spacey, etc.

it's the voters who either don't care or are to oblivious to notice what's obvious in a city where these people live and where people pay close attention to their celebrities. they don't call DC "Hollywood for ugly people" for nothing.

but this kind of very bad behavior -- at least sexual behavior, it seems the Democrats are more abotu the money -- seems to be a GOP phenomenon. and i don't think that's coincidental.

Irvine511 said:

most people in DC are fairly aware of the GOPers who are closeted. everyone from Foley to Craig to, yes, Lindsay Graham, to others like Ed Koch or Scott McClelland (who, rumor has it, had more than a passing knowledge of Jeff Gannon). just like everyone in Hollywood will confirm Travolta, Queen Latifah, Keanu, Kevin Spacey, etc.

it's the voters who either don't care or are to oblivious to notice what's obvious in a city where these people live and where people pay close attention to their celebrities. they don't call DC "Hollywood for ugly people" for nothing.

but this kind of very bad behavior -- at least sexual behavior, it seems the Democrats are more abotu the money -- seems to be a GOP phenomenon. and i don't think that's coincidental.

What about Tom Cruise?

diamond said:

What about Tom Cruise?

you know, i've heard so many different things, from "he's totally gay" to "he's too boring to be gay."

i don't think anyone actually knows, or will ever know. i have no idea. what makes me most suspect is the fantatical Scientology thing.

it's like the Kennedy assassination.

The mayor of Berlin is gay, the mayor of Hamburg is gay, the leader of the Liberal Party is gay, and no one cares.

It should be time to realise how outdated their stance on this issue is, but I'm afraid I'm dreaming again.

Gays are ok, but lesbians, that's brutal, because it means not one girl is not available, but two. :(

:wink:

Yeah, right. :(

But they would throw me out as soon as I revealed to them that I was a heathen. :D

Wow-and why were the others laughing at that?

http://mediamatters.org/items/200708290003

"On the August 28 edition of MSBNC Live, hosted by MSNBC general manager Dan Abrams, Tucker Carlson, host of MSNBC's Tucker, asserted, "Having sex in a public men's room is outrageous. It's also really common. I've been bothered in men's rooms." Carlson continued, "I've been bothered in Georgetown Park," in Washington, D.C., "when I was in high school." When Abrams asked how Carlson responded to being "bothered," Carlson asserted, "I went back with someone I knew and grabbed the guy by the -- you know, and grabbed him, and ... hit him against the stall with his head, actually."

UPDATE: Media Matters received the following statement from Tucker Carlson by email from an MSNBC spokeswoman:

Let me be clear about an incident I referred to on MSNBC last night: In the mid-1980s, while I was a high school student, a man physically grabbed me in a men's room in Washington, DC. I yelled, pulled away from him and ran out of the room. Twenty-five minutes later, a friend of mine and I returned to the men's room. The man was still there, presumably waiting to do to someone else what he had done to me. My friend and I seized the man and held him until a security guard arrived.

Several bloggers have characterized this is a sort of gay bashing. That's absurd, and an insult to anybody who has fought back against an unsolicited sexual attack. I wasn't angry with the man because he was gay. I was angry because he assaulted me.

Last edited:
dazzlingamy said:

HELLO! I haven't heard that rumour. OH that is so hot, i'm faint :drool: :dance:

Who else is Irvine?!

well, as always, these to be taken with a grain of salt (or perhaps just a splash of soda on the rocks with a twist of lemon), but you hear rumors, and, well, they're more fun than anything, but here's a non exhaustive list of the not-yet-out:

Men

Ian Thorpe
Robbie Williams
Clay Aiken (duh)
Richard Gere
John Travolta
Kevin Klein
Kevin Spacey
Tom Selleck
Jonathan Taylor Thomas
Anderson Cooper
Shepard Smith
David Dreier (R-CA)
Anthony Hopkins

Women
Jodie Foster (duh)
Gillian Anderson
Carol Burnett
Sharon Gless
Linda Hamilton
Helen Hunt
Julia Styles
Queen Latifa
Alicia Keys

MrsSpringsteen said:
Several bloggers have characterized this is a sort of gay bashing. That's absurd, and an insult to anybody who has fought back against an unsolicited sexual attack. I wasn't angry with the man because he was gay. I was angry because he assaulted me.

i'd probably do the same thing as Tucker. :shrug:

the whole laughter thing is a bit high school locker room, but the actual situation doesn't seem all that unrealistic.

the point i want to keep hammering home, over and over again, is that this kind of bathroom/public behavior is a result of homophobia and life in the closet, and many of these men live otherwise "straight" lives. gay people who are out and happy and healthy and are able to go out with potential love interests to dinner, to the movies, to the theater, on vacation, etc., don't engage in this kind of behavior.

Irvine511 said:

well, as always, these to be taken with a grain of salt (or perhaps just a splash of soda on the rocks with a twist of lemon), but you hear rumors, and, well, they're more fun than anything, but here's a non exhaustive list of the not-yet-out:

Men

Ian Thorpe
Robbie Williams
Clay Aiken (duh)
Richard Gere
John Travolta
Kevin Klein
Kevin Spacey
Tom Selleck
Jonathan Taylor Thomas
Anderson Cooper
Shepard Smith
David Dreier (R-CA)
Anthony Hopkins

Women
Jodie Foster (duh)
Gillian Anderson
Carol Burnett
Sharon Gless
Linda Hamilton
Helen Hunt
Julia Styles
Queen Latifa
Alicia Keys

I thought Queen was out.

And where is Ryan Seacrest?

Tucker Carlson is a little piece of shit. I don't think the issue is really how he reacted (sure, it was inappropriate but I don't think it was out of the norm given how people might react in public restrooms), but why the hell he even told this story on TV while giggling like a schoolgirl. The man has no class, but then again that's nothing new. I think he has serious issues about his own sexuality and hang ups about his masculinity, to be frank.

Add Jake Gyllenhaal and Wentworth Miller to that list. ;)

deep said:

HE IS NOT GAY!!!!!!!

HE HAS A WIFE AND THREE CHILDREN.

GAY MEN DO NOT PUT THEIR SEED IN WOMEN'S VA JAY JAYS!!!

HE IS A PERVERT !!
THAT CHOOSES TO DO PERVERT THINGS.

IT IS A CHOICE HE IS MAKING!!

Many gay men have had wives and children. That isn't a barometer of sexual identity. It's rather like telling a transgendered man that because he looks, walks, and talks like a woman that he IS a woman. Wrong, dead wrong.

I heard Jake and Reece are back together - i want them to have babies - they'd be Shiloh gorgeous! :D

but a REAL brokeback mountain Jake? :hyper: and he'd find someone much better looking then heath ledger!

[/lemonade stand talk]

I just don't get the guys that assult people in toilets. Do they honestly think taking a swipe at another man's junk is gonna turn into everyone getting their freak on in the toilet? lol

Also, im not 100% sure what the story is here? Did he actually touch another man in the toot? Or did he get an eyeful when "picking up a piece of paper" (ewww on that who would touch paper on a toilet floor?)
i canna read between the lines?

Back
Top Bottom